Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-05-2014, 02:31 PM   #1
Traveling

Talking It's Here! At Last Our 38RL Comes Home!

She's here! Our PDI was yesterday and everything went extremely well. We are beyond happy. We were pleased with the thoughtful little things our dealership did to make it special, and there were no surprises (other than it going very smoothly). They did not rush us, and we arrived early and watched them bring it around and open it up. The walk through was brief, but adequate for us. Certainly, some people would have probably needed more info than was provided. We benefitted from being long time RVers, if we were new, we would be lost. This forum has been a Godsend-many head scratchings were prevented (Yes, our dryer vent WAS stuck as mentioned before! Thank you for telling us!!!)

Yes, there are certainly a few boo-boos, but nothing major (yet). We slept in it last night and are now officially "Full Time" !! It's sort of surreal. We are amazed at the size of the bedroom with the slide-in-a-slide and realized that we are the same distance from the television in the coach as in our S&B bedroom. Slept like drunken sailors after an emotional, intense day.

It towed incredibly well with the RAM, what a joy. Didn't even feel it with the AirRide hitch. No chucking at all, even with lots of bridge expansions and whoop-di-dos on the road. We live 800 feet up a very windy, steep grade and we were nervous about that, but it was just fine. Truck didn't complain at all.

LOVE the Aristons! MUCH more capacity than I was anticipating. The washer is nearly silent. Dryer is much louder, hopefully this is normal. Works great.

Boo Boos: Our big "REDWOOD" lettering on passenger side is crooked :Unfortunately, we will be asking them to repair this when we take it in for the punch list. It's subtle, but it hit us both as we approached for the first time, and it was a disappointment. Don't want it like that. The icemaker hose is run outside in the slide and is quite exposed. We discovered it has a hole in it and was spraying water under the slide. Thanks to this forum, I knew right where to turn off the line and make it stop, so we'll stop at the hardware store for some fittings to fix that today.

Our closet doors are not aligned properly and we are going to attempt to fix those. So far that's IT!! We'll take it!

Design comments:

Many of the lights are LED. The closet lights and the fixtures are not. We will be replacing those. Still, glad the spotlights aren't those hot halogen juice hogs.

There is no insulation (as mentioned) in the outside tv cabinet. Yes, I can see right into the coach from outside. PERHAPS this is intentional, to provide heat to the TV in cold weather? Just thought.

We DID opt for the Fantastic Fan in the bedroom, and it's awesome!! It's located centrally forward of the pocket door about 3 feet out.

We got the Queen bed, always have had a Queen and wanted the extra bedroom space it would provide. We love the side tables they put in the slide. Makes morning coffee very nice!

Everything looks the same in the bathroom.

BIG CHANGE: Our refrigerator appears to have been secured AT THE FACTORY!! There is a very sturdy bar mounted at the top rear of the cabinet extending over the top of the fridge about a foot to hold it. It's SOLID. They ARE listening!

It would be nice to have outlets in the closet, under the bathroom sink cabinet and the hall closet for rechargeable items (flashlights, toothbrushes, radios, etc.) I hate cords running everywhere. Todd is going to install a few.

Still no lock on the bathroom door. Not a huge deal, but guests usually prefer a lock on the door. I know I would.

It's been a hurricane of activity, and we have a lot of moving in to do, but wanted to share, we LOVE OUR COACH!! It's better than we had hoped for!!! Yay!!
TNTBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 02:38 PM   #2

I had a smile on my face reading your post! That's sooooo cool.
Oh...I forgot the five kids.
spindrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 02:47 PM   #3
Site Team

I'm so happy for you folks! May you have many miles of happiness
Old 06-05-2014, 04:17 PM   #4

Very cool !
Hopefully, the first service is a quick one for you !

I hear you on the ice maker line and outlets...
We've turned the ice maker off since it WILL freeze and we like ice from Sonic anyway

but so far our 38gk has enough outlets with the one under the bed for misc stuff and one of the pantry drawers has been designated the electronics recharge station for all the phones, tablets, laptops, etc...

Since the coffee pots are already there, we put a power strip and all the chargers are there for our use
johnboytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 05:23 PM   #5

Congratulations and enjoy the full time lifestyle.

Andy & Judi, Canine Companions Duke & Kona
2012 F350 Lariat CC SRW Airlift 5000 |2013 RW 36FL Winegard Trav'ler
Travel Blog: www.andyandjudi.com
Oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 05:39 PM   #6

Congratulations! and what a wonderful place to do a PDI! Ours was out in the rain
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 05:54 PM   #7
lwg

Are you referring to the closet when you first walk in for a plug? In our hall closet we have two plugs, one on each side. The good and bad of black plugs is they look good, but are very difficult to see in poorly lit areas! The ones behind our recliners make plugging things in a game, can never easily see those darn holes for the plugs!

Enjoy the coach. I'm envious with the slide in a slide. I wish we would have ordered that option, the extra walking room would go a long ways in the bedroom.
Old 06-05-2014, 06:43 PM   #8

Super cool! So happy for you! Glad it all went smooth and your boo boos are small and nothing that will prevent you from enjoying it right off the lot! Woot!������
Blue Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 07:17 PM   #9
Site Team

Congratulations. Happy for you that everything went so well. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy.

hoosierguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 07:39 PM   #10

Congratulations. I wired in an outlet in the bathroom sink cabinet. Easy job. Our 31sl has an outlet in the closet which we use to plug in our printer sitting on the shelf. Check around thoroughly in the closet to see if there is an outlet in the back.
Old 06-05-2014, 08:13 PM   #11

Congratulations enjoy it
Old 06-05-2014, 08:19 PM   #12

This is great! Congrats and wishing you many years of happy travels......
Old 06-05-2014, 08:56 PM   #13

Is that a red carpet you guys are standing on? If so, what a great dealer! The "Red Carpet Treatment"! Nice rig. I think I was getting more excited about your anticipated delivery than you were because of all your posts. Enjoy!!!
Old 06-05-2014, 10:10 PM   #14

What is below the front door, and in front of the steps? I can't make it out. It appears to be some kind of stand.
Oh...I forgot the five kids.
spindrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 02:46 AM   #15

Great report...we are so happy for y'all. Great rig and fulltime RV living...cant beat it!!!
Old 06-06-2014, 02:52 AM   #16
Traveling

Thanks SO MUCH everyone! Yale! We saw your coach, it was right next to ours and they were working on it. I took a picture of the two of them together! Haha.

Great advice on the outlets, thanks, we will keep looking. It still feels unreal. We are so happy!!
Old 06-06-2014, 02:59 AM   #17
Traveling

Yes, we are standing on a red carpet. On the podium is a small poster that says "Congratulations Todd and Theresa Baker on the purchase of your new Redwood 38RL" and is signed by every employee at the dealership. SUPER nice. AND there was a gift inside with goodies (yummy eats). Just a super nice little extra touch. It was a great day.
Old 06-06-2014, 03:02 AM   #18

Todd & Theresa, you need to update your signature line...remove the not yet!!!
Old 06-06-2014, 03:04 AM   #19
Traveling

Well... Todd still works so we aren't "Retired" yet, but SOON. BELIEVE ME he would love to remove the NOT YET!! Haha!
Old 06-06-2014, 03:23 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTBaker View Post
Yes, we are standing on a red carpet. On the podium is a small poster that says "Congratulations Todd and Theresa Baker on the purchase of your new Redwood 38RL" and is signed by every employee at the dealership. SUPER nice. AND there was a gift inside with goodies (yummy eats). Just a super nice little extra touch. It was a great day.
That is one CLASS ACT! Did you mention the Dealer name? If so it's even worth mentioning again!
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote