Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-28-2012, 06:17 PM   #1

Has anyone dealt with McGeorges RV in Richmond VA. And how was your experience with them, and would you recommend anyone. We live about an hour from them and planning to go see a 40kb tomorrow. Any info would be appreciated.
TwoMuttsToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 06:34 PM   #2

Contacted them (by internet) for price on 36 rl. Also contacted several dealers in VT, MA and elsewhere on east coast. Lazydays in Tampa beat all their prices by $5,000 or more (almost as $20,000 in one case!). Bought there. Dealt with Tony Burgess. VERY satisfied with everything there! Pre-sale, delivery, pdi, etc. Happy to share more info with you if you like.
Old 12-29-2012, 06:50 AM   #3

I got my 36RE from them and if you go talk to Bo Hurst, I
have talked to others in the pass but he sure worked with me. He even helped
after I purchased my unit with some issuers with service.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" />

Old 12-29-2012, 07:40 AM   #4

Second IPull's recommendation of Bo and McGeorges. Both are excellent and their service is also great.
Adamsvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:26 AM   #5

thanks will do
Old 12-30-2012, 10:38 AM   #6

Hi Everyone,

We took a trip to McGeorge's yesterday and met Bo Hurst. Thank you iPull and Adamssvr for the recommendation. He is very well informed, friendly and I think will be great to work with once we are ready to order our unit. We went up there yesterday because we saw they had the 40KB and we were curious to see what it was like. When we arrived, we found out they also had just received a 38GK. Nice surprise!!

DH and I were pretty much set on the 38BR until yesterday when we saw the new 38GK. The GK was also in the new color Tan and Burgundy. (I love that color) I have to say this unit is beautiful and we may change the model we are going to buy to the 38GK. It is very spacious and I love the shower in it. The slide in slide for the bedroom made the room feel large. This unit also has 2 pantries with drawers!! Now that is a nice feature.

We also saw the 40KB and I wasn't as impressed with the 40KB as I was with the 38GK. The kitchen and living area are great and very spacious. I don't like the placement or the look of the shower. The washer/dryer is in the kitchen area so you lose the coat hook closet and I kind of like it near the bedroom. The positive on this one is the pantry does not get blocked when it is closed and both units do not have the toilet blocked when closed up which I consider a plus especially during those times where you can't wait until the next rest area.

DH and I are still discussing which model will suit our needs. Thanks to Amishco, we visited their new unit two weeks ago. THANK YOU and we enjoyed our visit with you!! While I like the 38BR and the extra room would be perfect for the dog kennels, it does take away from the living space. The pantry is much smaller and the couch is not full size. The biggest issue with going to the 38GK is the kennels would have to be constantly setup for night time or when we leave. We have 2 beautiful Mutts but Lily our boxer/dalmatian mix has separation anxiety and will chew on things when leave her alone. She has to be in a kennel.

Anyway, thank you everyone for all of your advice and I have to say this forum has been great for educating us on these beautiful RVs and meeting new people. We look forward to joining the family soon with our new rig!!

Suzy (and Ted)

Old 12-31-2012, 06:17 AM   #7

Suzy, Ted and Travis:
Glad you were able to stop by on your northbound trip, Every model has pro's and con's. the BR was just what I was looking for with the office conf. I know that it is a small area to work from but with the added window and rear door it seemed like a perfect fit for us with me still having to work from the road. our 3-5 year plan to go fulltimehas turned into a 1-2 year plan at this point. So far we have found a few things that we didn't notice when we bought it, but I really think it was a very good build on RW part.
Old 01-11-2013, 05:58 PM   #8

My husband and I bought a 36 RL July 2011 and although I really like my rv, I cannot say anything good about McGeorge. I had read some of the reviews on the net and thought perhaps they wereunintentionally exgerated, but now Iknow they werenot. I will not bore you with all the details, but I will tell you this, they are the worst people I have ever delt with Everything is fine until you have a problem covered under warrenty and then your problems begin.If you have found a unit there that you have fallen in love with, my advicewould be to run - not walk- to another dealer that handles this brand and make your purchase there.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:04 PM   #9

Went to Mcgeorges to purchase in august 2012 after seeing a RW online.After driving 165 miles I found that they use a lot of smoke and mirrors to get you in,once there you find it's not as advertised and I even had several calls to verify what I was coming to look at.The best thing I do see with them is the gentleman that runs the store has set up a nice place to rival CW and is fairly priced.GoodLuck buyer beware
CampingCouple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:03 AM   #10
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long Long Trailer

My husband and I bought a 36 RL July 2011 and although I really like my rv, I cannot say anything good about McGeorge. I had read some of the reviews on the net and thought perhaps they wereunintentionally exgerated, but now Iknow they werenot. I will not bore you with all the details, but I will tell you this, they are the worst people I have ever delt with Everything is fine until you have a problem covered under warrenty and then your problems begin.If you have found a unit there that you have fallen in love with, my advicewould be to run - not walk- to another dealer that handles this brand and make your purchase there.
I'm sorry to hear you've had problems with your dealer. I guess you don't know until you buy but it's a shame some of those dealer are out there. Yet they're usually the ones crying because according to them, the internet has ruined their business.

If I were in your shoes, I'd call the factory and ask them for a name of a dealer that would work with you.

Good luck and Happy Trails
Old 01-12-2013, 10:29 AM   #11

That's what we did last year. Andy replied back with four dealers "in good standing" including the names, contact people & phone numbers. In the end, we got an amazing price from a good dealer.Edited by: 5th_Time
Mike & Pam '12 36RL, Kodiak Discs, 17.5" G114s H-Rated, SRE4000 w/HD Shackles, Joy Rider Shocks, Flex Air, 5.5 Onan, W&D, DW, 4 Scare Lights, (2) 6V Trojan T-145s; Progressive EMS-HW50C, Winegard DTV Sat, Sony/Denon 4K Home Theater, WiFiRanger EliteAC Pack, weBoost 4G-X Cell Booster.

2022 RAM 3500 Limited CC, LB, 4x4, DRW, Max Tow, Cummins HO, AISIN, 4.10, Mopar 30K w/OEM Prep, Transfer Flow 70gal Aux Tank/Toolbox.
5th_Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:45 PM   #12

We picked up our 36FB from Windish RV in Denver last Friday. We've had an incredible experience with them. Last year we bought a used TT there and we really wanted to give them our Redwood order, as well. We got quotes from 4 dealers - Windish met the best of them.

Our salesman, Corey Shaw, has been terrific - helpful, patient with my many questions, very accommodating when we wanted changes, and always a pleasant disposition. He truly went "above and beyond" for us - even showed up late Friday with tools and took our hitch and 2nd battery of the travel trailer!!

On our walkthru, Gary spent as much time as we needed, never rushing us, even though there were 8 other deliveries that day. The general manager, Jim Humble, checked in to see how we were doing. And techs from last year remembered us! What really impressed us is the attitude of everyone there - it didn't matter who we asked, they either had the answer or found someone that did.

Our unit came in exactly as ordered. The items we found on walkthru were fixed when we returned from lunch. We had a very short punch list after 4 nights of camping - nothing that would prevent us from heading out right away.

We really do feel that we got a quality RV, beautifully fitted and finished.

Many thanks to other owners here that have provided us with so much information about Redwood. We felt comfortable going into this purchase, fully aware of the issues other have had. We felt that the many "satisfied-owner" comments greatly outweighed the few complaints.

Kevin (altitudeman) and Joyce (JJ)

Hope to meet some of you in person while traveling this year!
Kev n JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:43 AM   #13

Glad you had a good delivery experience. We have also had good experiences with Windish. Hope to meet you and other Colorado RW owners at some point. Safe travels!
Old 05-02-2013, 02:56 PM   #14

Joyce - We had a similar positive experience with Fraserway. Everybody we met and dealt with were brilliant.

Redwood after sales service has also been excellent. I sent a question on the website about the bedroom/kitchen slides that the dealer couldn't answer and I had a call backfrom Ron at Crossroads within 4 hours.

Hope to see you and Kevin when you are on the Coast.

Andy & Judi, Canine Companions Duke & Kona
2012 F350 Lariat CC SRW Airlift 5000 |2013 RW 36FL Winegard Trav'ler
Travel Blog: www.andyandjudi.com
Oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 01:33 PM   #15

Thank you so much Suzanne and Martin for the kind words. Tony

http://lazydays.com/team/sales/aburgess

aburgess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 07:26 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by aburgess
Thank you so much Suzanne and Martin for the kind words. Tony

http://lazydays.com/team/sales/aburgess
I had a serious question, MODERATOR CALLED BACK WITHIN 2 Hours, had issue resolved in minutes,
THANKS A MILLION for the excellent service.Edited by: RifRaff
Old 05-05-2013, 11:05 AM   #17

I'm glad this site is being actively managed now. Keep up the the good work Bruce.
Mike & Pam '12 36RL, Kodiak Discs, 17.5" G114s H-Rated, SRE4000 w/HD Shackles, Joy Rider Shocks, Flex Air, 5.5 Onan, W&D, DW, 4 Scare Lights, (2) 6V Trojan T-145s; Progressive EMS-HW50C, Winegard DTV Sat, Sony/Denon 4K Home Theater, WiFiRanger EliteAC Pack, weBoost 4G-X Cell Booster.

2022 RAM 3500 Limited CC, LB, 4x4, DRW, Max Tow, Cummins HO, AISIN, 4.10, Mopar 30K w/OEM Prep, Transfer Flow 70gal Aux Tank/Toolbox.
5th_Time is offline   Reply With Quote