Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-25-2014, 04:49 PM   #1

38 Models VS. 36 Models

We currently own a 2013 36RE and have been generally pleased with it. Our biggest regret is getting the RE instead of the RL due to the awkward angle of TV viewing from the recliners.

We have looked at some of the other models and, while perhaps a bit nit picky, have the following concerns:

38GK--no king bed option in 2015
38MB--significantly reduced kitchen storage to make room for 1/2 bath
38FL--too little underneath storage

For owners of the 38 RE or 38 RL, where did they add the additional 2.5 feet or so of length as compared to the 36 versions? Is it all in the living area or elsewhere?

Thanks for any comments.

jpdunc
jpdunc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 05:50 PM   #2

Good question -

I see an extra pantry on the rearward side of the fridge (I don't think you get the pantry on the forward side of the fridge at all if you get the double fridge)

I also know it would take an extra 14" to put the king slide in slide. It would never fit in our 36RL.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 06:10 PM   #3

We have the 36RE and love it... mainly because we are working on the road and I needed a big desk. So glad to get the 2013 new this year that still had the surface all the way across the back for great office workspace. We put both dining chairs on one side and slide the recliners over if we both want to watch TV from the recliners. But I generally choose to sit in my recliner (we replaced one with a more comfy one from home) in the morning when I'm not watching TV, just reading and answering e-mails, and watch TV from the couch. But I totally get where you are coming from if you both like to sit in the recliners.
WDSFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 02:34 AM   #4

I agree with Adam Ant, when you look at the drawings of the 36RL and 38RL side-by-side there are very few differences, where I see differences seem to be in the kitchen and the front and rear caps.
Old 03-26-2014, 02:59 AM   #5

I believe the difference in length from the 36rl to the 38rl is in the bedroom and bathroom. I know the bedroom is bigger due to the king bed but the bathroom is also bigger. Not sure if anything else is different but looks the same.