Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-10-2015, 04:37 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom ant View Post
Everything you see here is Lippert:

Falcon Integrated Technology - Redwood RV :: Full-Time Residential Fifth Wheels

You can add windows, and I believe all of the cabinet doors and entry door are now an LCI product.
I am still learning. Thanks.
2016 Silverado 3500 HD, High Country DRW diesel, 3.73 gear ratio, long bed, 25K Reese Elite removable hitch with 2013 Redwood 36RL with 17.5" H-rated tires and MOR/ryde heavy duty shackle links and bushings; 6.5 KW gen
RCAircraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 09:03 PM   #22

Are most brake parts, seals, bearings etc. interchangeable between Lippert and Dexter axles of the same rating?

Mark
Old 07-10-2015, 09:25 PM   #23

About the time I say yes, an exception will pop up. But, Yes.
The one major exception is Dexter makes a Nev R Lube axle that has sealed bearings in it. The spindle dimensions are different than anything else in the market.
If you are comparing a 7k 1/2" stud axle, yes everything is the same.
The 7k 9/16" stud electric brake uses a different outer bearing than the 7k 9/16" stud Disc brake. The 7k, 9/16" stud disc brake uses the 8k outer bearing.
I will put together a chart showing universal part#'s.

Ron & Margaret
2014 Ram 3500 DRW 6.7, Aisin, 4.10
"Pequod" 2015 Redwood 38GK
Titan Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 09:39 PM   #24

What special tools would I need to change the RW 7K breaks over to disk brakes and are Titian disk brakes the best? I am well equipped in the tool area however if there are many costly special tools it could be better for me take the RW to a trailer shop. Thanks.
2016 Silverado 3500 HD, High Country DRW diesel, 3.73 gear ratio, long bed, 25K Reese Elite removable hitch with 2013 Redwood 36RL with 17.5" H-rated tires and MOR/ryde heavy duty shackle links and bushings; 6.5 KW gen
Old 07-10-2015, 09:41 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan Guy View Post
About the time I say yes, an exception will pop up. But, Yes.
The one major exception is Dexter makes a Nev R Lube axle that has sealed bearings in it. The spindle dimensions are different than anything else in the market.
If you are comparing a 7k 1/2" stud axle, yes everything is the same.
The 7k 9/16" stud electric brake uses a different outer bearing than the 7k 9/16" stud Disc brake. The 7k, 9/16" stud disc brake uses the 8k outer bearing.
I will put together a chart showing universal part#'s.
Thanks, that would be good. I knew of the Nev R Lubes and they were different. I have the 7k non disk. I pumped 5 shots of grease, into each hub on the rear axle before we left FL in April. I will pull them off and look at them before fall. I want to see what the seals look like. I raised the axle and rotated the wheel when I did it.

Mark
Old 07-10-2015, 10:26 PM   #26

Bob, Nothing really special in tools. The only tool you might use once would be a fishing tool ($10) to pull the wire from the front compartment into the pin box area junction box.
Wire strippers and crimping tool ($20). Everything else would be in most tool boxes.

As far as "The Best" goes, there are no performance differences between Titan, Kodiak and Dexter Hub/Rotor assemblies. I stock and sell both Titan & Kodiak. I do not sell Dexter because they use a proprietary pad where Titan & Kodiak Pads can be picked up at any NAPA.

I do believe Titan is the best actuator. Titan uses a 5 piston pump that generates 70 cubic inches a minute vs, Carlisle & Dexter's 3 piston pump that generates 38-42 cubic inches a minute. This difference results in a .3 second response time on Titan vs. .9-1.1 sec on Carlisle and Dexter.

Ron & Margaret
2014 Ram 3500 DRW 6.7, Aisin, 4.10
"Pequod" 2015 Redwood 38GK
Titan Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 12:13 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan Guy View Post
Bob, Nothing really special in tools. The only tool you might use once would be a fishing tool ($10) to pull the wire from the front compartment into the pin box area junction box.
Wire strippers and crimping tool ($20). Everything else would be in most tool boxes.

As far as "The Best" goes, there are no performance differences between Titan, Kodiak and Dexter Hub/Rotor assemblies. I stock and sell both Titan & Kodiak. I do not sell Dexter because they use a proprietary pad where Titan & Kodiak Pads can be picked up at any NAPA.

I do believe Titan is the best actuator. Titan uses a 5 piston pump that generates 70 cubic inches a minute vs, Carlisle & Dexter's 3 piston pump that generates 38-42 cubic inches a minute. This difference results in a .3 second response time on Titan vs. .9-1.1 sec on Carlisle and Dexter.
That's great. I have the mentioned tools and wire puller/fish tape. I was leaning towards Titan so that's settled. Thank you for your insights.
Old 07-11-2015, 01:39 AM   #28

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
Rc.
I highly recommend Ron and Titan if you go to disc, s they are th best investment you will ever make. When u are going down a hill and the little Honda with a family of four cuts in front of you and you hit the brakes and nothing there it is the scariest feeling in the world. They do an exceptional job very professional and do high quality work. As far as I am concerned electric brakes should only be allowed on 1000 lb boats. These trailers we have with the weight they are need more than the cheap electric brakes they come with