Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-24-2018, 01:24 PM   #1

Looking at 36rl

I am looking to purchase a used 2014 36rl and was wondering if there is anything in particular I should be concerned with with this year and model.
sherman87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 04:54 PM   #2

https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/201...-renew-listing
Can't help you with that particular one, but can personally vouch for this one!
Sorry, doesn't hurt to try!
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 10:38 PM   #3

I bought a 2015 that was made 2014, I can tell you that if you look around you will find good ones. Mine came with solar, generator, washer, dryer, we are very happy with it so far. If you find someone who has done the IS and disk brakes it will save you lots of money. Make sure you are on G rated tires, H would be better. Mine was garaged, see if you can find on from covered storage. Also I recommend you look out west due to salted roads. Mine looked like it had never been used, except for the rather large scratch in the paint. oh well I'm sure I will do it as well.
Take your time and one will pop up.
Cliff & Julie Hammond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 11:18 PM   #4

Whatever you choose to do, my opinion as well as other long time Redwood owners is the weak link in the stock coach was the suspension underneath. The stock suspension from the factory normally doesn't last more than a year or two at best. Adding an aftermarket suspension has consumed many of us on this forum. The better the choice, the more money, just as you would expect. H rated tires and disc brakes are two of the more important options for your safety and towing comfort. Read through some posts about the suspension, tires and disc brakes on here and make the choices you are comfortable with and can afford. The top of the heap is the MorRyde IS, but it is expensive. Some have had theirs for several years and the peace of mind it gives you is priceless.

Jim & Mary 2013 36 RL with Titan Disc Brakes Residential Fridge Goodyear 17.5 H rated tires MORryde IS, MORryde pin box 2015 Ford F350 King Ranch DRW
Jim & Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 12:45 AM   #5

We had a 2014 36RL in Burgundy with dark cherry interior - loved it! Especially loved the side by side W/D, but you did have to be careful to make sure the bedroom door was open when you put the slides in or it would break it.

As Jim said. We had the optional 8K axles, disc brakes, and G614 10 ply tires, but the suspension was still cheesy. Disc brakes were awesome, but the spring hangers and equalizers were weak. We had planned to put the Mor-Ryde IS suspension on for $3,500 like what is on the DRV Mobile Suites.

If it has the TriGlide pin box, those didn't work out well and Lippert has a replacement pin box.

There were some issues with the bar trusses breaking between the frame rails in the back. If you drop the belly back there a bit you can check them. I checked mine with a fiber-optic camera.

If it has a 3377 on the pin box (last 4 of the serial #) it was mine
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 03:31 AM   #6

i just sent you a private message
2015 38 GK
Cheryl & Wayne
ted 95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 02:34 PM   #7
Site Team

I'll add to and agree with what Jim and Atom Ant said.

We made the decision very early on to put the IS suspension and disc brake on our coach. Have never regretted it. That was almost 5 years ago and the coach has been towed more than 35k miles since. Troublefree, handles great, brakes fantastic and I will never own another fifth wheel without the IS and discs.

In most of our opinions, the 12-14 Redwoods were some of the best built.
Old 03-01-2018, 01:54 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by piper guy View Post
I'll add to and agree with what Jim and Atom Ant said.

We made the decision very early on to put the IS suspension and disc brake on our coach. Have never regretted it. That was almost 5 years ago and the coach has been towed more than 35k miles since. Troublefree, handles great, brakes fantastic and I will never own another fifth wheel without the IS and discs.

In most of our opinions, the 12-14 Redwoods were some of the best built.
I Have to agree with that
Old 03-11-2018, 03:43 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman87 View Post
I am looking to purchase a used 2014 36rl and was wondering if there is anything in particular I should be concerned with with this year and model.

i have 2015 36 RL for Sale pm me if your interested michaelwoods51@frontier.com located in newberg OR

Woody & Jana
2015 36RL Residential Fridge, W/D Full Paint
2015 Ford F-350SD Lariat, 6.7L Turbo Diesel, DWD, 4X4
MZWoody is offline   Reply With Quote