Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-03-2015, 11:29 PM   #41

Congrats, You will enjoy your new RW
Old 06-04-2015, 02:44 AM   #42

I'm not familiar with the 36RL but I purchased the 36RE in November 2014 and like it. I am a part timer right now but hope to do more site seeing of the country soon. It pulls real streight and no swaying back and fourth but the swaying has a lot to do with a GOOD 2010, Dodge RAM, BIGHORN 6Ft bed, 3500 DRW, automatic with a 6.7 CUMMINS with the EDGE Juice Plus computer enhancer that does a good job with the 36RE. I also have the 20K CURT slider 5th wheel hitch.
Be WARNED and stay away from America Choice RV Sales that is located in Ocala Florida and I think another lot in Zepherhills, Florida. They are REDWOOD DEALER IN THAT AREA. We nearly had to get a lawyer before we got everything settled with the company, BAD PEOPLE TO DEAL WITH.
a20345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 03:23 PM   #43

Congratulations! I remember that was like the longest 3 months of our lives! It was like when we were waiting for our first child to be born!! LOL! It was SO worth it too. LOVE our RW!

Living the Dream in our 2015 38RL: 1600 watts solar, 800 ah lithium, slide in slide, residential refer, washer/dryer, Moryde 8K, H rated tires, Kodiak disc brakes, Drainmaster system, SeeLevel II
Our big girl is dragged around by our 2019 RAM 3500 Limited DRW
Grateful Veterans, Proud Americans, Devoted Partners, Parents and Grandparents!
LOVE the Full Time RV Life @OurRomanyLife
RomanyLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 03:33 PM   #44

After visiting five dealers from Florida to South Dakota we ended up with Spaders RV in Sioux Falls. After one year with some small warranty stuff etc. We still love the dealer.

No problem dealer - they just fix. Even when we are far away they order and ship it to us. Had to change a recliner and the large awning so we had to drive to them but again, just fun to see them and they do so much more than just what you ask them for. Owner still works in the company and you really feel that they love what they do. Went up there two days ago and still saw the same faces as over a year ago.
BasilFawlty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 04:49 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogey3025 View Post
it's official...we ordered our 36RL yesterday. Very excited. Looking forward to many journeys... We ordered it with the 8000 lb axels, and with the disk brakes. We also got the camera. There wasn't to much that we didn't check. I had an opportunity to talk with someone today at Redwood, and I believe they will stand behind their product.
Let the waiting begin!
We at Redwood are SO excited for this!!! We also want to thank EVERYONE for their honest and overall very encouraging input. How exciting to welcome another member to the Redwood family! Whoo hoo!
Don't hesitate to contact us if you need anything :-)
ChristianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 11:57 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianM View Post
We at Redwood are SO excited for this!!! We also want to thank EVERYONE for their honest and overall very encouraging input. How exciting to welcome another member to the Redwood family! Whoo hoo!
Don't hesitate to contact us if you need anything :-)
You guys need to let everyone know about your Crossroads Blog

2014 38GK, disc brakes, MorRyde SRE 4000, 2-Yamaha 2000 gennys, G14's, dual awnings, Progressive EMS.
2014 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW with Luverne Bull Bar and skid plate.
coloradolivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 01:46 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradolivin View Post
You guys need to let everyone know about your Crossroads Blog
OH! You are so right. We will post an announcement shortly!! Thank you!
ChristianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 11:03 PM   #48

Redwood Dependability

Our 2013 RL has been troubles free. Having said that I am a maintenance nut. I do most myself and, when the big guns are required I depend on our Redwood dealer. Slide racks/seals and leveling rod maintenance is important as the parts are exposed to the weather. This is my fourth RV and, like the others has been very reliable considering where these rigs have to perform. Many other RV brands use the same parts as the Redwood. You should be fine with a Redwood. If buying used, hopefully the owner is also a maintenance nut!! We tow with a 2012 Ford 350 Lariat, 6.7L diesel with a Reese Elite 18K slider and removable hitch. The RV is equipped with the TrailAir air loaded hitch.
2016 Silverado 3500 HD, High Country DRW diesel, 3.73 gear ratio, long bed, 25K Reese Elite removable hitch with 2013 Redwood 36RL with 17.5" H-rated tires and MOR/ryde heavy duty shackle links and bushings; 6.5 KW gen
RCAircraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 02:04 PM   #49

How did everything work out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLRAKOWITZ View Post
I have it on mine but haven't looked at it yet. Waiting till Friday to take delivery. Will let you know then
How does the camera work for you? We did order the camera. Just curious how it works. Thank you.
Bogey3025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 02:14 PM   #50

It Works good for us but you have to turn on your headlights for it to turn on. they use Furion brand on ours. It did come on and off on ours in the beginning but once we adjusted the antenna everything cleared up.
David and Beth with our sidekick red heeler Queso the "big cheese". 2016 38GK with double unagaurd awnings with led lights and trailair air tri-glide pin box 8K axles with Linc System. 2012 Ram 3500 4x4 crew cab Laramie LWB Edge Juice with attitude with B&W 20k companion hitch.
DLRAKOWITZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 09:54 PM   #51

I thought that I would add one "bug" that I forgot about that I had with our 36RL, again not a Redwood problem but a supplier one.

The toilet Redwood installed was poor quality, on ours the peddle fell off after about a year in service (about 6 months of full time daily operation). Others have reported similar problems related to the peddle (the toilet running and over flowing causing a soak of the basement and other areas). Some folks have installed shutoffs ( I helped my neighbour in California install a shutoff after his toilet flloded his Redwood) or water sensors to detect water on the floor. Looking at the design, I decided to chuck the toilet and buy and install another make, much better quality. It was frustrating for a while having to turn off and on the two levers that the peddle normally operates while we got a replacement toilet!

And no, I didn't go after Redwood, I bit the bullet for the cost of the replacement (I installed it myself, it was "plug and play").
Old 06-10-2015, 10:05 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by almcc View Post
The toilet Redwood installed was poor quality, on ours the peddle fell off after about a year in service (about 6 months of full time daily operation). Looking at the design, I decided to chuck the toilet and buy and install another make, much better quality.
(I installed it myself, it was "plug and play").
Mind telling what toilet you replaced the original one with.

Have been considering doing the same with ours.
17.5 Goodyear G114's, RV Armor Roof
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Curt Q24 Hitch

rob_fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 10:20 PM   #53

That's good to know, what comes in the Redwood and what did you replace it with? We currently have a Cedar Creek and have never had an issue.
Thank you for your continued feedback.
Old 06-10-2015, 11:06 PM   #54

We had the Thedford Aqua Magic Style II, side peddle installed by Redwood. I replaced it with a Dometic 320.

The Dometic is a bit longer than the Thedford so the back is closer to the wall, but not close enough that the seat causes a "guillotine" action (important for us males!), it still leans against the wall.

I got the installation manual (PDF file) off the Dometic website and measured before I purchased, you may want to do the same depending on your configuration and how close the assembly folks drilled the sewer flange hole to the back wall.

A bonus with the Dometic, the water valve is replaceable and can be bought as a spare.

Let me know if you folks need further info.

I can't get to the RV right now, we are under a tornado watch and the Dometic documentation is in there.
Old 06-11-2015, 12:07 AM   #55

Thank you!! Be safe!!
Old 06-11-2015, 12:35 AM   #56
Site Team

Our 2012 36RL (built in Sept 2011) came with a Dometic 310 toilet. So far it has held up well.

hoosierguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 12:58 AM   #57

Kind of weird, after 2013 - Redwood went anti-Dometic. I don't have a single Dometic item on my 2014. I often wonder what transpired.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 03:31 PM   #58

We had a dometic also and went with another dometic, but elongated and taller. I think it was a 320 also. Very simple changeout and love the elongated bowl.