Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-28-2017, 12:01 AM   #1

Angry Redwood no !

Our 2017 redwood is junk. Every trip a new problem. Our dealer is not equipped to fix all that is wrong. Nor do they know how. Lemon laws are needed for rvs in all states. They are producing junk. So disapointed. Keystone ****.
wekirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 03:55 AM   #2

Contact RW customer service, NOT your dealer, & have them return it to the factory service center, if those guys can't fix it it truly is junk. Most dealerships can't change light bulbs correctly without screwing up more stuff.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 01:46 PM   #3

Good luck on your repairs...
but just an fyi, Lemon Laws are not your only recourse...

Implied warranty:
"A promise, arising by operation of law, that something that is sold will be merchantable and fit for the purpose for which it is sold."

Here's some reading material for you .
johnboytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 03:15 PM   #4

Not sure what problems you are having with your RW but on most new RV's you will have some issues in the beginning. I am not saying this is right but it is not just a Keystone Problem it a industry wide issue. We have all had some issues that we worked through to get our Rigs where they are today. Wishing you the best of luck with your RW.
Old 08-28-2017, 04:51 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wekirby View Post
Our 2017 redwood is junk. Every trip a new problem. Our dealer is not equipped to fix all that is wrong. Nor do they know how. Lemon laws are needed for rvs in all states. They are producing junk. So disapointed. Keystone ****.
I would suggest listing your problems here and you will soon find out that most new RW owners experienced the same thing! I bought used and have lived in mine for 2.5 years with no problems other than self inflicted ones! Oh I had two problems but not major ones in my opinion. Work with them and get them fixed and you will love the unit.
B&W 3600 Hitch 25K/6.25k
2012 36RL, Disc Brakes, G614's, 7K axles, Combo WD, Awning Toppers
Full Time Since April 1 2015:)!
GA1817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 07:12 PM   #6

Dean...I like your suggestion that the OP list the problems. This way we can evaluate and make a meaningful recommendation. To suggest that we've all experienced his/her problems is to minimize what might, and I say might, be a more serious situation.
Oh...I forgot the five kids.
spindrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 09:57 PM   #7

Redwood no

Here is a list of new and old issues and repairs made to our new Redwood in the last 3 months.

Refrigerator outlet not wired to inverter corretly. 2 trips to dealer 2 new inverters. Never tested at plant or dealer.
Oven never connected to power. Never tested at plant or dealer.
Oven ignitor broken. Lipert shipped me a new oven directly and I replaced it myself. Never te
Sofa hideabed totally came apart. Back of sofa came completely free of sofa base. Dearer ordered new sofa still pending and temporarily fixed it so we could at least sit on it unail show's up.
Crown model in entire living are came free of all walls.
Bedroom door jam came entirely free from wall.
Bathroom pocket door came free from anchors.
Bedroom slide cable lose. Dealer adjusted and now the oposite end of slide is binding and is now missing paint.
TV and sound bar not connected.
Roof front and rear nose and tail seals cracked.
LED tail lights and reverse lights seals broken lamps full if moisture.
Dinning slide exterior severely scratched needs new paint and adjustment.
Dirt devil vac not secured or installed correctly. Sucked behind wall as it had only 2 screws holding.
Heat ducts completely coming apart due to lack of securing.
In line water filter installed on angel in space that no adult can even get to.
Black tank sprayer not installed correctly or broken, water running out of underbelly of trailer and just running in the tank, it is not spraying. The tank has never ran clear when rinsed.
Grey tank 2 no clue what it for as the pull feels disconnected.
Leaf spring straps are broken and hanging on springs.

The majority of these issues are due to the lack of testing and quality control it just isn't in place. We paid 85k for this 5th wheel and I would gladly take my 2008 Cameo back. We live in Michigan our season is limited and we are planning to retire mid 2018 and traveling. This is not a road worthy rv in my view. It's a park model basically. Set it up and never move it..
Old 08-28-2017, 10:30 PM   #8

As I read the list I get the sense that it had a really rough ride from the factory. I have read/heard that Redwood has transported the Redwood back to the factory for repairs. I believe I would be on the phone with the factory telling them I want a new one because you believe the one delivered is so bad it must have been in an accident or something.

The second time through reading your list, the more I think it really got slammed.
bergeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 11:11 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergeman View Post
As I read the list I get the sense that it had a really rough ride from the factory. I have read/heard that Redwood has transported the Redwood back to the factory for repairs. I believe I would be on the phone with the factory telling them I want a new one because you believe the one delivered is so bad it must have been in an accident or something.

The second time through reading your list, the more I think it really got slammed.

I agree... something does not sound right ... WE ALL have had our lists of stuff we should not have to fix, some much more than others. BUT your list takes the cake for sure... I would be that squeaky wheel looking for oil....
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 11:31 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford truck guy View Post
I agree... something does not sound right ... WE ALL have had our lists of stuff we should not have to fix, some much more than others. BUT your list takes the cake for sure... I would be that squeaky wheel looking for oil....
One of the things to check is to see if the frame is square. If the frame is not square that might be the proof that is needed.

Wekirby's list sounds like it can be explained away by an accident, shifting tanks, broken pipes. Maybe an accident report can be tracked down for the transport vehicle.

If this list is accurate, I think I would be looking at how to return or exchange it.
Old 08-28-2017, 11:39 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergeman View Post
One of the things to check is to see if the frame is square. If the frame is not square that might be the proof that is needed.

Wekirby's list sounds like it can be explained away by an accident, shifting tanks, broken pipes. Maybe an accident report can be tracked down for the transport vehicle.

If this list is accurate, I think I would be looking at how to return or exchange it.

At some point last year, there was a post on hear of a picture that had a transport p/u and Redwood both on their side... a large gust of wind got it.. I believe that trailer was returned to the mfg for new... I wonder if something like that happened here ?
Old 08-29-2017, 01:02 AM   #12

I called Keystone customer relations today. Since Keystone bought them out you have to go through a dealer. Thank you for your input! We appreciate it!
Old 08-29-2017, 01:07 AM   #13

We purchased it at Tradewinds RV in Clio, Michigan in February, 2017. Our first outing was the end of April 5 miles from our home.
Old 08-29-2017, 02:29 AM   #14

Quote:
At some point last year, there was a post on hear of a picture that had a transport p/u and Redwood both on their side... a large gust of wind got it.. I believe that trailer was returned to the mfg for new... I wonder if something like that happened here ?
I thought about the same picture.

For the last two years of reading posts and complaints on here, this is the first one where the person is probably not angry enough. The first one where a lawyer may be of some use. Maybe a lawyer could get the complete repair history of the RW from both Redwood and the distributer.
Old 08-29-2017, 03:21 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by wekirby View Post
I called Keystone customer relations today. Since Keystone bought them out you have to go through a dealer. Thank you for your input! We appreciate it!
Then tell them to find you a dealer that might actually be able to repair at least a couple items on your list or get it back the factory.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 01:47 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin' texans View Post
Contact RW customer service, NOT your dealer, & have them return it to the factory service center, if those guys can't fix it it truly is junk. Most dealerships can't change light bulbs correctly without screwing up more stuff.

Do you have the RW customer service number where someone will actually answer? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mcdanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 02:47 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdanik View Post
Do you have the RW customer service number where someone will actually answer? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CUSTOMER SERVICE
305 Hawpatch Drive
Topeka, IN 46571
Toll Free: 855-226-7496
Email: service@redwoodrv.com

I understand that RWs target is to have 90% of the calls to customer service answered by a live person. Don't get discouraged if you don't get through the first time...keep trying.

To the OP, I would ask for repairs to be authorized by a mobile tech. You'd have to pay up front and then receive reimbursement from RW/CR.
Oh...I forgot the five kids.
spindrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 05:58 PM   #18

Quote:
Do you mean this one???
Attached Images
File Type: jpg redwoodgonewrong.JPG (234.1 KB, 46 views)
Old 08-29-2017, 06:26 PM   #19

That's the one....

Probably NOT the same trailer, but what do they do if that happens? Scrap? Re-do? Fix and dump? Curious to know...
Old 08-29-2017, 08:14 PM   #20

Quote:
That's the one....

Probably NOT the same trailer, but what do they do if that happens? Scrap? Re-do? Fix and dump? Curious to know...
My thought was that the transporters insurance company bought that one...

All I know is I got a new one and upgraded one model year at the same time!