Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-03-2014, 11:57 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nTheRoad View Post
Question...how many use the lights on the front for the hitch?

I was waxing my coach yesterday and when I was working under the front cap saw the switch, toggled it on and saw that the lamps were LED's. I think this is the first time I've turned these lights on for over a year!
Chuck - I normally turn them on at a campground and leave them on, saves staggering into the hitch at night.

Andy & Judi, Canine Companions Duke & Kona
2012 F350 Lariat CC SRW Airlift 5000 |2013 RW 36FL Winegard Trav'ler
Travel Blog: www.andyandjudi.com
Oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 12:24 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindrift View Post
I use the front hitch lights all the time. I'm a big fan of hokey lights in general but these add an element of safety to the campsite during the evening hours.

One of the great features of the 36FL is the two slide configuration of the bedroom.
I agee our 36FL bedroom is awesome, don't have to turn sideways anywhere

Jim & Susie, 2014 36FL, 2012 F-250 6.2 trailer saver TS3
superduty glampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 04:07 PM   #43

only time our hitch lights are on is when I tell visitors, "look for the rv with the spot lights on in front next to the one that is blinking"
(Have a buddy that puts the blinker on his umbilical cord that blinks all the driving lights)

Since I wear a ball cap most of the time...
the wife got me some of these and they work GREAT for night time work around the rv !
johnboytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 01:14 PM   #44

In general, I like the layout of the 38GK. We removed the LR couch and replaced it with our cherry 3' x 6' kitchen table - it's nice to have ONE piece of furniture from home, and it perfectly matches the decor. Our computer desk, printer cart and sewing machine cabinet all roll under the table for storage, but only one "work unit" can be rolled out at a time. If my wife plans to quilt or sew, I go off to photograph for the day, or go outside to use the laptop. I raised this table to 33" so my 5' wife also gets a shorter work space to cut fabric on, or knead dough. The extra table space is invaluable for us. I'd like to see RW offer an alternative built-in unit for this space - many of us find the couch an unproductive and redundant use of sitting space. If we're going to entertain, we generally do it outside.

My major "complaint" is that the new fivers all seem very dark inside. While I appreciate that windows have been replaced by storage cabinets, and that tinted windows may have their use and value, I feel like I'm entering a cave when I come inside. It's a bright, sunny day - why are almost all my lights on inside? Yes, the awnings cut back on light, and we're currently in a shady spot - perhaps I'll appreciate this more when we're parked on a barrier island in FL or TX. But I'd be happy if there were a skylight just like the shower unit in both the bedroom and maybe even two in the living area. It seems that RW could engineer that into their roof design without compromising strength or waterproof integrity (there are already lots of "holes" in the roof). Is anyone with me about brightening up our homes with more natural daylight?
Full-timing starting in August, 2014
AlanN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 02:33 PM   #45

Well, in TexUS, those holes in the roof are heat entry points

and, as part timers, it already takes an hour and 30 minutes to cool off the interior once we set up... not sure I want more heat input !
johnboytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 03:36 PM   #46

Good point, thanks - if they can make duo-pane windows, I'd think a duo-pane skylight could let in light but keep out heat. We haven't seen hot enough weather in Vermont this summer to determine if the shower skylight is a serious heat entry point. This wouldn't be the toughest thing the engineers have had to design if they put their minds to it.
Old 10-08-2014, 04:20 PM   #47

We have a 38GK too and find it dark. Weather permitting, opening the max vents in the kitchen and hall make a difference. I just open them without the fan on. Helps a bit.

Ken
brenkco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 04:30 PM   #48

Totally agree - these are dark units. Lights always on inside if occupied. Our last Montana was the same way, which we noticed right away - and it was the first unit we had with tinted windows. The darker interior contributes, but the windows are the primary contributor.

The bathroom skylight is dual pane, not vacuum sealed, but two panes anyway.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 04:31 PM   #49

Yeah, they help a little ... we may look into going to the factory if they agree that thermal skylights can be installed. Thanks...
Old 10-08-2014, 04:48 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom ant View Post
Totally agree - these are dark units. Lights always on inside if occupied. Our last Montana was the same way, which we noticed right away - and it was the first unit we had with tinted windows. The darker interior contributes, but the windows are the primary contributor.

The bathroom skylight is dual pane, not vacuum sealed, but two panes anyway.
We haven't had to live in hot summer climate yet, but it would seem that a couple of the dual-pane shower skylights, strategically placed, would add a lot of light with minimal heat gain. Thanks, AA.