Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-11-2012, 10:05 PM   #21
par

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th_Time

That's so true. Also on the RE.But the door has to have a flat surface to lay against when open and the latch side is a short rounded wall - so the front edge of the door would be against the bed. Even if it opened in the other direction, it would be bloocking the bathroom door. When you think about it, it's well designed for the space available.

I also visited and RL with the door hinged on the washer/dryer side and quite frankly thought it was ridiculous and I figured it waswas hung that way by mistake. I just could not imagine doing a wash and having to navigate that door. Actually if you look on the Redwood web site the floorplans have the door hinged the opposite side so I still can't imagine why anyone would want the door hinged on the washer/dryer wall. It is true that I have not been into a unit with the door hinged on the bathroom partition but there appears to be enough room?
par is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 07:00 AM   #22

Yes it's a pain, but if it were hinged on the other side, you would have to step into the bedroom, then close the door (if even possible with you in the way)to get the rest of the way into the bedroom, or go thru the bathroom all the time to get to the bedroom. Plus it needs to be out of the way when bringing in the slide.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 02:41 PM   #23

Old 06-13-2012, 02:51 PM   #24

Sorry quick finger�
Just moved into our new FL after Mikes PDI sheet (thanks). We still have to spend more time in it to understand all the workings. BUT the hall door is on the slide side so you can walk around the curve in the bedroom for more space. The amount of times you do a wash are far less then the amount of times you go around that nice curve in the bedroom.