Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-07-2012, 07:33 PM   #1

Would somebody be able to get me a measurement in a 36RL that has a king bed from the end of the bed(foot end)with the slide out to the dresser? Trying to find out how much room is in the aisle way. Thanks.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:05 PM   #2

That depends.... whether you get the slide within the slide or not. We have the slide within the slide and it gives us about 40" between the end of the bed and the dresser.
Adamsvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:11 PM   #3

Looking for a king bed without the slide in slide. Is the slide in slide available with a king bed?
Old 12-07-2012, 08:15 PM   #4

Don't believe the slide within the slide gives you a King bed. Ours is a Queen.
Adamsvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:33 PM   #5

Twenty inches I would have got the slide in slide but I wanted the king bed I took my mattress from my trade in I had it custom made for a grand it's way better than you get with the RV
Beechguyjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:08 AM   #6

There was a slide-in-a-slide unit with a king bed on the lot at my dealer. The portion of the mattress within the outer slide is cut down to queen size and then expands to king. Didn't think this would work for me as I planned to replace the mattress with one of my own. Although, I'm sure ne could have a custom mattress made to fit.
Kevin & Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:16 PM   #7

Travelingman:
We have a 36rl with a queen size mattress, no slide in slide, and the measurement from the end of the mattress to the front of the dresser is 21". As far as I know, king mattresses aren't longer, only wider (both 80" head to foot). A MUCH bigger concern, one we considered before deciding on a queen mattress rather than a king, was the space on eiether side of the mattress. Even with the queen mattress, the folding doors on the "washer/dryer" closet don't open a full 180 degrees. The doors (folded)measure about 12 1/2", the space between the hinges and the mattress is only about 11". The space between the edge of the bedroom door (ours is hinged on the bathroom side, opening into the bedroom),when opened into the bedroom is about 14". If we had a king mattress, the spaces would be reduced by about 10" -- only about an inch between the hinge of the w/d door to the mattress -- only enabling the w/d doors to open 90 degrees -- and the space between the open bedroom door and the mattress would be about 4". It's tight getting between the open bedroom door and the mattress even with the queen -- there would be almost --0-- if we had a king. The same between the side of the mattress and the main bedroom closet doors is about 19". WIth a king thast would only be 9". I can't imagine trying to make the bed with a king -- or getting in and out of bed. It seems you'd have to come throught the sliding door between the bathroom and bedroom (or ssqueeze into the bedroom door and the mattress and try to close the bedroom door) and climb from the foot end of the bed, or, if the bedroom door were closed, there would be about 10" between the curved wall onside of the mattress on that side, bathroom and the he above measurements assume the king is 80" wide. An RV "king" might be narrower,changing clearancesaccordingly. The other consideration is that with a king, you lose both night tables next to the bed (as you do with a queen + slide in slide). After considering all of the above, we opted for the queen. It's still a squeeze with the bedroom door open and for making the bed. Certainly wouldn't want it any tighter. If I were you, I wouldn't opt for the king unless you were actually able to see one and check out getting in and out of the bedroom and bed with the door open and closed, and imagining making the bed with a king. JM2C. Some others who have a king might want to comment.
Old 12-08-2012, 07:55 PM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin & Tammy
There was a slide-in-a-slide unit with a king bed on the lot at my dealer. The portion of the mattress within the outer slide is cut down to queen size and then expands to king. Didn't think this would work for me as I planned to replace the mattress with one of my own. Although, I'm sure ne could have a custom mattress made to fit.
I have a queen sized bed with a slid-in-slide and we love it. We also replaced our mattress with a sleep number bed like the one we have at home. It was a tough decision giving up the night stands but now have no regrets and we LOVE the extra room the extra slide gives.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:51 PM   #9

Thanks for the replies. We will have to have a king, as we have an 80 lb. labrador retriever and it is "her" bed and she lets us borrow what space she is not using.

Another question about a king bed without the slide in slide is can you get to closet with slide inand without crawling over the bed? I don't think you can, but thought I would ask.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:34 PM   #10

I have a king and you can stand alone side the bed on both sides. There is not a lot of room on the sides, but you can make the bed. I have no problems getting into the front closet. I installed glass shelves on both sides of the bed as I could not have side tables.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:53 PM   #11

Even with queen bed, you can't get to the closet or drawers with slide in . The mattress & dresser touch.
Mike & Pam '12 36RL, Kodiak Discs, 17.5" G114s H-Rated, SRE4000 w/HD Shackles, Joy Rider Shocks, Flex Air, 5.5 Onan, W&D, DW, 4 Scare Lights, (2) 6V Trojan T-145s; Progressive EMS-HW50C, Winegard DTV Sat, Sony/Denon 4K Home Theater, WiFiRanger EliteAC Pack, weBoost 4G-X Cell Booster.

2022 RAM 3500 Limited CC, LB, 4x4, DRW, Max Tow, Cummins HO, AISIN, 4.10, Mopar 30K w/OEM Prep, Transfer Flow 70gal Aux Tank/Toolbox.
5th_Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:23 AM   #12

Mike it's funny all the times we looked at fifth wheels and finally our Redwoood "our first 5er" we never saw one with the slides in. Only on the pdi day did they pull them in. Should have asked I know.Not that it would have changed our minds, but when the slides come in you are done moving in. Frig and bath are the only places you can access. Folds up like a swiss army knife.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:44 AM   #13

Mostly they never close them because you would go man this thing is useless and ya never been shown one that's not stacked in with a bunch of them because when you do ya go holy S..t thatc
Thing is huge and you think I'm going to pull it and park it
Old 12-09-2012, 10:43 AM   #14
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechguyjim
Mostly they never close them because you would go man this thing is useless and ya never been shown one that's not stacked in with a bunch of them because when you do ya go holy S..t thatc
Thing is huge and you think I'm going to pull it and park it

When we were shopping there were other floor plans we liked until all the slides were slid in. With the RL we could get to 1/2 the fridg, the bed and the bathroom. That was as we stopped on the road we could take a nap, get a refreshment and use the bathroom without having to find space to open the slides.
Old 12-09-2012, 03:27 PM   #15

Pulling the slides in was a requirement for our shopping, saw too many rigs where you couldn't get to anything with the slides in.
Now back to the original post, we have a king sleep number and it's a little bigger than the RV king, but we can get all the way around. We don't have a big dog, but we do have 4 cats that sometimes think they own the bed. And we too found some small glass bath room shelves, I think at Lowes, and mounted them on the wall on each side of the bed, holds the alarm clocks and mattress pad control.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:01 PM   #16

Dave, you're right. That's what I love about these RLs! Well planned out for taking a break while enroute...Edited by: 5th_Time
Mike & Pam '12 36RL, Kodiak Discs, 17.5" G114s H-Rated, SRE4000 w/HD Shackles, Joy Rider Shocks, Flex Air, 5.5 Onan, W&D, DW, 4 Scare Lights, (2) 6V Trojan T-145s; Progressive EMS-HW50C, Winegard DTV Sat, Sony/Denon 4K Home Theater, WiFiRanger EliteAC Pack, weBoost 4G-X Cell Booster.

2022 RAM 3500 Limited CC, LB, 4x4, DRW, Max Tow, Cummins HO, AISIN, 4.10, Mopar 30K w/OEM Prep, Transfer Flow 70gal Aux Tank/Toolbox.
5th_Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:00 PM   #17
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th_Time
Dave, you're right. That's what I love about these RLs! Well planned out for taking a break while enroute...

I agree with Dave and Mike...........there is plenty of room to get around the queen bed when the slide is out and the refrig, bath and bedare still accessible while traveling.

Guy

hoosierguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:50 PM   #18

Well we have the back door. Full access to the fridge and just crawl into the bed if you want Orr you can stretch out in the living room chairs and take a rest. Yup,it folds like a Swiss army knife. But I love it
Old 02-14-2013, 10:09 PM   #19

hmmm - we were getting the slide in a slide with a King, so it sounds like it will take some wierd sheets?

Here is a King with slide in a slide

Edited by: atom ant
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:42 PM   #20

It looks like the lower part is a king and the upper a queen...