Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-10-2013, 01:27 AM   #1

Maybe a new owner soon, took the wife out Saturday to look at Rushmores and Redwoods. As many of you may know she helped me make up my mind. Looks like we will be Redwood buyers soon a 36RL. I may push a little bit for the 38GK but who knows. May have several questions as we get closer to buying. This forum is really great, have already learn a lot.
Skeeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:50 AM   #2
Site Team

Welcome to the forum. There are a lot of knowledgeable and helpful folks on this forum. I know your decision to purchase a Redwood will be a rewarding one.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:11 AM   #3

Welcome to RW and the forum! We have a 36rl and love it -- it's a great floorplan -- I'm sure you'll love your RW regardless of which floorplan you decide on.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:25 AM   #4
Site Team

Skeeter, welcome to our growing Redwood family. I have a RL but like SueMar had posted, there are several great floor plans. Everybody has different ideas of what they need and how they're going to use their RV. Everybody on this forum will be happy to answer your questions, so get a drink and type away.

Happy Trails
Old 02-10-2013, 09:25 AM   #5

Skeeter,

Hope you go through with your Redwood purchase. I am a relatively new owner of a 2012 RW34SK. I joined the Forum before I purchased the rig and found it to be very valuable during my walk-thru with the dealer. Take good notes and enjoy your unit!!
Old 02-10-2013, 09:44 AM   #6
Site Team

Skeeter, no matter which floor plan you get, the following is a brief list of things to get while you negotiate the deal (in my opinion)
#1 G rated tires (safety)
#2 disk brakes (stops so much faster and less brake fade)
#3 Tri-glide pin box (I mistakenly didn't get this which I just resolved)
#4 2 group 29 batteries (bunch of light need a bunch of juice)
#5 2 a/c (these units get too hot in the summer)
#6 3 vent fans with covers ( on hot days you'll need these too, leave them open while traveling)

The rest of the options like full body paint, generator and such are personal preferences depending on how you're going to be using your rig.

good luck

Edited by: Dave&Ginny
Old 02-10-2013, 12:10 PM   #7
Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Ginny
Skeeter, no matter which floor plan you get, the following is a brief list of things to get while you negotiate the deal (in my opinion)
#1 G rated tires (safety)
#2 disk brakes (stops so much faster and less brake fade)
#3 Tri-glide pin box (I mistakenly didn't get this which I just resolved)
#4 2 group 29 batteries (bunch of light need a bunch of juice)
#5 2 a/c (these units get too hot in the summer)
#6 3 vent fans with covers ( on hot days you'll need these too, leave them open while traveling)

The rest of the options like full body paint, generator and such are personal preferences depending on how you're going to be using your rig.

good luck
</span>
</span>
Dave summed it up nicely, safety first and then the list of the things you would like to have</span>
</span>
</span>
</span>
</span>

07 Dodge 3500, Exhaust Brake, Edge Programer, Killer "B" Turbo
13 RL ALL options except Gen and W/D
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:32 PM   #8
Site Team

It's always cheaper to order what you want and negotiate with the dealer and then finance the whole amount rather than add things later. The Tri-Glide pin box I installed yesterday costs around $1300 but if I had included it on my order I think it was going to be 1/2 that amount. Thankfully it wasn't hard to put on.
Old 02-10-2013, 05:37 PM   #9

Skeeter,

Welcome to the forum, as mentioned by others yoU'll find answers to your questions, don't be afraid to ask!

I started lurking on the forum once I became interested in a RW, finally joined once I wanted to start asking questions.

We're now waiting for delivery of our 36FB, because of what I've learned form these folks we ordered our coach with confidence, that coupled with straight talk from Brad at Southern RV, a great dealer who has been awesome to work with.
Old 02-10-2013, 07:14 PM   #10

Concur with Dave. We added the wheel and tire upgrade after we purchased the coach and will be adding the tri glide before our June trip. A couple of notes. If you want satellite make sure you have it pre wired for all of the drops you want and make sure they are labeled. If you plan on ordering a 36FL, have them plumb the bathroom and washer/dryer into one grey tank and the kitchen into the other grey tank. We are having that done now as well as the factory plumbs the washer/dryer into one grey tank and the bath/kitchen into the other grey tank. I would highly recommend a DRW 350 or 3500 tow vehicle as it really adds stability and an extra degree of safety. In any event, WELCOME, and best wishes on your selection of a Redwood coach.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:30 PM   #11

Send a message via AIM to Layne & Kristie
We are looking to buy a new 2013 Redwood RL. We are dealing with Lazydays in Tampa Florida. What is the general price that we should be paying as this is our first RV. Thanks for all the help.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:41 PM   #12

I read some were on here that 35 percent of msrp was a good starting place. But don't hold me to that as I am still in the looking stage myself. Good luck.
Skeeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:56 PM   #13
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne &amp; Kristie
We are looking to buy a new 2013 Redwood RL. We are dealing with Lazydays in Tampa Florida. What is the general price that we should be paying as this is our first RV. Thanks for all the help.
The first thing you want to do is get your financing ready before you ever approach a dealer. That way you have options if the dealer starts playing games. Several people including myself bought RLs pretty much fully loaded (full body paint, dual pain windows, generator, washer/dryer, disk brakes, g rated tires............) for the 75-80k range. The msrp on a trailer like this is usually between 126-128k.

Shop around and have fun
Old 02-20-2013, 08:10 AM   #14
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne &amp; Kristie

We ordered our 2012 36RL in July 2011 and our final price was 64% of MSRP (or a 36% discount from MSRP). We ordered our unit from Tiara RV in Elkhart, Indiana. At the time, I thought that was a good price, but, I have seen on this forum that some folks have done better at other dealers.

hoosierguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:26 AM   #15
Site Team

My 2013 36RL has almost all options but Generator and WD. Has paint, G tires, 3 max fans and both living packages and a bunch more. List was around $122. I was out the door including an extended warranty on the coach and a PullRite Super Slider 18k hitch installedfor considerably under $77
Old 02-20-2013, 08:48 AM   #16

We bought our '13 RL from Lazydays in FL. We got just about everything except custom paint. MSPR was about $125,000. We paid $69,000. Getting this involved submitting our list of extras to about 6 different dealers along the east coast (we lived in VT at the time and included the 2 dealers nearby -- 1 in VT the other in MA) that forum members were happy with. I then spent around 3 days playing one against the other over the phone. The local dealers couldn't even come close to what the other dealers were offering. I'd been dealing with Lazydays since spring and was happy with the salesman there and hoping to buy from them ( They were the ONLY dealer who asked for the info from the doorpost on our truck to be sure we would be within weight limits for our TV -- no BS about "sure you can tow this with your truck." got back to me quickly with answers to my questions, contacted the factory rep and had himm answer any questions they couldn't, etc.), so I pretty much got a price from them and then dealt with the others. When we had what we thought was a good price ($75000) I called Lazydays, told them we were ready to take the other offer (a dealer in VA for a new one factory ordered with everything we wanted) or one from someone local who had one on the lot (a '12) that was almost what we wanted for $70,000,but Lazydays came through with an offer we couldn't refuse. The local dealers swore there was no way anyone could sell the unit at the price we got. We've been happy with them at and since delivery and would definitely buy there again (our salesman was Tony Burgess).
Old 02-20-2013, 08:49 AM   #17

I purchased my 2013 36 RL from Windish RV in Denver. It was loaded with full body paint, dishwasher, etc. It did not include generator and washer/dryer. I paid $68,500.00, which was 40 percent off list.
Sailorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:15 PM   #18

Hi. I really appreciate your post about Windish. We are currently negotiating with them and would really appreciate your input. Did the RV come as ordered? Any problems with the sales process at Windish? Thanks.
Oregonbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:23 PM   #19

We couldn't come to terms with Windish, so we went south to Texas even though Windish is 20 miles away from us.Edited by: atom ant
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:31 PM   #20

Could you be specific about why you couldn't come to terms with Windish? Were their prices higher, off-putting sales, etc?? Thanks.
Oregonbound is offline   Reply With Quote