Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-05-2014, 04:09 AM   #41

Be sure to check out the website for poli-glow. I just finished doing a 30ft 5er that is 15 yrs. old. It looks near new. The process is to use a super cleaner to remove as much of the oxidation as possible, then apply the finish with a hand applicator. watch the demo video on the website, applied to a boat that was used in salt water. This product is one of those that really works, as seen on TV. Royce
R 38 Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 11:24 AM   #42

We had an unpainted 31sl at the campground this weekend and their front cap looked like it was sanded from the top down. Too bad because the sides looked great.
Old 09-05-2014, 11:28 AM   #43

I have seen several of the Gel Coat RWs with the front cap almost white at the top and they fade to the correct color as you go down the front.
17.5 Goodyear G114's, RV Armor Roof
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Curt Q24 Hitch

rob_fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 02:38 AM   #44

Fading

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTBaker View Post
very helpful thank you. You know I've seen a lot of faded decals on rv's over the years but I do not ever recall seeing faded paint. Maybe on a 25 year old old Winnebago or something. We won't own our redwood that long! as far as the carpet goes 1300 dollars to protect carpet that isn't even worth that much seems a bit steep to me. The furniture is vinyl! I think I'm going to pass on it. I actually wish they did offer a fabric sofa I would have paid more for that. Then the coating would have made more sense.
Not sure if maybe we should have bought the coating. I have a 2014, this is its 2nd summer and the whole front cap has faded. Would the coating of helped????
Garryschmidt50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 03:34 AM   #45
Site Team

In my opinion, the coating offered by the dealer would not have prevented facing of the front cap. This has been a problem for the beginning. Contact Redwood. They should paint if for you.
Old 08-06-2015, 04:29 AM   #46

Thanks for the info. I will be contacting them in the morning.
Garryschmidt50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 04:52 AM   #47

As I said in another post, insist on paint, not polish!
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 02:32 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin' texans View Post
As I said in another post, insist on paint, not polish!
When I had my 31SL painted earlier this year by a local paint shop (approved and reimbursed by Redwood) the painter toldme he paints around 3 or 4 fifth wheels per week. They are usually different brands as Redwood is not available locally. He also stated that for a lot less money there is a product he can put on that will make it look like new but will only last a year or two. He said dealers use it a lot because they will make a trade look like new just for a quick sale. Mine was painted and he gave me a 10 year warranty and told me I would never have to worry about it again. He stated that my front cap is just like a painted car now and it would clean much better now. Have not had fading on rear cap yet as it is under cover most of the time. When it shows fading I hope Redwood will cover that paint as well.
Rick and Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 07:47 PM   #49

Rick, if I were you, I would go ahead and get it painted if I could, it will soon be out of the 2 year warranty, and it will need painted, its just a matter of time. Ours started to fade on the very top right where it met the roof
Bill 2012 36fb and 2005 3500 dd
b41wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 01:31 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by b41wright View Post
Rick, if I were you, I would go ahead and get it painted if I could, it will soon be out of the 2 year warranty, and it will need painted, its just a matter of time. Ours started to fade on the very top right where it met the roof
Bill 2012 36fb and 2005 3500 dd
It's already out of the 2 year warranty. Redwood wanted pictures to approve the front cap paint and there was no sign of fading on the rear so I figured they would have denied the rear. When it shows up I will try to force the issue then since they already approved the front one. The painter did tell me that if it did occur and they refused it he could try and just paint the upper part and the ledge below the windows where most of the fading occurs.
Rick and Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 07:34 PM   #51

Sounds like my wife. Where do we find these great women!?!?
Alwaysawehr is offline   Reply With Quote