Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-23-2013, 01:38 PM   #1

rw39mb

Mornin RW owners new to forum and this brand so far is tops on the list. What we (she) wants to see and feel is the 2014 rw39mb, does anyone have information specs,pic, etc ? We are still in the looki lew stage so we have time to make a decision. Thank you in advance for your input Bruce
cooldaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 02:18 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldaddy View Post
Mornin RW owners new to forum and this brand so far is tops on the list. What we (she) wants to see and feel is the 2014 rw39mb, does anyone have information specs,pic, etc ? We are still in the looki lew stage so we have time to make a decision. Thank you in advance for your input Bruce
Morning Bruce and welcome to the forum. The 39MB is a brand new model only introduced last month and I don't believe anyone has seen one live. The RW facebook page on the main website just posted that it will be on display at the Tampa Show next month.

Andy & Judi, Canine Companions Duke & Kona
2012 F350 Lariat CC SRW Airlift 5000 |2013 RW 36FL Winegard Trav'ler
Travel Blog: www.andyandjudi.com
Oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 02:50 PM   #3

Bruce Welcome, and just a word of caution, RWs do run heavy. Our 36RL runs approx 4K pin, so you really need a good heavy duty TV. There are several members on here who traded almost new SRW TVs for Duallys.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 07:27 PM   #4
Site Team

Welcome to the group Bruce! The 39mb has my interest as well but so far I haven't seen one. I'm planing on a trip to the factory to pick up my RL next month and hopefully they'll have one there.
Old 12-23-2013, 09:05 PM   #5

this will be set up at our camp site 20 miles from our house so not concerned about weight. We are On the river @ Twin Lakes camp ground (chocowinity N.C. ) and keep our boat there, lots of people there will move it for me if I need to. We will never DRAG it around the country. Just ready to sell our condo and move into whatever we buy.
cooldaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 12:26 AM   #6

Roger that, we drag ours all over the place. Just shy of 20K now, but will go from Florida to Alaska, down the West Coast, do the major Western parks, end up at the big Balloon Fest and then back to Florida, that will put a few more miles on.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
Old 12-24-2013, 05:55 PM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhs4771 View Post
Roger that, we drag ours all over the place. Just shy of 20K now, but will go from Florida to Alaska, down the West Coast, do the major Western parks, end up at the big Balloon Fest and then back to Florida, that will put a few more miles on.

We do too! We have a beautiful home and a different yard each time we set up camp.
Old 02-27-2014, 03:09 AM   #8

Any updates on the 39MB?

My wife I just bought a 2015 model 39 MB. Expect to take delivery around March 12. Can't wait. Beautiful RV with all the fixins!
2015 Redwood RV (39MB)
GCAKIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 03:30 AM   #9

Congratulations, enjoy your new coach when it arrives

Andy & Judi, Canine Companions Duke & Kona
2012 F350 Lariat CC SRW Airlift 5000 |2013 RW 36FL Winegard Trav'ler
Travel Blog: www.andyandjudi.com
Oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 01:25 AM   #10

I saw two today at Lazy Days in Tampa. It is an interesting floor plan if you need/want a front half bath.

The negatives are a significantly downsized kitchen pantry due to the space taken by the half bath. We went there thinking it would be a great plan, but decided we like the 38GK much better. It has a huge 2nd pantry and a number of items we like.

The residential refrigerator is available in both floor plans, but the island is significantly smaller to make room for the front of the refrigerator.

Obviously...to each his or her own...that's why they make multiple plans.
jpdunc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 10:20 PM   #11

I know this is an old thread, but has anyone seen an MB with the optional Walk in Pantry in place of the half bath?? I thought a while back someone posted some pics, but haven't found any. We're toying with the idea of changing to an MB with the full Residential Appliance package. Presently corresponding with Redwood to get some real answers.

OBTW, if you knew Hilton Riggins, he's no longer with Redwood/Crossroads. We really liked him as he would give us a straight answer with no BS.
Old 12-05-2014, 10:28 PM   #12
Site Team

Michelle ~ Terry and Evada Cooper's new one has the pantry option. I know she posted pictures somewhere but I'm sure if you PM her she'll respond.

Was very impressive, we are considering also. Just not sure I want to as I've got all the mods and stuff done to mine ............
Old 12-05-2014, 10:48 PM   #13

Vaughan, I know what you're saying, but for near full timing, the residential appliances would be great, and with the bigger slide for the bed, almost gives the space of the slide in a slide. But we would have a couple of issues we'd have to work out with RW first.
Old 12-05-2014, 11:12 PM   #14
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhs4771 View Post
I know this is an old thread, but has anyone seen an MB with the optional Walk in Pantry in place of the half bath?? I thought a while back someone posted some pics, but haven't found any. We're toying with the idea of changing to an MB with the full Residential Appliance package. Presently corresponding with Redwood to get some real answers.

OBTW, if you knew Hilton Riggins, he's no longer with Redwood/Crossroads. We really liked him as he would give us a straight answer with no BS.

Jim Lazzarino called me last week and said that Hilton had left looking for a higher management level job. He'll certainly be missed......I hope his future is full of prosperity. I think he was the last of the original guys. I still stay in touch with a few of the old timers.
Old 12-05-2014, 11:19 PM   #15

I wonder if they are being drawn over to Heartland with Tom.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 11:30 PM   #16
Site Team

None of the guys I know ended up with Landmark but I think Tom is putting a pretty good product out. I have a lot of confidence in his abilities. If you go to their forum, you'll see Tom on there answering questions from the owners. In my opinion, it takes a GM with some big "stones" to do that.
Old 12-07-2014, 04:59 AM   #17

Hey everyone......yes, we did pick up our 39MB the first week of November. She is a beauty for sure. Here is the link for the pictures over on the photo page.
http://www.redwoodowners.com/forums/...php?albumid=63
These are the photos of when we first picked her up....now that we have been living in her for a month...I will take some new photos and post shortly.

We also heard about Hilton leaving Redwood. Oh...we are sad that he has left but also know he will be a wonderful asset where ever he lands.

Lady E Cooper
Lady DRV - 2017 DRV Fullhouse JX450 w/Executive Office Options
LadyEcooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 02:46 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdunc View Post
I saw two today at Lazy Days in Tampa. It is an interesting floor plan if you need/want a front half bath.

The negatives are a significantly downsized kitchen pantry due to the space taken by the half bath. We went there thinking it would be a great plan, but decided we like the 38GK much better. It has a huge 2nd pantry and a number of items we like.

The residential refrigerator is available in both floor plans, but the island is significantly smaller to make room for the front of the refrigerator.

Obviously...to each his or her own...that's why they make multiple plans.
Like you said, there are many floor plans for many needs. My wife and I fell in love with the 38GK. It is perfect for our needs.
2015 Polaris RZR 900
danrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 03:50 PM   #19

Found out some interesting facts recently while researching the 39MB.
The lights in the new RWs are not all LEDs, per RW "We use a mixture of LED and strategically placed incandescent lights to keep the glow from looking to industrial in the coach. Having some incandescent add a warm residential glow."
More from RW "Just checked with the engineer and he says 17,900 will be the GVWR with the 8,000 lbs axles and upgraded 17.5 tires".
Dual Pane windows are now a Mandatory Option along with the outside Tele.
Mor/ryde IS is not an option and not being considered at this time.
Asked about an upgrade of the Inverter to 2000 and again told NO.
And Steve Scialli is now the Regional Sales Manager for Florida - Redwood, Sequoia, Cypress.
Just thought I'd pass these tidbits on
Old 12-11-2014, 06:25 PM   #20

Thanks M&A

Are y'all in FL now? Planning to attend the Tampa show?