Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-12-2014, 04:08 AM   #21
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyEcooper View Post
Hey Dave&Genny,

Wow, that's great. It certainly is nice in this area. We've been in this location about 10 days for training. Now it's time for us to head on to Texas tomorrow. We start a brand new week of RV Maintenance on Monday morning near Kerrville in a campground there. The next 3 weeks at 3 different parks. www.rvtechcourse.com

Look forward to seeing you both at the RW Rally in August.

Lady E Cooper
That's a nice area down there and the folks are all nice. Drive careful and have a safe trip. We'll see you at the rally!
Old 03-14-2014, 10:51 PM   #22

We have been in out 38GK for almost 10 mos. We got one of the first 2014 off the line. That was wonderful at the time because we expected to get a 2013. But, so many things changed right after we had ours delivered. At the moment, we are just at home in Texas until I retire and so we have not purchased a tow vehicle yet. Our GK was delivered to our Park in June of 2013.

Love my kitchen with all my storage...2 very large pantries that are wonderful. I have the 2 sinks which I wish were one. We got the sofa bed not thinking that we wold ever use it and then my daughter came for a visit and she said it was very comfortable. I love having the 2nd sink in the bedroom. It is something I am used to and I don't like to share with DH. The shower is large and I love it, but cleaning the door (since the 3 pieces layer on top of each other) is a real pain. We requested the frosted doors, but we were told NO. The 38GK that Johnboy got had the frosted shower doors. I was not too happy about that!!! LOL...that's my luck. I have since put up a shower curtain on the inside of the shower door. This make for a clean glass door! Works great. It also should help keep some of the heat inside the shower when the summer rolls in. We also had a king bed for the last 30 years, but opted for the queen so we could have extra room in the bedroom. That was a good decision also.

Things that I wish I could change:

One sink in the kitchen - now standard
Larger TV in bedroom - now standard
All LED lights - now standard
Buffet table - now standard (I think this would give me room for a Christmas tree)
Additional outside storage - now standard
Frosted shower door - now an option
Better cooktop - perhaps induction
A REAL toilet....one can wish, right?

Does it sound like I need to upgrade? Not at all. Even though I would love all of these items, I am so happy with my GK and I am comfortable with things as they are for now.

I don't think anyone would make a mistake purchasing the GK.

Sharon & Wink
Old 03-16-2014, 10:41 PM   #23

We have a 2013 FB, what I wish I had...

LED lighting
Buffet table
Rear storage area

Wife would like to have the residential refrigerator too but doesn't like the idea of losing the additional drawers in the island
Old 03-17-2014, 01:12 AM   #24

Those of you still using Halogen bulbs, you nay want to consider upgrading to LED lights at M4.com or some other brand. We upgraded ours a month ago and are pleased with the results. The inverter no longer runs it's fans even with all the lights on in the unit. Also not more hot bulbs throwing heat up into the cabinets.
Old 03-17-2014, 01:15 AM   #25

I'm changing out the halogen lamps with LED's as they burn out. I too have found M4 to be very good quality and fairly priced.
Old 03-17-2014, 01:44 AM   #26

According to the Redwood rep, the 2015 38GK's will have a different residential refrigerator that will allow the full island with dish drawer and spice rack.

The down side, they indicate that there will be NO king bed option only the slide-in-slide queen option.

Debating the pros and cons of the queen only versus the 38 FL floor plan with the significantly reduced underneath storage.

Thoughts?

jpdunc
jpdunc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 04:05 AM   #27

We have a King in a 36L. Down side is we have very little room on either side of the bed. Having used a King for over 10 yrs, would we consider going back to a Queen - No. If we had a Queen by the time the dogs and cat were comfortable we wouldn't have any room for us.

Andy & Judi, Canine Companions Duke & Kona
2012 F350 Lariat CC SRW Airlift 5000 |2013 RW 36FL Winegard Trav'ler
Travel Blog: www.andyandjudi.com
Oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 01:51 AM   #28

Hilton told me at the Tampa show that a customer had RW special order a different residential fridge which was shallower that the standard one used and was hopeful that RW would make the change BUT stated that the one used was considerably more expensive that the standard one.
Regardless, it would be great if they could go back to the full island.

As to the queen vs king in the GK, that's how the original GK was equipped and why we decided NOT to order it and instead went with the 36FB. I too wouldn't want to go to a queen even though there is little room between the bed and the walls. Would get really crowded in a queen with the wide, me and the critters (cats).

I wonder if more folks will go to the 39MB because of the decision to eliminate the king in the GK?
Old 03-18-2014, 02:07 AM   #29

Our salesman at Lazy Days worked with the couple that ordered with no fridge to install their own and keep the large island. He said it was extremely close to get it installed.

Supposedly, they are going to use a different residential refrigerator in the 2015's that will allow the full island. That is a good thing.

He is also awaiting an answer from Hilton regarding a special order 2015 38GK with a king bed and no slide-in-slide. That will be at the deciding factor for us--not going back to a queen bed.

We also like the 38MB, but don't like the loss of cabinet/pantry space in the kitchen due to the half bath that we really don't need .

We are also looking at the 38FL and like it as well except for the significantly reduced outside storage.

So...we will await the king bed decision and go from there.

Thanks to all...

Jpdunc
jpdunc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 05:47 AM   #30

Love our king bed, but it does make it more challenging to make the bed. For some it may give you a good excuse not to make the bed :^)
Old 04-08-2014, 07:00 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdunc View Post
We went to Lazy Days in Tampa today to look at the relatively new 38MB, but we left more impressed by the 38GK with the awesome amount of kitchen pantry area--my wife tells me that's great so I listen.

The spec sheet indicates the new king slide-in-slide is standard in the 38GK, but if the one we saw had one, it was not extended.

From owners or those who have looked closely, what do you think are the pros and cons of this floor plan.

We have a 2013 36RE and want more overall room, a sliding shower door, and the recliners in the living area facing the TV. Ours is used as a quasi park model on a lot we own in St. Augustine so moving it around is not a big issue.

Comments?

Thanks in advance
We have the 36RL and was looking at the 38GK but have been looking at the new 39MB. It has 2 bathrooms and looks like a bathtub. I need to do more research as we are in the market to upgrade.
rdocsmith is offline   Reply With Quote