Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-17-2016, 04:53 PM   #1

General Question about Redwood

Hiya everyone. As my screen name suggests, I'm getting ready to call it quits in the near future and am exploring options for full time 5th wheel living.

This will be my situation. Once the 5th wheel is parked, it isn't going to move, unless a hurricane is in the forecast. It will be at an RV resort in Florida. We won't be taking it on weekend trips nor traveling the country.

Since I've been reading threads on this website for the past couple of weeks, I do have some general questions about the Redwood. I'm also considering a Full House toy hauler to keep the golf cart in in bad weather if my bike isn't already there first..

First off, I've been trying to find somewhere, even on Redwoods site, what the different letters mean regarding different models.

The digit in front of these letter I assume means length?

FL - I assume that means Front Living?
RE - ?
RL - Rear Living?
SL - ?
FB - ?
SK - ?
MB - Middle Bedroom?
Any other letter combinations - ?

I want to sound somewhat intelligent when I call dealerships to inquire about used models they have on the lot, not that sales people aren't completely and totally honest when trying to sell a used product , or when I see something for sale by a private owner.

Also, is there a known year where the quality of the product stood out as excellent compared with other years?

Any other info you can give me would be greatly appreciated. I'm just beginning this journey and want to be informed.

Thanks in advance.
ReadyToRetire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 05:14 PM   #2

My best guess:

RE - rear entertainment - TV on back wall
SL ?
FB - Front bedroom - a rather odd way of saying slightly different than RL
GK ?
MB - is actually Master Bath (original a 1-1/2 bath but 1/2 bath options for pantry or bar.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 05:44 PM   #3

Ok thanks. I suppose it really doesn't matter in the long run what the letters mean, but it educates me anyway.

I really like the front living room floorplan, but will look at all I can find that fit the budget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom ant View Post
My best guess:

RE - rear entertainment - TV on back wall
SL ?
FB - Front bedroom - a rather odd way of saying slightly different than RL
GK ?
MB - is actually Master Bath (original a 1-1/2 bath but 1/2 bath options for pantry or bar.
ReadyToRetire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 06:08 PM   #4

FB = Full bath, toilet is in a separate water closet & it has a full shower, about 30" x 48", not in a corner, with hallway in the center. Also the w/d is stackable in a separate closet next to the shower. You'll only find this floor plan used as it's discontinued.
If I were looking to do the same as you I'd look at the GK=grand/great kitchen, Almost same floor plan as the FB, but much more kitchen area.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote