Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-11-2015, 12:43 AM   #21

EXCELLENT EXCELLENT Tracy. 100% agree. Well said.

Living the Dream in our 2015 38RL: 1600 watts solar, 800 ah lithium, slide in slide, residential refer, washer/dryer, Moryde 8K, H rated tires, Kodiak disc brakes, Drainmaster system, SeeLevel II
Our big girl is dragged around by our 2019 RAM 3500 Limited DRW
Grateful Veterans, Proud Americans, Devoted Partners, Parents and Grandparents!
LOVE the Full Time RV Life @OurRomanyLife
RomanyLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 02:12 AM   #22
Site Team

I truely hope this is the turning point for Redwood. They have the base product that has proven to be desired. Now it's up to them........

Talk to any RVer and the answer is always the same......#1 avalabilty of parts #2 timely service #3 customers need to feel understood.
Old 08-11-2015, 02:14 AM   #23

Sorry, I can't watch an hour and 42 minutes tonight, but the part I did watch sounded like 'reasons why',,,

It seems like someone boiled it down that those that were reporting problems were not factual ?!?

Please review my post - I take exception to that comment - but I am prevented from saying anymore - I've always just tried to help.
johnboytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 02:27 AM   #24

I think you got left out in the cold on that too Tracy. I guess everyone needs to be their own advocate.

I kind of felt sucker punched to hear the 5 year warranty was a marketing ploy, and it was said with a laugh by management in front of us as if we were supposed to laugh too! Honest, that was an important selling feature to us when we looked in 2012. To my wife and I, the 2+5 represented confidence from the manufacturer in their product.

I told Andy the Redwood stood out like "magic" among the rest of the 5ers at the RV show. I really feel like a chump now -
I bought a Redwood - but it turned into a Crossroads by the time it was titled.

I bought what read as FALCON on brochure (still does by the way), when in reality it was LCI - the same LCI as every other 5er out there.

The 2+5 that was supposed to mean confidence - actually meant hahahahahaha you sucker..
I'm no dummy to persuasive propaganda, but they got me. Now two years transferrable means - who cares - transferring nothing equals nothing. Fool me once.... and so on. If it's a case by case, both inside and outside of warranty, then the warranty actually means nothing - its a judge and jury.

We are shopping for Good Sam extended warranty now, because as I understand, all we really have for the next 3 years is - nothing.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 05:53 AM   #25

I think Redwood's attorneys are cringing tonight to hear upper management call the five year warranty a "marketing ploy". Save this video! Unbelievable.

Bob, Mary & Kailee Ann
2014 38GK
2013 F-350 DW Diesel
03 Harley Classic & Idaho Tote
Caribe77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 11:53 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboytoo View Post
Sorry, I can't watch an hour and 42 minutes tonight, but the part I did watch sounded like 'reasons why',,,

It seems like someone boiled it down that those that were reporting problems were not factual ?!?

Please review my post - I take exception to that comment - but I am prevented from saying anymore - I've always just tried to help.
JB2 You have always been a huge help, I know you were to us. You are one of the first to welcome new owners, and always quick to help with a problem if you could. Unfortunately, my warranty claim by my service department on my shackle bushings being disintegrated after less than 1000 miles of towing has been denied. I am worried about what I am seeing. Warranty and customer satisfaction is what makes or breaks a company, but it is expensive, it takes skill to keep an RV company in the black and walk that fine margin. When you look over the last 6 months of postings here on RW, there has been an obvious change in the climate. It is not because we all suddenly decided to "hate on RW". I have been a RW cheerleader from day one. I am heartbroken. Even my service center was surprised they denied warranty on such a simple fix. When they inspected the shackles and saw the problem we asked about warranty and they were unconcerned because the trailer was new. So much for that.

Living the Dream in our 2015 38RL: 1600 watts solar, 800 ah lithium, slide in slide, residential refer, washer/dryer, Moryde 8K, H rated tires, Kodiak disc brakes, Drainmaster system, SeeLevel II
Old 08-12-2015, 12:20 AM   #27

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caribe77 View Post
I think Redwood's attorneys are cringing tonight to hear upper management call the five year warranty a "marketing ploy". Save this video! Unbelievable.
Bob
how do you like that bike trailer. I am still looking for something for mine
Old 08-12-2015, 01:41 AM   #28

All I'll say is this, HEY ANDY THERE IS A DETAILED POST ON HERE ABOUT MY ISSUE COMPLETE WITH A TIMELINE AND NAMES OF WHO I TALKED TO. BEFORE YOU CALL ME A LIAR YOU MIGHT WANT TO CHECK YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE LOGS YOU SAY EXIST, SPECIFICALLY MIKE ANTOL'S PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU FIND!
Here let me make it easy for you.
http://www.redwoodowners.com/forums/...sent-2894.html
My opinion is many of the words spoken in this video have the same value as the 5year warranty and the same admitted intent.
Andy, if you would like to talk PM me you contact info i'd love to chat!
Blue Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 01:45 AM   #29

Perhaps I heard wrong but....I heard that they are NOT taking anything away... 2+5... 1 woman even asked if they would get a refund for the 5 and Andy said they ARE HONERING THE ORIGINAL SALES AGREEMENTS.... If you purchased your Redwood with a 2+5 .. You have a 2+5... Now everyone just go camping !!!!!
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 01:48 AM   #30

Ah your still on your honeymoon! The rest of what he said was EVERYTHYING can be denied through loopholes on the 5 year, so it's pretty worthless!
Old 08-12-2015, 01:50 AM   #31

I can see what you are saying Ford Truck Guy, but you misunderstood. It wasn't that they were taking anything away, they said they stopped offering the 5 year warranty ***because it was full of loopholes to let them get out of paying and was just a marketing gimmick anyway*** Hopefully, you won't find out what can be denied because you "didn't inspect your brakes at 200 miles" or "over loaded your leaf springs" etc. And many of us aren't camping, this is our HOME (cannot remember if you are full time or not, sorry). Just trying to clarify :-)

Old 08-12-2015, 04:11 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford truck guy View Post
Perhaps I heard wrong but....I heard that they are NOT taking anything away... 2+5... 1 woman even asked if they would get a refund for the 5 and Andy said they ARE HONERING THE ORIGINAL SALES AGREEMENTS.... If you purchased your Redwood with a 2+5 .. You have a 2+5... Now everyone just go camping !!!!!
Joe,
Read Romanylife's post above. They aren't even honoring the standard 2 year warranty why would a guy think they would honor a 5 year warranty that was meant to be a marketing gimmick? Oh yeah I forgot "EVERYONE" on the forums is a liar. I sincerely hope he gives me his contact info, I can answer for him a couple of things he said he didn't understand.
Old 08-12-2015, 12:28 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Dogs View Post
Joe,
Read Romanylife's post above. They aren't even honoring the standard 2 year warranty why would a guy think they would honor a 5 year warranty that was meant to be a marketing gimmick? Oh yeah I forgot "EVERYONE" on the forums is a liar. I sincerely hope he gives me his contact info, I can answer for him a couple of things he said he didn't understand.
Thanks Yale ,
like stated earlier , I'm still on my honeymoon.. we will see.. I have learned to pass judgment only after first hand knowledge.. In MY mind all is good , that is until they prove to me its not...
BTW , how did you make out installing those Stable Loads ? Do you like them >?
Joe
Old 08-12-2015, 02:00 PM   #34

Joe,
I understand completely and that's how it should be. I guess my point is what he "said" and what they "do" are two different things. Hopefully you will never have the need to find out.
Haven't installed them, super sad about that but as you can see from the photo I'm not doing much crawling around under my truck ... I will use them though so we need to get together and workout what I owe you. Just wish I could give a report as how much improvement I get. I will sooner or later
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (237.8 KB, 1 views)
Old 08-12-2015, 02:05 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Dogs View Post
Joe,
I understand completely and that's how it should be. I guess my point is what he "said" and what they "do" are two different things. Hopefully you will never have the need to find out.
Haven't installed them, super sad about that but as you can see from the photo I'm not doing much crawling around under my truck ... I will use them though so we need to get together and workout what I owe you. Just wish I could give a report as how much improvement I get. I will sooner or later
Yale , I totally forgot you busted up your leg/foot . I was going to ask how your feeling , BUT I think I know .. and you owe me nothing for that kit... I am glad to give them to someone who can and will use them.. They were sitting on my shelf waiting for a home...
Joe
Old 08-12-2015, 02:11 PM   #36

Quote:
Yale , I totally forgot you busted up your leg/foot . I was going to ask how your feeling , BUT I think I know .. and you owe me nothing for that kit... I am glad to give them to someone who can and will use them.. They were sitting on my shelf waiting for a home...
Joe
Achilles Rupture ... Week 4 of about 16 ...
Oh man can't have that, I'll have to get you a little "goodie" package and send it you way.
Your generosity is greatly appreciated! Thank You Very Much.
Old 08-12-2015, 02:16 PM   #37

Yale ,
I am fortunate enough to be able to send them to you for nothing , please accept them with no goodie package needed...
Old 08-12-2015, 03:44 PM   #38

Quote:
Thanks Yale ,
like stated earlier , I'm still on my honeymoon.. we will see.. I have learned to pass judgment only after first hand knowledge.. In MY mind all is good , that is until they prove to me its not...
BTW , how did you make out installing those Stable Loads ? Do you like them >?
Joe
You're exactly where I was 2 years ago - and I hope you can stay on that high by having good luck. I like my coach, and can deal with the fixes, but I sure don't like the company right now.
Old 08-12-2015, 03:54 PM   #39

Update: NO CONTACT INFO FROM ANDY ....
Old 08-12-2015, 04:25 PM   #40
Site Team

Here's the real deal on the 5 year warranty......

Back when Redwood was being designed, Lipert was having a real issue with warranty issues on their frames. To show that Redwood was a different and improved product, the frames were warranted for a "full 5 years on frame".

Now there have been some frame flexing issues and the frames are getting longer.......so a weakness will start showing up........no more 5 year frame warranty.

Folks this is just smoke and mirrors. Just like when a problem is brought up, its always the same response .......we've never heard of that
Dave&Ginny is offline   Reply With Quote