Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-12-2013, 08:46 AM   #1

We went to the RV show in Mercedes Tx. yesterday and were pleasantly surprised to find two Redwoods there. A dealer from Corpus had a GK with the new paint and a FL with standard paint. Both were priced in th 90's which seemed like good prices. There was a lady sitting in the GK who was letting everyone know that her husband was outside making a deal on the trailer and " He better git er done cause this is the one I want". So there maybe a new Redwood owner here in the valley this morning. I wouldn't want to be in his shoes if he didn't make it happen!
2013 Redwood 36RL Full paint D/W W/D 2 A/C's and all the other stuff.
jrgkfg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:50 AM   #2

My advice is continue to shop around for a better price. Unless prices have escalated exponentially, you should be able to pick one up for the low to mid 70's depending on the model. Add the generator and washer/dryer options and you should still be in the low 80's. Add another 10 to 11K for the full paint option. Some people have done even better than that depending on how hungry the dealer is.
Adamsvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:33 AM   #3

You should definitely shop around. We got our '13 36rl with w/d, dw, cent vac, generator, fireplace, oven + convection microwave, 3 fans + ceiling fan, ottoman, larger tires & wheels, disc brakes, 4 door frige w/ icemaker, air hitch, and I can't remember what else (just about everything available except paint) which listed around $125,000 for just under $70,000! It wasn't on the lot, it was a special order.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:39 AM   #4

Those are amazing deals. I found our 2012 RW34SK (no longer in production) at Lazydays Tucson in October. They also made a great deal including $$$ for my trade-in.
Old 01-12-2013, 11:30 AM   #5
par

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueMar
You should definitely shop around. We got our '13 36rl with w/d, dw, cent vac, generator, fireplace, oven + convection microwave, 3 fans + ceiling fan, ottoman, larger tires & wheels, disc brakes, 4 door frige w/ icemaker, air hitch, and I can't remember what else (just about everything available except paint) which listed around $125,000 for just under $70,000! It wasn't on the lot, it was a special order.
SueMar - I am on the market for an FL, with a leading in like that can you let us know whereyou made that purchase? Thanks!
par is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:36 PM   #6

Folks, it wasn't me, we have a 2013 RL that we won't give up for anything. This lady had plunked down in the GK and I got the impression she wasn't leaving until it was hers. The husband was outside with the salesman working the deal, didn't try to eavesdrop so don't know what happened but I hope for his sake he got it done.
2013 Redwood 36RL Full paint D/W W/D 2 A/C's and all the other stuff.
jrgkfg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:46 PM   #7

To Sue-Mar:
Would you be open to sharing which dealer you were working with for the excellent deal you got? Thanks,
Pigdoc

pigdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 03:26 PM   #8

Lazydays in Tampa. Tony Burgess was the salesman we worked with (over several months before we actually decided we were going go buy and that we were going to buy a RW). He always responded to phone calls or emails with questions. If he didn't know the answer, he still replied, telling us that he would get back to us as soon as he heard back from the factory rep. I don't think we ever waited more than 48 hours for an anaswer -- even if it had to go through thr rep. At the time we bought we were living in VT, so in addition to a better price than other dealers, they also had to make the price one we'd drive that distance for. They also threw in a $500 card for us to use to pay some ofthe expenses we incurred to travel that far to pick it up. Despite the low price, we were treated like royalty there. Going back there for some warranty work next week. Hopefully we'll be treated equally as well! Brian sugested that we use Tradewinds in Ocala for the warranty work (I'm not sure why, Tampa wasn't that much further). It took them 6 weeks to get a pantry door Brian said was in stock and could be there in 5 days. Then, when we got to Ocala, they kept changing our appointment date until we finally had to leave the area because we had reservations at a campground on the Gulf and didn't want to lose any of our deposit. Will keep you posted.
Old 01-12-2013, 03:42 PM   #9
par

I would like to open up communications with Tony, would it be possible to get his email adress.

Thanks
Old 01-12-2013, 04:07 PM   #10
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueMar

Lazydays in Tampa. Tony Burgess was the salesman we worked with (over several months before we actually decided we were going go buy and that we were going to buy a RW). He always responded to phone calls or emails with questions. If he didn't know the answer, he still replied, telling us that he would get back to us as soon as he heard back from the factory rep. I don't think we ever waited more than 48 hours for an anaswer -- even if it had to go through thr rep. At the time we bought we were living in VT, so in addition to a better price than other dealers, they also had to make the price one we'd drive that distance for. They also threw in a $500 card for us to use to pay some ofthe expenses we incurred to travel that far to pick it up. Despite the low price, we were treated like royalty there. Going back there for some warranty work next week. Hopefully we'll be treated equally as well! Brian sugested that we use Tradewinds in Ocala for the warranty work (I'm not sure why, Tampa wasn't that much further). It took them 6 weeks to get a pantry door Brian said was in stock and could be there in 5 days. Then, when we got to Ocala, they kept changing our appointment date until we finally had to leave the area because we had reservations at a campground on the Gulf and didn't want to lose any of our deposit. Will keep you posted.
Thanks SueMar

I'll be calling him over the next few weeks to see what he'll do for a trade on a "BR". If it workout I'll buy a BR from him. I'll let him know where I got his name from just in case he wants to send something to you.

Old 01-12-2013, 05:13 PM   #11

Here's Tony's info:

Tony Burgess813.246.4999 x</span> </span>4427</span>813.494.4350 cell</span>813.246.4408 fax
aburgess@lazydays.com
-- Suzanne Meaney</span>
Old 01-12-2013, 07:03 PM   #12
par

Thank you Sue... I will email him and mention your name!
Old 01-12-2013, 08:23 PM   #13

Send a message via Yahoo to RollsRoyce

par

Also check out David Leflore with Explore USA in Canton, Texas 903-865-1130 and you can useour name too Royce / Rachel....Our deal was almost identical to SueMar stanley1446@sbcglobal.net
Edited by: RollsRoyce
RW36FB
RollsRoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:39 PM   #14

Send a message via Yahoo to RollsRoyce

Ours also included Texas TT &amp; L and David is great to work with and has called checking on us several times.
RW36FB
RollsRoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:16 PM   #15
par

Rolls Royce - I just clicked 'Thanks'... not too sure what that does, but just in case, thank you! Edited by: par
Old 01-13-2013, 07:55 AM   #16

We also agree. You need to call &amp;check out David Leflore with Explore USA in Canton, Texas 903-865-1130 and you can use our name too, Russ / Linda....I believe our deal wasa littlt better then SueMar. Good Luck.
Russ & Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:22 AM   #17
par

Thank you all for your feedback. I am buying a 2014 FLthis year soI expect to start this process soon. Your assistance with contacts is appreciated. You all have a great day!
Old 01-15-2013, 04:35 PM   #18
par

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ &amp; Linda
We also agree. You need to call &amp;check out David Leflore with Explore USA in Canton, Texas 903-865-1130 and you can use our name too, Russ / Linda....I believe our deal wasa littlt better then SueMar. Good Luck.
Russ,Linda - would you by any chance have David's email adress... thanks!
Old 01-15-2013, 05:40 PM   #19

David Leflore E-Mail address is : dleflore@exploreusa.com
Russ & Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:21 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by par
Thank you all for your feedback. I am buying a 2014 FLthis year soI expect to start this process soon. Your assistance with contacts is appreciated. You all have a great day!

PAR - we just purchased a 2013 36FL from Fraserway, fully loaded and with paint. The price was exceptional. Might want to check them out as they have RW's in stock in Vancouver and Halifax. They also have a dealership close to Toronto.

The chap we dealt with is Ryan - ryantrudgian@gmail.com

Andy & Judi, Canine Companions Duke & Kona
2012 F350 Lariat CC SRW Airlift 5000 |2013 RW 36FL Winegard Trav'ler
Travel Blog: www.andyandjudi.com
Oriana is offline   Reply With Quote