Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-30-2014, 03:18 AM   #21

Your dealer is right -
the fridge can only move around SO far...
then it starts hitting things that stop it from moving...
like the enclosure or the island....

(on edit - anchoring is NOT that difficult...
you put a female type hook near where the rear two legs go,
you put male type feet on the rear and slide it under those hooks,
then you bolt down the two front feet - ez peazy !)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dent 02-08.jpg (43.5 KB, 2 views)
johnboytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 03:19 AM   #22

There has been a lot of growing pains with that residential fridge. They shouldn't need to reinvent the wheel - there a plenty of coaches out there that successfully offer them.

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe DRV is having the same trouble.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 03:25 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradolivin View Post
Ok. let's get real people. If there are PDI issues out there for the folks that are going to buy new or used, we need to talk to RW and have a .conversation. Having the engineers figure it out ain't goin to work.

We are owners and I think there are only about 4500 of us at this point. This is a great rig and the people putting it together are not getting the feedback that they need. I am a production guy and I know that the front line folks are not into it for the money. However, they believe that we as our customer, are ohhh so happy. Well, if we are not, let's let them know. is it a dealer issue or a company issue ?
It's a company issue. My dealer is waiting for RW to tell them what they want to do. The dealer today measured the movement on my refer, ( and 3 others on the lot) it can tip out about 7" before it strikes the top of the cabinet. The dealer was told by Redwood that no one secures res refers, they promptly sent them pictures of refers in Tiffin Motorhomes that both are secure and have door latches, that's when RW said they will send it to engineering!
Simple things a high end 5ver should address, like latches on the drawers in the pantry. These kinds of things shouldn't be on a buyers list of things we need to do after purchase. I really think these are great looking well built units, but attention to detail will kill them if they don't pull their head out
Blue Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 03:25 AM   #24

Blue Dogs, Sorry to hear of your troubles. About the residential fridge, last week at our PDI we forgot to check on that. I asked our salesman who emailed Redwood and got a reply from a Regional Sales Manager who said "I asked the Redwood guys who have been here longer than me and they thought it was not anchored down. My thought was that it must not need to be with that upgraded suspensions system."

I'm new at this but my gut says it should be anchored down because these are rolling earthquakes. I'm just not sure how we go about letting Redwood know or if they would listen before we have a problem, as we haven't taken possession yet.

Hope your issues are resolved quickly.
Old 04-30-2014, 05:10 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboytoo View Post
Your dealer is right -
the fridge can only move around SO far...
then it starts hitting things that stop it from moving...
like the enclosure or the island....

(on edit - anchoring is NOT that difficult...
you put a female type hook near where the rear two legs go,
you put male type feet on the rear and slide it under those hooks,
then you bolt down the two front feet - ez peazy !)
Maybe you should call RW engineering in the morning and sell them you design, I think they need help and it really doesn't sound that difficult!
Old 04-30-2014, 01:53 PM   #26

Lots of good ideas coming out of this. How about Redwoods Facebook page? I know someone at Redwood reads it as I've seen their replies.

Face to face at the Rally as Ken suggests is probably best.
Old 04-30-2014, 02:45 PM   #27

I'll start the thread and as we get closer to the Rally will get in contact with Jim Lazzarino, the Redwood Product Manager, and see what can be arranged at the Rally.

Look for the new thread "Feedback for Redwood At the 2014 Rally"

Ken
Old 05-02-2014, 05:09 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve & Linda View Post
Lots of good ideas coming out of this. How about Redwoods Facebook page? I know someone at Redwood reads it as I've seen their replies.

Face to face at the Rally as Ken suggests is probably best.
I said this the last couple year's that the rally would be a great place for great feed back for problems the Redwood owners are having and future fixes and ideas for Redwood. But nothing last year, Maybe this year?
Although...it does seem that the last couple of years we have had these kinds of discussions around the campfires and every year these people don’t seem to last more then a week after the rallies. I don’t know, setting down with owners at a rally to discuss anything might start making the folks that can go back to redwood and help make decisions to improve the product, (Redwood) gun shy. Wonder if they’ll go for the hat trick this year? Such a shame the last couple years. Great problem solving people that would actually listen.

Full Timers in our 2013 36FL with MoRryde 8000# IS suspension. Pulled by 2012 Sport Chassis with Hensley Trailer Saver Hitch.
UNDRPSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 05:16 AM   #29

Undrpsi,

Check out the "Feedback for Redwood at the 2014 rally" thread in the Admin forum. It's starting to get some traction.

Please submit your thoughts so they can be part of the conversation.
Old 05-03-2014, 09:21 PM   #30

Well,
Another Delivery date comes and goes, No delivery!

One time I talk with them they have a sure fix for the residential fridge, the next time it's we are working on a fix for the fridge?
Then There is the Generator Dishwasher issue. It's still gets a fault code and locks the door with the dishwasher running on the gen set. onan tells the dealer the voltage regulator is a "smart" regulator and will learn the proper frequencies after 20+ hours of operation. so the dealer has put around 20 hours on the gen set and had the onan field service tech out to check. He gives it a clean bill of health but said it still needs more hours but as of now it produces 64Hz but is down from 67.
The dishwasher company says it should run fine on anything below 65Hz. Well it doesn't. Trouble shooting the dishwasher shows all OK so they refuse to send out another on warranty. The only way to clear the fault code is to reconnect to shore power.

They tell me all other issues were finally completed as of yesterday afternoon. Forgot to ask if the paintwork on the slide had been repaired, this would require body shop time. The last report is this could take another week? won't learn anything new this weekend being as the dishwasher and Onan people are all closed on weekends.
Old 05-05-2014, 12:25 PM   #31

S&K,
Sorry about your issues. Our residential fridge does the same thing, it tilts forward and the freezer opens and I have a dent where it hit the counter island. Very poor design. I think Redwood has poor quality control inspections! They should be more on top of these issues. Everywhere they stapled you can see everyone of the staples. No one came back and covered or filled in after they stapled. Very bad looking for such a nice looking interior. We do like our Redwood, but we are frustrated. For a brand new rig I just can't get over the lack of urgency on Redwood's part to get back to us about this microwave issue. For us since we don't have a regular oven, this is an issue. Oh well, it's nice eating out every night, well at least for me. My husband has a different take on that.
Annie67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 11:51 PM   #32

That is why I did not get the residential fridge in my Redwood. I had nothing but problems with the one I had in my Open Range. I had to put a pillow and foam padding between the fridge door and center island to keep the fridge from moving around too much when the slide was closed and going down the road. And forget it about the inverter running it. I gave up after the third inverter.
I am very happy with my Norcold double door and ice maker.

Just my 2 cents.
USN Retired
Fredtp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 02:15 AM   #33
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredtp View Post
That is why I did not get the residential fridge in my Redwood. I had nothing but problems with the one I had in my Open Range. I had to put a pillow and foam padding between the fridge door and center island to keep the fridge from moving around too much when the slide was closed and going down the road. And forget it about the inverter running it. I gave up after the third inverter.
I am very happy with my Norcold double door and ice maker.

Just my 2 cents.
I feel the same way.....the extra storage would be nice but for now I'll let others work out the problems.