Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-15-2013, 06:31 PM   #1

Hello RW family members!
It is finally time that we are ready to place our order for our Redwood and I am putting someMSRP option'sout to the dealers to get pricing.

To start the process we called Andy at Redwood to get a MSRP sheet sent over so we could get started. Instead of him sendingit directly to us, hesent it to a local dealer and she sent it over to us. Unfortuantely, we did speak with this gal in the past and she just doesn't understand the Redwood product. We went to viewsome of her RW's that she had onher lot and after spending some time with her, let's just say her product knowledge was less than desirable. I know if she had the best price in the world we wouldn't order from her and the service center is not in a good location for entry/exit off expressway.

That said, it seems to me that RW is really starting to push the local dealers, which I am all for, however if they are not up to speed on things then we as the consumer should have other options.

Since we will winter in FL we are going to call or email Lazy Days for pricing. I did send an email and apparently the sales rep took the company name to heart as he hasn't emailed me back and that has been two days "Slacker". If anyone has dealt with a sales rep at LD - FLthat they were happy with, can you post their name?
Thanks for all of your advice over the last year during our search, you are a wonderful group!
Bo
Old 05-15-2013, 08:46 PM   #2

tony burgess 813 494 4350 great guy. we got a 13 rl from tony, DEAN
Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:58 PM   #3

Bo Dually

Welcome and good luck on the work ahead. It won't be easy but will be worth it. Love the avatar!
Old 05-15-2013, 09:15 PM   #4

Thanks homeguy for the warm welcome! We had a cartoonist draw one for our truck and one for the RV, thought I would attach it to show you!

Old 05-15-2013, 09:29 PM   #5

We dealt with Tony Burgess at LD FL, Very helpful and responsive. Knowledgeable about RW even late Winter/early Spring 2012 when I first contacted him. Quick to respond to phone calls & emails. If he didn't have the answer, He'd contact Hilton Riggins, the RW factory rep and get the info from him.I submitted a spec sheet to several dealerships both local (we were in VT then) and several others who had been spoken of well here, on the forum. Just let them keep underbidding one another. Were ready to buy from the VT dealer and Tony called to follow up. He asked where we were as faras prices, etc. When I told him, he came back with a price several thousand lower. We got our $125,000 2013 36rl for $69,000 plus a $500gift card to help cover the cost of our trip to FL to pick it up. Couldn't recommend him more highly! Service there has been terrific as well. If you're open to buying a 2013 "leftover" LD has several on the lot. Check out their website. Prices are as good as what I got on my special order one.The new ones are also Crown Club eeligible.Tell Tony you got his name from Marty & Suzanne Meaney and tell him "HI!" from us! Good luck! You'll love your new RW. We've had ours since October and have been full timing in it since Nov.
Old 05-15-2013, 09:33 PM   #6

SueMar, thanks so much for the detail! It seems that Tony is a popular guy at LD! I have sent a spec sheet off to him in hopes to get a good response! Thanks agan...Bo
Old 05-20-2013, 03:17 PM   #7

It would be great for Redwood to post and update order sheets on their website. I've seen two dealers change the MSRP prices on theirs. One dealer inflated the Redwood MSRP by over $20,000 including marking up freight by 300% from what another dealer in the same state showed.

There's lot of smoke and mirrors out there so it pays to shop around!

Old 05-20-2013, 06:46 PM   #8

What we were noticing when we were shopping for our rl is that all dealers seemed to list the msrp for the parks package and the residential living package. In the past, these were listed asoptions, but were required (now the website lists them as "standard". Some dealers deduct the msrp of the 2 from the final number, others did not --makes a huge difference in the bottom line!
Old 05-20-2013, 07:48 PM   #9

Make sure you talk to Tony and don't get deferred off to someone else. Tony called us and said he was out sick and his partner (gal) would take care of us. She did not do us any favors and was appalled when I said she was about $18,000 off from making a deal with us. She was in the $85K range on the 36RL.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote