Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-14-2014, 12:12 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTBaker View Post
Jim, I think Explore USA has some real issues... I have heard this before about them. I can tell you that our service department here in the Portland, OR area actually covered our carpets with plastic and was meticulous. I could not even tell they had been in there. Try to be optimistic!
Theresa, maybe us Colorado guys should convince our "other CO dealer" to send some of their boys up there to learn that it is "Customer Service" not "Customer, serve us" !!

2014 38GK, disc brakes, MorRyde SRE 4000, 2-Yamaha 2000 gennys, G14's, dual awnings, Progressive EMS.
2014 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW with Luverne Bull Bar and skid plate.
coloradolivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 12:24 AM   #22
Traveling

LOL Coloradolivin! Exactly. Business must be good if you can treat your customers like trash. Wow. BUT! RW needs to revoke privileges to dealerships and service centers that behave this way. It makes THEM look bad. I am sure they get extremely fed up with issues that are 100% caused by the dealership/service
TNTBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 04:17 PM   #23

ok several beers later and now I can think.... yesterday was pretty exciting, today who the heck knows, trying to get a hold of someone at explorer usa so I can get back into this thing and start documenting and taking photos of what I see is wrong and or messed up on our trailer that wasn't messed up before. and guys, I am so glad you are on this forum, because it does show for the ones who's rw is working like it should and others that got theirs finally fixed and now stepping up to defend what is theirs. I don't have a place yet in this pack yet and maybe I will not if my wife just puts her foot down and we loose a ton a money and buy one that's a competitor of rw. who knows, Jim L got a message from me earlier but no response back yet...im sure he just washed his hands clean of this already...but any way I really want to thank you all for a great ride if things go sour and rw and crossroads just don't make it right..you will all be missed if that happens but really thank you all for everything.
David and Beth with our sidekick red heeler Queso the "big cheese". 2016 38GK with double unagaurd awnings with led lights and trailair air tri-glide pin box 8K axles with Linc System. 2012 Ram 3500 4x4 crew cab Laramie LWB Edge Juice with attitude with B&W 20k companion hitch.
DLRAKOWITZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 04:22 PM   #24

David, I sure hope that Redwood/Crossroads will make this right for you and Beth!!!
Old 10-14-2014, 05:17 PM   #25

Whatever happened to the RW employee who was monitoring this Forum? You would think that this would be an excellent opportunity for him to work some MoJo.
Oh...I forgot the five kids.
spindrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 06:47 PM   #26

Yeah show me redwood does care for their customers and really backs their work. Use mine for an example. Because now I'm back in the mercy of explore USA and they see the issues that they said were fixed. And see issues that they said were none. So I'm left with a bandaid not a redwood.
David and Beth with our sidekick red heeler Queso the "big cheese". 2016 38GK with double unagaurd awnings with led lights and trailair air tri-glide pin box 8K axles with Linc System. 2012 Ram 3500 4x4 crew cab Laramie LWB Edge Juice with attitude with B&W 20k companion hitch.
Old 10-14-2014, 09:14 PM   #27

David, are you working with the San Antonio store ?

so far, my best luck has been at the Ft Worth Store....

the mesquite store talked a good game, but never came through...

we'll see as I brought ours with the list to them yesterday and was promised they would at least look at it by the 24th
johnboytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 11:05 PM   #28

No actually I am working with the Seguin store They are the closest to us. We purchased ours from the kyle store and will never step foot on that place again. We had to use seguin explore USA to first drop it off for a courier to get it from them to take It back to crossroads and they dropped it back off to seguin when complete. They see the what is wrong with it and want to take a stab at it. But now redwood and crossroads are dragging their feet I guess on authorizations so now I'm hung in the middle once more
Old 10-14-2014, 11:14 PM   #29

Purchased our 36RL at the Boerne store. Haven't been back since. Previous experience with service on a Carriage learned me that lesson!
Old 10-15-2014, 12:46 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLRAKOWITZ View Post
No actually I am working with the Seguin store They are the closest to us. We purchased ours from the kyle store and will never step foot on that place again. We had to use seguin explore USA to first drop it off for a courier to get it from them to take It back to crossroads and they dropped it back off to seguin when complete. They see the what is wrong with it and want to take a stab at it. But now redwood and crossroads are dragging their feet I guess on authorizations so now I'm hung in the middle once more
I msged you the name and number of a guy that can help. Really. Redwood is dragging their feet, until your lawsuit time runs out.
Old 10-15-2014, 12:51 AM   #31

Bought our 31SL at the Canton store and the purchase was fantastic but after the service dept couldn't get the shower leak fixed after 2 tries, we have never gone back and don't plan to. I ended up spending hours removing the faulty caulk that was put on the shower at xplore USA and recaulked myself. No leaks since. It's not just ExploreUSA that has service problems. After taking it to a Crossroads Dealer in Texas at the recommendation of the customer service tech, and getting it back in worse shape than when I took it there, I have lost all faith in the dealerships. Redwood did step up though and repair all my issues at the service center and did a beautiful job. I hope they can repair David's issues promptly!
Rick and Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 02:04 AM   #32

Ya we bought ours at Canton. They did some initial work, but we haven't been back.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 04:03 AM   #33

Wow!

My first inclination if that was my unit would be to drive the unit right thru the front window of their factory showroom... or park it out in front of the biggest RV Show I could find and invite folks to admire the quality of my unit on their way into the show...

We have not had the bad luck you have had...

We bought our 38BR from Camping in Style just outside of Whitby Ontario in May 2012. We have had "minor" issues related to trim bulging or falling off ever since we bought it. At each inspection interval each issue was documented and fixed to my satisfaction free of charge. On 2 occasions they washed my unit! I just got it back from the dealer after they had to repaint the front and back cap at RW expense due to serious fading of the gelcoat... looks like new... with a minor issue. A piece of tape was not placed correctly on one of the landing gear lights during paint prep and is now well and truly encased in the new paint... but I can live with that. They have also replaced 2 Maxx Fan lids due to cracks at no charge and have fixed minor tears in the roof for the cost of the caulk.

Some dealers actually do believe in Customer Service.
Old 10-16-2014, 06:18 PM   #34
lwg

BradPAjax,
Does your Redwood have Full Paint?
Old 10-17-2014, 12:03 AM   #35

No, We have the 2 tone brown original paint scheme. The front cap went almost white over this past winter just above the name and emblem. The rear cap was white on the very top from the roof seam to the horizontal to vertical edge.
No issues... photos sent to RW and approved in May... Had to wait for a 3rd party shop to do the paint in Sep so I dropped it off when my trip to the USA was over and picked it up 2 weeks ago. Winterized it last weekend and it is parked for the winter. May consider a cover to protect the unit after this.