Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-18-2017, 02:18 AM   #1

Newbie Considering RW 3401RL

We saw the RW 5th wheels at the Tampa show last month. Never heard of Redwood before but we were sure impressed with the 3401RL at the show. Not being familiar with the Redwood brand I am hesitant to make a purchase decision without doing some research and getting some feedback from current owners. There is a Facebook page dedicated to RW owners problems - gets pretty ugly. My concern isn't so much the problems - all manufacturers have them - but in some cases the dissatisfaction in RW not resolving the problems. I would be interested in hearing feedback from the current owners (good and bad) (PM me if you would rather).
KYCAMPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 02:41 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KYCAMPER View Post
We saw the RW 5th wheels at the Tampa show last month. Never heard of Redwood before but we were sure impressed with the 3401RL at the show. Not being familiar with the Redwood brand I am hesitant to make a purchase decision without doing some research and getting some feedback from current owners. There is a Facebook page dedicated to RW owners problems - gets pretty ugly. My concern isn't so much the problems - all manufacturers have them - but in some cases the dissatisfaction in RW not resolving the problems. I would be interested in hearing feedback from the current owners (good and bad) (PM me if you would rather).
I love my redwood. I have looked at all kinds of models. I still love my redwood. That should tell you something. Yes I have had problems with mine, they all have problems........ I would buy another for sure. How ever if I had to buy another tow vehicle to tow the heavy(Son Of a B ) I would buy a diesel pusher for about the same price. Over all... I love the quality of this unit and very pleased with it
Old 02-18-2017, 03:21 AM   #3

X2 what tomkidder said. We love our Redwood and have had near zero problems. Icemaker line is all. Would definitely buy another one. It's a heavy trailer but we have the F350 dually diesel and no problems at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paul & Tracy
2015 Redwood 38RL
2016 Ford F-350 6.7L CCLB KR DRW
1958 Rainbow TT (1958rainbow.blogspot.com)
1924 Ford Model T
Iceman1777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 03:33 AM   #4

Smile

We really love our RL we have had an few problems nothing we could not fix our self.I think they all have some issues.I think they are built fairly well.

Dale & Tracey
Dogs; Ringa & Callie
2015 38RL
2012 Dodge Limited
Dale & Tracey Fietz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 03:13 PM   #5

Our of all the trailers we have owned.. we love our Redwood the best. HANDS DOWN
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 04:04 PM   #6

If you have ever been a member of any other forum, you know they are used by many users to bash manufacturers when they have a problem. Some of those problems are caused by the owners themselves. You must take the comments with a grain of salt. If you are the slightest bit "Handy" you will be able to handle most of the minor issues that all RV's have.

We love our Redwood and the few issues we had at PDI, were handled very easily. I did speak to Redwood customer service a few times during the process and they were very helpful and professional.

I would not be afraid to buy another Redwood.
Old 02-18-2017, 05:02 PM   #7

Its a different Redwood today that when we owned ours. So many design changes and changes in management, its a different unit.

Our 2014 was our favorite 5th wheel of all - nice to look at and tons of nice features. I did get frustrated by how many folks got denied warranty, but for any issues we had we just did all the work ourselves to avoid leaving it outside at the Dealer for extended periods.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 08:14 PM   #8

I have had a number of problems with my Redwood, some Redwoods issue, some vendor / supplier issues.
Redwood has always stepped up and taken care of any and all issues quickly and to my satisfaction.
I have now been traveling (I move about every 2 weeks year round) and living in my Redwood for over 2 1/2 years now, I still like my Redwood "Home on Wheels" better than anything else I have seen.
I would certainty buy another Redwood product without hesitation.
17.5 Goodyear G114's, RV Armor Roof
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Curt Q24 Hitch

rob_fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 09:44 PM   #9

We are actually on our second RW, not because of any issues with the first, just upgrading to a floor plan more suited to us.
There's an old saying "You'll catch more flies with sugar than vinagar", I think some of the bad things you may have read were from folks who were their own worst enemy, instead of keeping a cool head, they go off ranting and raving about every missing or loose screw.
Some times it's the Dealer that's involved, every thing that doesn't go right it's RW's fault, while the Dealer may have never contacted RW. You just never know who to believe in this day and age.
Best of luck in your endevor no matter which way you end up going.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote