Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-02-2015, 05:13 PM   #1

Thumbs up Today two members saved the day!

It's been a rollercoaster the last few days, lots of highs, and LOTS of lows...
Our 2016 36RL was delivered this past Monday to Mesa AZ. The dealership gave us a call and we were so excited to see the final product that includes all the changes for 2016. The good stuff first...it's beautiful, the change that they made to the bathroom, perfect!! The new lighting and crown molding, perfect!! The Energy Management System, awesome, but the guy that did our walk thru was not familiar with the system...we'll need to read up on that one. Now the lows...
we paid for upgraded tires, they were not installed, I think it was paperwork issue, but they are shipping them to the dealer. Our backup camera wasn't installed, still waiting on the update for that one. The slides are way out of line...table/recliner side 1.5 inches at the bottom and .5 at the top. There is a metal strip that's all bent. The hallway slide has dark brown showing that shouldn't be there....I'm sure all of this will be handled. WE LOVE HOW IT LOOKS AND COULD NOT BE HAPPIER!! Here is where it gets rough...we finally get hooked up and we have no brakes, (disk brakes were installed) our truck wasn't seeing the trailer. We left our truck hooked up and hoped that after calling Crossroads this morning and sending a few emails we could find the answer. We did find what we needed ...thanks to Ford Truck Guy, and Titan Guy, with their help and research the problem was just corrected at the dealership. We provided the dealer with all the information that the Guys provided us!! There was some wiring that wasn't done correctly....
I don't have the actual details to post but I will as soon as we pick up our rig!!
Many thanks, just proves this that the Redwood family is always there for you!!
Ford Truck Guy and Titan Guy, THANK YOU!!!!
Bogey3025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 06:10 PM   #2

Glad to hear the dealer is getting it all fixed for you !! I cannot wait to see the pictures! So the brake issue was that box , like stated in that old thread?? Good Luck and Happy Camping ! ! Joe
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 06:13 PM   #3

Fantastic - pics on the updates please

I had no disk brakes either when we picked ours up. The Carlisle actuator had fried, probably in transport.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 10:01 PM   #4

Congrats on the new RW. Hope you love yours as much as we love ours. Safe Travels
Old 09-03-2015, 03:50 AM   #5

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
Congratulations on your new purchase. I hope it gives you many years of happiness
Old 09-03-2015, 01:41 PM   #6

Whoo Hoo!

Those guys are the best :-) So glad to hear that the unit made it to you and that the tweaks have been minimal. As always, should you need help from Redwood , you know where to find me!
ChristianM is offline   Reply With Quote