Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-09-2016, 02:45 AM   #21

Since DRV is now under the Thor / Heartland group, the Tradition is a direct competitor to the Landmark, guess it had to go !!!
17.5 Goodyear G114's, RV Armor Roof
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Curt Q24 Hitch

rob_fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 03:08 AM   #22

Seeing as someone mentioned the Luxe. It is a beautiful unit and what really caught my attention was you can order with triple axle. But it starts dry at around 18,000 - 19,000 plus. Most everything is standard equipment. I also feel a negative is no dealer network at all. I also agree we tend to bash the RW a lot here. Where anyone who owns a camper of any type has to agree you need to be able to do many repairs yourself and be persistent is keeping up with service items.
2015 38 GK
Cheryl & Wayne
ted 95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 06:53 AM   #23

Redwood vs DRV

If your comparing. I would strongly suggest you look at the Landmark 365. Also another new one I seen today at the Lafayette La. RV show was the Riverstone. Very impressive in the areas that count. 3 AC's. A power management system, and the compartment where all the hydraulics are accessible. One compartment for two propane bottles one compartment on the driver side that is high enough to stand up and service the two batteries. 8K axels, Disc brakes and 17.5 tires . Just to name a few things. I love our Redwood. Just wish I would have seen these before I made the decision to buy just last May.
mstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 04:22 PM   #24

IMHO, RW raised the bar on fulltime rvs 3-4 years ago, but now have tripped over that same bar & need to catch back up.
Our unit has been almost poblem free, but in reading some of these post where they've tripped is in the QC at the factory, there they've fell flat on their face.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 04:33 PM   #25

The guy that led the Landmark 365 push to compete against Redwood is the guy that made my Redwood. That's why I moniker it as a "Redwood Original".
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 10:05 PM   #26

Ted95, I totally agree with your post. I have been one to bash RW some. However, my problem is not really RW. It is the dealers service dept. I truthfully have not had any serious issues with mine. All of my issues have been warranty work that the dealer service dept. simply drag their feet on. Also, my dealer has dropped the RW line. So I do not have a dealer now. They claim they will still service it. But I am no longer trusting of them Having gone to the RV shows this year. I can truthfully say for the money I am still happy with my choice of the RW.
mstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 11:51 PM   #27
Site Team

Check with RW Customer Service ~ any Crossroads dealer can do the warranty service.
If no dealer is close to you, they will, a lot of times, authorize a mobile service
Old 04-17-2016, 05:05 PM   #28

To Riverbabe279,

I've been following this post for awhile and thought I might chime in. My wife and I were in the same predicament back in 2014. We are getting ready to retire and want to travel 6 or 7 months of the year. We sold our FR Wildcat which looked better the day we sold it than when we bought it. We did a lot of research on the Redwood, Lifestyle and DRV and narrowed down our list to the Lifestyle or Redwood. The DRV was priced a bit higher than we wanted to spend. We spent a long time in a new Redwood 38RL and told the salesman to leave us be for a while so we could get comfortable with it. After a few hours, yes hours we were ready to buy. We told the salesman we needed to work some numbers but would be back. On our way home we saw a DRV in another dealers parking lot so we decided to look at it. Did a walk thru and and that ahhhh moment hit us. We weren't going to pay the price listed but I told the wife I saw the same model on RV trader for a lot less. We got home and I did a little research. I saw the DRV and it was about 400 miles away. I called the owner and long story short, they bought it loaded and used it for one three night trip and decided they needed to be closer to there newest grandchild. I cut a deal and bought it. The plastic was still on most appliances.
I guess what I'm trying to say is, spend time in both and not just 10 or 30 minutes. Kick the salesman out, they will only tell you the good. Look for the bad. Slam the cabinets, sit on the furniture like you would if you owned it. Get in the shower and move around, don't just look and say, pretty.
We thought the Redwood was it for us but we just didn't look hard enough. We knew when we walked in the DRV it was what we wanted. As far as towing the beast, we own a 2015 3500DRW and it tows perfectly, up the Colorado mountain and across the plains. Hope this helps.....
Jetstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 02:29 AM   #29

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
Glad you are happy with your purchase. Does not matter what make. Bottom line we all have a love of the great outdoors and as long as what we purchase does not take away from Tha life is great
Old 04-18-2016, 02:31 AM   #30

Jetstream, have you been across the scales with that DRV?? We have a 3500 DRW and are pushing the limits with our 39MB and many of the DRVs are 2 to 4 thousand pounds heavier which would put us that much over specs on the TV.
Before we ordered our MB we looked at the similar floorplan by DRV and just weren't impressed with their use of internal storage space. Like everything there were pros and cons with both DRV and RW, but because of the weight issue we stayed with RW and since we have no plans of wintering in the North the thicker wall and insulation weren't a big deal for us.
But in the end, whatever makes you and yours happy is the right one for you.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote