Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-15-2013, 12:39 PM   #41

Lets take it private.
Old 05-15-2013, 01:20 PM   #42

As far as Redwood is concerned, what is the intervals of inspections required. My dealer did a three month check-up and I have to take it back for a five month check-up on June 3rd, I don't know what's after that. These two are alright because I have been making a list of repairs they need to do, like dresser drawers in the bedroom is warped and not closing all the way, some screws broke off or missing on all slides and the right front speaker not working on surround sound. I'm sure after my 8 day trip fishing there may be something else.
Old 05-15-2013, 01:30 PM   #43

Send a message via Yahoo to RollsRoyce

A check up and warranty inspection are 2 different things....You are required as it says on page 3 of the owner's guide to have an ANNUAL INSPECTION and specifies the items to be checked ou to keep up your warranty for 5 years...If you paid for a 3 month and a 5 month inspection I would chceck with the dealer and find out where they got this information and have them refund any money you might have paid..Sounds like goughing to me
RW36FB
RollsRoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 01:31 PM   #44

This is the plan my wife got through Good Sam's for my truck and coach, I have insurance through them as well. I almost wish the warranty was over so I want have to go between the 2/5 warranty and extended warranty from Good Sam's. I'm retired and I'm finished with mechanic work.

http://www.goodsamesp.com/whatiscovered.aspx
Old 05-15-2013, 03:18 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollsRoyce

A check up and warranty inspection are 2 different things....You are required as it says on page 3 of the owner's guide to have an ANNUAL INSPECTION and specifies the items to be checked ou to keep up your warranty for 5 years...If you paid for a 3 month and a 5 month inspection I would chceck with the dealer and find out where they got this information and have them refund any money you might have paid..Sounds like goughing to me
This is what my dealer just rote and signed my book on;

Mr Wallace,

In reply to your email, your date of purchase for you 2013 Redwood, is 12/18/12. As per Redwood warranty a maintenance schedule is required at 90 days, 5/6 month, & 11 month inspections to keep the warranty in effect. (See maintenance schedule attached).

We have you scheduled in to drop your camper off for your 5/6 month maintenance inspection on Saturday, June 1st at 9:30. Your next date would be on or around December 2nd (Monday) for your 11 month and can schedule you for that date now if you would like. Then your next follow up would be June & December of 2014.

Thank you,
Patty Smith
Primeaux RV Service Dept.
Old 05-15-2013, 03:30 PM   #46

Buddy, you mentioned this before, but I have not heard or seenthis written in any Redwood literature. Now you actually have it in writing from the dealer... Did they actually attach a Redwood maintenance schedule?

Anyone else seen this or confirmed this with Redwood?
Mike & Pam '12 36RL, Kodiak Discs, 17.5" G114s H-Rated, SRE4000 w/HD Shackles, Joy Rider Shocks, Flex Air, 5.5 Onan, W&D, DW, 4 Scare Lights, (2) 6V Trojan T-145s; Progressive EMS-HW50C, Winegard DTV Sat, Sony/Denon 4K Home Theater, WiFiRanger EliteAC Pack, weBoost 4G-X Cell Booster.

2022 RAM 3500 Limited CC, LB, 4x4, DRW, Max Tow, Cummins HO, AISIN, 4.10, Mopar 30K w/OEM Prep, Transfer Flow 70gal Aux Tank/Toolbox.
5th_Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 03:31 PM   #47

RifRaff...thanks for your post on any certified RV shop being able to do an inspection. I just confirmed that with Leonard Nielson at Crossroads. It saves me a long trip and cash. Just remember to have the book signed and copy mailed of faxed to them.
DonMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 03:56 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th_Time

Buddy, you mentioned this before, but I have not heard or seenÂ*this written in any Redwood literature.Â* Now you actually have it in writing from the dealer...Â* Did they actually attach a Redwood maintenance schedule?
Anyone else seen this or confirmed this with Redwood?
That's what they have from Redwood and being they are the only dealer in Louisiana they sell plenty, they sold 4 others the same weekend I bought. I seen the form that they sign off on with checklist. If you noticed I only go twice in 2014 before my two year warranty is over. I filled my obligation and the dealer signed of on it.
Old 05-15-2013, 04:20 PM   #49

Well our first yearly inspection is finally over. All went well except for a small puncture in the roof which allowed water to wick in and ripple the plywood. Not a manufacturing issue just an accident? I never have shoes on while on the roof and I never saw this "tiny" hole or got on my hands and knees to actually felt the entire whole roof by running my hand back and forth. There is no damage on the inside. We do not move our coach and it was delivered here at our site. Anyway the tech advised us to call our insurance company and put in a claim. We shall see what happens in the next week. I do know that the roof is thinner and more fragil than I had expected.
Old 05-15-2013, 04:55 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobys Home
Well our first yearly inspection is finally over. All went well except for a small puncture in the roof which allowed water to wick in and ripple the plywood. Not a manufacturing issue just an accident? I never have shoes on while on the roof and I never saw this "tiny" hole or got on my hands and knees to actually felt the entire whole roof by running my hand back and forth. There is no damage on the inside. We do not move our coach and it was delivered here at our site. Anyway the tech advised us to call our insurance company and put in a claim. We shall see what happens in the next week. I do know that the roof is thinner and more fragil than I had expected.
That is why I am not getting up there, 6'5" and 285 pounds, don't think so. In these inspections they can check it. The wife is already saving for the Rhino roof from Patterson as soon as the warrant is over, that's why I don't worry about it. After that it will have a maintenance free lifetime warranty.
Old 05-15-2013, 05:02 PM   #51

Hey Buddy... have you gotten an estimated cost to put the Rhino on your unit? Can you share that with us? I love the idea of replacing a thin sheet of plastic with a material that will probably still be there when the coach goes to it's final resting place.
Old 05-15-2013, 08:09 PM   #52

I thought I did something wrong, but it is thin and the Rhono solution sounds great if your roof has no problems. The water intrusion has started and now it's time to fix a vehicle that is less than a year old. Thank heavens for the inspection process and insurance.
Old 05-15-2013, 08:35 PM   #53

We took delivery of our coach last month and have had it out 3 times so far. As should be expected there were a FEW minor things that needed to be corrected, the worse was leaking around the bottom of the shower door assembly. Apparently when they laid the bottom rail there are gaps at both ends where the aluminum meets the fiberglass and RWdidn'tseal them so water was seeping under the aluminum and then dripping at a low point about 6 inches from the front end near the W/D closet. We tested it while we were there and all appears well!Total cost of repairs... $0</span>

While at the dealer I asked when I needed to come back forwarranty, one year after purchase, next spring. Asked about how close to the anniversary I needed to have the checkup, no finite dates but try to schedule as colse to the anniversary as possible, just when we return to the area,not void if it's a month or so later</span>. Cost of annual inspection... $0 BUT I should be prepared to pay to have routine work done, e.g. pack bearings, general upkeep, etc. Sounds fair to me.</span>

Now thats what I call customer service!!!

I'm very happy with my Redwood and my dealer!!
Old 05-15-2013, 08:49 PM   #54

Rifraffmake copies of these and other post about annual inspections and $0 costs and give them to your dealer
RW36FB
Old 05-15-2013, 09:19 PM   #55

OnTheRoad, That is abeautiful set up! We hope to place our order real soon and we want the same custom paint that you have on your redwood, the only difference is we will be towing with a black truck.
Old 05-15-2013, 10:17 PM   #56

Yearly inspection, I have not seen the work sheet, so I am not yet certain. I fully intend to use another dealer in the future, unless they give me excellent reasons for the COST.
Old 05-15-2013, 10:19 PM   #57

Explorer RV in Mesquite Tx says TWICE A YEAR. BOY DID I get a .Edited by: RifRaff
Old 05-15-2013, 10:23 PM   #58

Read your manual... ANNUAL within 30 days of original sign off date.
Old 05-15-2013, 10:45 PM   #59

Sue (RiffRaff) I would ask your dealer to show you something in writing saying you have 2 inspections a year when all documentations show 1 annual only
RW36FB
Old 05-16-2013, 05:25 AM   #60

My dealer has went to bat for me on some issues already and said the only thing they would charge me for in the two year warranty period is caulking the roof if needed. If they want to check it more often than Redwood requires so be it.