Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-20-2015, 09:49 PM   #1

Wireless Joey

I have a Winegard dish travler 1000. Dish is telling me that the wireless Hopper and Joey is not compatible. Any advice.....Ian
Old 01-20-2015, 10:29 PM   #2

You need to ask Winegard, not Dish. Dish doesnt have a clue.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 12:36 PM   #3

Ian,

I just went through this same ordeal myself. After doing a ton of research, I ran across this website that has schematics for multiple scenarios. Dish will NOT give you any advice other than using the 211Z receiver.

http://rvseniormoments.com/tech-docs/dish-tv-for-rvs/

I just had my Winegard Travler installed yesterday, but won't have my Hopper/Joey installed in my house until next week.

There will be some additional parts you will need to get in order for the Hopper/Joey to work in your RV. You will see those parts on this guys schematics.

Good luck....
sbenhoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 02:15 PM   #4

Thanks good information...Ian
Old 01-21-2015, 02:19 PM   #5

Ian,
I can't see why the traveler would be any different than the dish I use an a tripod. I use the hopper and connect wirelessly to LG smart tv with the Joey app. Naturally, you need a wireless lan for it to work. I can't imagine why the wireless Joey would be any different.

The only issue I had was tracking down a splitter that is shown on redwoods diagram that didn't exist. My rig was wired differently that the diagram.....and done correctly for satellite installations.

Ken
brenkco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 02:30 PM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbenhoff View Post
Ian,

I just went through this same ordeal myself. After doing a ton of research, I ran across this website that has schematics for multiple scenarios. Dish will NOT give you any advice other than using the 211Z receiver.

http://rvseniormoments.com/tech-docs/dish-tv-for-rvs/

I just had my Winegard Travler installed yesterday, but won't have my Hopper/Joey installed in my house until next week.

There will be some additional parts you will need to get in order for the Hopper/Joey to work in your RV. You will see those parts on this guys schematics.

Good luck....

Great source of information. Thanks for sharing the link.

hoosierguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 04:07 PM   #7

That is a great link sbenhoff! Thanks!

I have the Hopper Joey on the Traveler, but not wireless. I never really knew how the wireless looked until I sat your schematic link. It even has the Traveler antenna on there Ian.

Dish pretty much told me I couldn't run the Hopper Joey in an RV period. And after 8-10 calls they turned it on. You just have to get to the right person and you never know when that is going to happen.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 03:17 PM   #8

Just to close this thread off. I confirmed with winegard who confirmed it would work. The material provided by sbenhoff was right on with great material. System does required the small switching unit with it. Thanks to all who helped except dish..... Ian