Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-10-2014, 07:47 PM   #1

my final farewell

ok today was the day I dropped off my trailer at Explore USA in Seguin Texas for a transporter to pick it up from their and take it back to Indiana for repairs. I don't know if any one and heard of this or seen this before but when I opened the door to make my final walk to make sure I didn't leave anything behind. I noticed my booklet of problems I taped to the island for the techs but I noticed another letter from my wife as well. I read it and broke into tears. I didn't know if I should of left it their or not but I took it off instead. It was a letter from my trailer to its maker and I felt it might of not been appropriate for them to read but I will paste it here instead. she must of stayed up late last night making this because I remember when she came to bed she had a tear in her eye. what do you think? did I do wrong by not leaving it?

A letter to my maker.
I am back again because I must of done something wrong to make my owners hate me.I remember the day they first walked around me and held each other as if they have found a hidden gem in a maze of many other trailers like myself.I remember the moment they opened up my door and they noticed I wasn't perfect because I didn't have everything they were hoping for, but I noticed they had a sparkle in their eyes because they ended up sitting across from each at my dining table and smiled as if they knew I was built for them and I remember them saying to my salesmen how much this could really work them but things need to be added to it to make me look much prettier.I remember them coming back 5 more times and debating on another trailer that had everything going for it.but for some reason they smiled and I saw the salesman come in a while later and record some numbers off of me.Before I knew it they pulled me away and techs started to upgrade me with items they wanted on me and I loved it.After several months I had several problems I could not hold back from them and I started to turn into a beast instead of their beauty.I know I'm not perfect and they realized that but even tears from them couldn't explain how bad I feel that now I am back here in front of you and I can't speak to tell you were I am hurting the most.I do hope you can repair me to be brand new again as I can't look at these band aids that I have been given from my previous techs.I do miss my owners so much and I do hope when I do come back to them I can see that sparkle I miss so much the first day they stood in front of me holding each other.
The Ugly Beast
David and Beth with our sidekick red heeler Queso the "big cheese". 2016 38GK with double unagaurd awnings with led lights and trailair air tri-glide pin box 8K axles with Linc System. 2012 Ram 3500 4x4 crew cab Laramie LWB Edge Juice with attitude with B&W 20k companion hitch.
DLRAKOWITZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 08:21 PM   #2

right or wrong is only in the eyes of you and your wife. I understand why she had a tear in her eye last night. I do hope that they turn your beast back into your beauty!
Old 09-10-2014, 10:10 PM   #3

Personally I'd make sure this letter made it to the manager at Redwood with the explanation you gave before posting the letter.
Also I'd make plans to inspect the trailer at the repair facility before it was shipped back. Maybe they (redwood) would spring for the trip.
Someone high up at redwood needs to read this so they can see what the poor QC is doing to its customer.
I totally can relate and have felt some of the same frustrations as your wife.our trailer will go back to the dealer for the last try on September 26th to get issues fixed. If they don't get done this time I will be talking directly to Redwood to see what else can be done. I blame a lot on the dealers. They sell RV's in the $100,000 range then don't take any time to properly service it. It's all hurry up then try and convince you it's ok.
All the best to you and your wife and I hope it all corrected to your satisfaction and you have many happy days in your new home.
Blue Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 10:21 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Dogs View Post
Personally I'd make sure this letter made it to the manager at Redwood with the explanation you gave before posting the letter.
Also I'd make plans to inspect the trailer at the repair facility before it was shipped back. Maybe they (redwood) would spring for the trip.
Someone high up at redwood needs to read this so they can see what the poor QC is doing to its customer.
I totally can relate and have felt some of the same frustrations as your wife.our trailer will go back to the dealer for the last try on September 26th to get issues fixed. If they don't get done this time I will be talking directly to Redwood to see what else can be done. I blame a lot on the dealers. They sell RV's in the $100,000 range then don't take any time to properly service it. It's all hurry up then try and convince you it's ok.
All the best to you and your wife and I hope it all corrected to your satisfaction and you have many happy days in your new home.
Thanks Yale and Tammy
I just wish I kept it in the trailer now. My wife hasn't said much since everything has been going on with this trailer and I felt every bit of it when we finally got it back from the dealer 5 months in the making and finally being able to take it on our trip for a month. And yes 90 percent of what was to be fixed by them wasn't and when Jim lazzorino got wind he wanted to have it taken to them immediately but I insisted on us finishing out trip first. I just don't know who to send this to if I do send it. Jim l or Michael antel who is setting all this up currently I just figured 26 pages with photos had to be enough to get their attention
David and Beth with our sidekick red heeler Queso the "big cheese". 2016 38GK with double unagaurd awnings with led lights and trailair air tri-glide pin box 8K axles with Linc System. 2012 Ram 3500 4x4 crew cab Laramie LWB Edge Juice with attitude with B&W 20k companion hitch.
DLRAKOWITZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 11:16 PM   #5
Traveling

Yale, we are in for service right now at B. YOUNG. Full report will follow of course. So far so good :-)
TNTBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 11:48 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLRAKOWITZ View Post
Thanks Yale and Tammy
I just wish I kept it in the trailer now. My wife hasn't said much since everything has been going on with this trailer and I felt every bit of it when we finally got it back from the dealer 5 months in the making and finally being able to take it on our trip for a month. And yes 90 percent of what was to be fixed by them wasn't and when Jim lazzorino got wind he wanted to have it taken to them immediately but I insisted on us finishing out trip first. I just don't know who to send this to if I do send it. Jim l or Michael antel who is setting all this up currently I just figured 26 pages with photos had to be enough to get their attention
I would definitely get it to Jim L with an explanation from you as to how this letter came about. Good luck with your new rig when you get her back!
Rick and Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 12:27 AM   #7
Traveling

David and Beth I have a really good feeling about this. I hope this turns out to be a particularly great example of Redwood walking the talk! GOOD LUCK!!
TNTBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 01:05 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTBaker View Post
Yale, we are in for service right now at B. YOUNG. Full report will follow of course. So far so good :-)
Make sure you inspect the work. I thought the same as you then when I get there nothing is done like they said it was over the phone. I have twice made trips to pick up my trailer only to leave it. For instance, there was a bad seal around the small slide in slide, you would think replace ..... Nope use black calking and plug the hole .... I don't think so! No heat to the back register ... Them that's all the air you will get out of it this far away from the furnace, me I'm not going to accept this I will freeze in the winter .... Them, there is nothing we can do now we had the entire bottom off and can't see anything wrong. We will try again when you bring it back ..... I take it home pull down the wall and find a torn duct and one that fell off! Think they got some of their quality control training at the Redwood factory ..... Told Ryan, he will be there when I pick up and I will go over each item, if one is not corrected we will be calling Redwood right then and there. ..... Hope all goes well for you. I think this is more of a normal than a rarity in the Rv industry. If they don't get it fixed this time I will be standing on Bruce Young's Desk!
Blue Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 02:38 AM   #9
Site Team

I agree. With Rick, after meeting Jim L at the Rally, I would send him the exact post that you started with.
I'll be really surprised if everything doesn't work out really well as others have said, if at all possible, pick her up yourself. Randy and his crew will go over every item with you. I would stay in Shipshewana for a few days checking her and then head for home.