Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-23-2013, 10:42 AM   #41

Things looking up today. Redwood hard at it getting everything right. Keys were located, they had changed the lock ,scary that my old key somehow you could wiggle it open on a different lock. The jacks won't touch cause the middle jacks are not as long as front and rear so that's OK will just have to use blocks.. Headed to a dealer to fix the carbon monoxide monitor and the vaccum, and not sure who tightened the propane valve so tight it broke but all on the way to being fixed.
pipeliner798 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 01:05 PM   #42

We always use leveling blocks on the front and of rear jacks. I try to keep them as short as possible to minimize as much movement in our coach as possible. Another thing to consider getting is a set of chocks or X-chocks between your tires if you don't have them already.
Adamsvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 03:32 PM   #43

Mine rocked so badly I had to purchase a set of SteadyFast braces. $230 and 3 hours to install. They worked well and stiffened it right up.
rayrussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 07:34 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboytoo
I really don't ....

It ASSUMES, we can't be truthful about our experience and must dictate what we should think and say....

hmmm, like some out of control gooberments

If redwood doesn't want negatives, then don't build IN negatives

I would normally agree with you 100%. Honestly, I don't think that anyone involved with this forum or even the other forum is going to fault, or black list anyone for saying something negative of having a bad experience with the Redwood company, dealer, or their coach that they have purchased.

I believe where the problem rises is when someone is repeating the same negative thing time, after time, after time. When someone else states an issue that same person comes out with a negative one liner. Again, time, after time, after time.

Other Redwood owners on the forum have offered to help these people that are upset with Redwood to get in touch with key people that would be able to help their situation.

Usually, someone that's upset with their coach will express their displeasure in a negative tone because they're upset. Most reasonable people will take some advise from the participants of the forum and try to get the negative problems resolved.

Unreasonable people will continue clammering and will not try to move forward to get things resolved. These are the people that the forum moderators are talking about.

An example: Read "Lillyputz" posts. He no longer owns a Redwood.
X2
2011 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn 6.7L TD, SRW, 4X4.

Oregonbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 09:36 AM   #45

We had issues with our coach, but all were fixable. The problem was not with Redwood, but with Explore USA here in Texas not willing/able/knowledgable enough to fix. We took it to the factory and in just 8 days had all issues resolved. The customer service we received in Indiana was outstanding and well worth the trip.
Old 11-04-2013, 07:37 AM   #46

Happy Camper... I too am having the same issues with one of their stores...

send them emails with a specific list of items to repair, bring it in, rinse and repeat

Will give them one more try, but going to the factory is out of the question for us as we both still work..

(guess that's a good thing we are not full timing, since the dealer has had it 40 or so days out of the 60 or so days we've been paying for it !)

johnboytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 07:59 AM   #47

Just food for thought: If you are not full-timing, work with the staff at Redwood and see if they will pick it up and take it to the factory for repairs (it has been done). You are already out of it, so sending it back to Indiana can't be much slower. Just let Redwood know all the details and lack of service assistance from Explore. Maybe they will get tired of fixing Explore's lack of customer service and do something with them.
Old 11-04-2013, 08:25 AM   #48

Thanks HC,
who/how would I contact about that ?

As I do with any large purchase I document everything via email/docs just in case I have to 'prove' something in the future....

(Had two problematic vehicles in my past that were lemon law returns thanks to my documentation )

johnboytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 03:27 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboytoo View Post
Happy Camper... I too am having the same issues with one of their stores...

send them emails with a specific list of items to repair, bring it in, rinse and repeat

Will give them one more try, but going to the factory is out of the question for us as we both still work..

(guess that's a good thing we are not full timing, since the dealer has had it 40 or so days out of the 60 or so days we've been paying for it !)
That's why I will never bring mine back to Primeux in Carrencro. Berry land is on the way back from Fairview. I just run it in.
Old 12-18-2013, 01:15 AM   #50

ExploreUSA had problems with them as well as Dean's RV Tulsa, I am told there is a very good Redwood dealer in Canton, Tx. Can't remember the name.

Ron & Margaret
2014 Ram 3500 DRW 6.7, Aisin, 4.10
"Pequod" 2015 Redwood 38GK
Titan Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 03:56 AM   #51

Explore USA - Canton
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote