Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-14-2014, 11:12 PM   #1

Thinking about buying Need advice

Let me start with saying I am a RV owner I have a 2008 Cardinal 5th wheel. My wife and I have been looking for a bigger camper. One of the parks that we were in had a couple that had a redwood and it is a beautiful camper, Dont get me wrong my wife and I love our Cardinal but I was looking at the Redwood floorplans and my wife fell in love with the 2014 RW39MB, but no dealer around Louisiana has one or is thinking about getting that floorplan, and the Redwood website has no data on it everything is TBD. Does anyone or has anyone seen anything on this model?
wayne&leah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 11:46 PM   #2

I believe the MB will debut at the Tampa RV Super Show this week. Several of our Redwood owners will be attending. Hopefully, we'll get some pictures. Stand by.
Old 01-14-2014, 11:50 PM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne&leah View Post
Let me start with saying I am a RV owner I have a 2008 Cardinal 5th wheel. My wife and I have been looking for a bigger camper. One of the parks that we were in had a couple that had a redwood and it is a beautiful camper, Dont get me wrong my wife and I love our Cardinal but I was looking at the Redwood floorplans and my wife fell in love with the 2014 RW39MB, but no dealer around Louisiana has one or is thinking about getting that floorplan, and the Redwood website has no data on it everything is TBD. Does anyone or has anyone seen anything on this model?

The Cardinal is a nice unit and I've talked with several people that have been very happy with them. As was posted earlier, the big show in Florida will be the first showing of the MB. I'm sure we'll all get information on them after the show.
Old 01-15-2014, 12:31 AM   #4

We have a couple RV show about to happen around us but so far the dealers I have talked to said that they wouldnt be bring that model. I Love my cardinal but I just have to see this floorplan. If its as nice as it looks I will have one because if momma aint happy daddy aint happy.
Old 01-15-2014, 12:58 AM   #5

OK, guess I'll have to see if I can get a photo of the weight sticker on the side tomorrow. I'll also see if they have a brochure with any more info. Although the half bath looks neat, we would rather have additional storage space, or maybe put a Residential fridge in its place and a pantry where the current fridge or some such combination.
But I do have to say we are very happy with our RL floor plan and if we were to change, would probably be to the 38RL for just a little more room, but need to see one first to know exactly where they put the extra room. The floor plans on the web site appear to be identical between the 36 & 38 RL but the 38 is 2 1/2 feet longer.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 01:03 AM   #6

the weight isnt an issues thank the lord, My wife loves the idea of the big private bath.
Old 01-15-2014, 02:11 AM   #7

I am also interested in this floor plan...
Low 'n Slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 03:28 AM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhs4771 View Post
OK, guess I'll have to see if I can get a photo of the weight sticker on the side tomorrow. I'll also see if they have a brochure with any more info. Although the half bath looks neat, we would rather have additional storage space, or maybe put a Residential fridge in its place and a pantry where the current fridge or some such combination.
But I do have to say we are very happy with our RL floor plan and if we were to change, would probably be to the 38RL for just a little more room, but need to see one first to know exactly where they put the extra room. The floor plans on the web site appear to be identical between the 36 & 38 RL but the 38 is 2 1/2 feet longer.

It looks like they added another pantry next to the fridge, more space around the recliners and pushed the coach back so we don't have to worry about it hitting the slides anymore while driving. This is still my wife's favorite as well. I like the GK but Ginny doesn't like the shower or the stairs. I liked the MB but it has the smaller pantry.
Old 01-16-2014, 01:58 AM   #9

Well, per the weight sticker on the side, the MB isn't any heavier than any of the other models. Still lists gross of 16.5K. We were not overly impressed with the MB, seems right now that is the big thing, a 1/2 bath and full bath all the way in the front. We like the extra Pantry in the GK but don't care for the side bath. So out of everything, we would go from our 36RL to the 38RL and pickup another couple feet of space.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 03:25 AM   #10

I agree, not too impressed with the MB. Liked the redesigned FL, but I'll keep what we have. Liked front LEDs, but awning LEDs only good if awning extended.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 03:54 AM   #11

I had the same feeling when I looked at the Montana MB. A little too utility and less pizzaz.

Michelle, that 38RL rocks for me with the king slide in slide. We ordered that in ours with the chopped up mattress that was a king jammed in a queen hole and Leanord talked us out of it and glad he did, but having the full king in the slide in slide is awesome! I think it is a far better way to get space than pushing a 4th slide into the patio area like MS.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 07:58 AM   #12

I honestly dont need the half bath my self, its just the Leah and I and the two weenies so the half bath would be really useless for us. I know momma wants the big bath how disappointing to hear. I like the slide in a slide concept does it make that much more room in the bed room? I honestly am not stuck on one model I will get out when I am in country and check out the Redwoods more I have been a FR fan but I am getting more and more into the redwood the more I see them and talk to you folks on here.
Old 01-16-2014, 02:08 PM   #13

a king slide in slide is the only thing I would change on our gk's floor plan
it is tight to first get into the br with our LARGE memory foam mattress, but once in there is enough room on the end for normal use...

but given that we only use the bedroom for a bedroom wanted the king bed !
johnboytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 02:35 PM   #14

I believe the extra room with the queen slide in a slide is about 16". If you look at Redwoods for sale on the internet, you'll be able to see the extra room.
Steve & Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 02:38 PM   #15
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne&leah View Post
I honestly dont need the half bath my self, its just the Leah and I and the two weenies so the half bath would be really useless for us. I know momma wants the big bath how disappointing to hear. I like the slide in a slide concept does it make that much more room in the bed room? I honestly am not stuck on one model I will get out when I am in country and check out the Redwoods more I have been a FR fan but I am getting more and more into the redwood the more I see them and talk to you folks on here.

we have a queen slid-in-slide in our 36RL and absolutely LOVE IT. We're interested in the 38RL with the Slid-in-slide. That extra slide makes a world of difference is space for the bedroom. It allows a nice dressing area as well as more walking space for 2 people. The extra slide is on it's own switch so you don't have to use it.
Old 01-16-2014, 03:06 PM   #16

I remember the brochure showing 41" between the foot of the bed and the dresser for the slide in slide
Old 01-17-2014, 05:44 PM   #17

Although we have a King in our FL, a slide in slide would be a great option to give more space at the bottom of the bed. With both slides extended we barely have room for the dog beds at the foot of the bed. Definitely no room at the sides of the bed.

Andy & Judi, Canine Companions Duke & Kona
2012 F350 Lariat CC SRW Airlift 5000 |2013 RW 36FL Winegard Trav'ler
Travel Blog: www.andyandjudi.com
Oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 06:38 PM   #18
lwg

I wish we would have ordered ours and gotten the slide-in-slide option as well. Not sure how much weight it adds but the additional space would've been nice. I'm 6'4" so any extra space I can get in an RV is a major plus. Wish the shower was a little bigger as well, oh well it's an RV what do I expect...
Old 01-17-2014, 08:37 PM   #19

One think I learned about RVs - within 6 months you are wishing you had all the features of the new ones.
Old 01-17-2014, 09:08 PM   #20

Take this with the grain of salt that we put a full king memory foam mattress in our 38gk that measures 81x76W (or so) and we have 12 inches on the sides @ the corners and 23 inches @ the foot of the bed....

so we turn sideways to get into the bedroom, but can both dress on the end and usually open the closet doors whenever we are in the bedroom...

Understand though,
the king size bed is more important to us that the walking around room !
the rest of the rv has more than enough room !
johnboytoo is offline   Reply With Quote