Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2015, 11:36 PM   #21
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwg View Post
Avoiding the political aspect as much as possible. However "cheating" is very legal in the corporation sense, many LLC's make their home states in those that are favorable from a tax perspective. In my opinion avoiding taxes within the letter of the law is perfectly legal and acceptable, too bad most people don't realize this. Many, many people have businesses for the sole purpose of avoiding taxes, not necessarily to make money.

I agree.....a loop hole in the law isn't cheating. Just as Shane Wood said...it's a shame that honest people and or businesses have to spend so much money on CPAs and lawyers just to avoid unnecessary taxes.
Old 02-14-2015, 11:54 PM   #22

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
Atom
as you know there are a lot of people living beyond their means in this country. The laws are the laws you either follow them or you don't. Our government with their taxation whether federal or state is causing normally honest people to think twice about something illegal to save themselves some money. If government ran the country as a business it would lower taxes and these things would be a non issue as most people could afford the extra pleasures in life that some of us can. (Even paying the high taxes)
If I remember correctly 1+ 1 still = 2
Old 02-15-2015, 12:01 AM   #23

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
Atom
I am curious if you could have been a accessory to the fact by storing that big motor home on your lot
Old 02-15-2015, 01:06 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane Wood View Post
Atom
as you know there are a lot of people living beyond their means in this country. The laws are the laws you either follow them or you don't. Our government with their taxation whether federal or state is causing normally honest people to think twice about something illegal to save themselves some money. If government ran the country as a business it would lower taxes and these things would be a non issue as most people could afford the extra pleasures in life that some of us can. (Even paying the high taxes)
If I remember correctly 1+ 1 still = 2
Na that is pure bull. You have it backwards. Don't blame the government on people succombing to the temptation of illegal activity - blame the people with no concious that participate in the illegal activity for the high taxes. CO had to spend my tax dollars to recover $12M in tax revenue that belonged to us to begin with, if those people would have obeyed the law.

A crook is a crook because they chose to, not because they are forced to. None of these people were hurting financially, it just becomes a challenge to them to play games with the law and look for loopholes, not a necessitiy. They sit around and brag about it to each other, which is exactly what put many of them in front of the judge.

I have no sympathy for those that seek the dark side of intent for their own gain.
Old 02-15-2015, 01:20 AM   #25

I agree with u totally I would never take that chance and also I was brought up with morals whether I like them or not. This is about breaking the law, but is also about our communist government driving people to misrepresent themselves for gain while our elected representitives reap the rewards of our efforts
Old 02-15-2015, 02:00 AM   #26

I don't really see it that way, maybe it was better for you as a Canuk! Roads north are still open.
Old 02-15-2015, 02:17 AM   #27

Really is that all you got
Old 02-15-2015, 02:38 AM   #28

Now boys, step back & have one of legal Colorado reefers & mellow a bit!
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
Old 02-15-2015, 03:49 AM   #29
Site Team

Lets close this thread before the Hatfields and McCoys start shooting at each other