Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-09-2016, 02:55 AM   #1

Send a message via Yahoo to RollsRoyce
Winter freeze

I know our Redwoods are suppose to have the winter thermal package, but should the galley water be left dripping until the freezing weather goes away and the gray and galley tanks be left open and keep the black one closed?
RW36FB
RollsRoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 03:04 AM   #2

Hey Royce,
guess you're not at ken's storage any longer ?!?

the two things that froze on our 38gk were the icemaker water line that runs OUTSIDE under the slide and up to the fridge - not nearly enough insulation on it...
second the shower valves/controls behind the shower enclosure...

I would close all sewer valves and disconnect all water and just use the pump for the time being...

good luck, but if u r stil in North texas - they said 21 for 18 hours, but it's only going to get 27 to 29 for a few hours (this time) good luck !
johnboytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 02:54 PM   #3

Was nearly 24 hear in Ga. I leave my bathroom sink dripping with both gray lines open. I have never had a problem with nearly 2 years full time. If it stays below freezing for over a day i will close all and use the fresh water tank. I have one of them self draining commercial water spigot and i use a heat tape cord on the fresh water line.
GA1817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 04:01 PM   #4

Was nearly 24 hear in Ga. I leave my bathroom sink dripping with both gray lines open. I have never had a problem with nearly 2 years full time. If it stays below freezing for over a day i will close all and use the fresh water tank. I have one of them self draining commercial water spigot and i use a heat tape cord on the fresh water line.
GA1817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 06:15 PM   #5

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA1817 View Post

buying some heat tape today and fresh insulation for hose

thanks karl b
proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 12:26 AM   #6

We are currently in the northwest part of Ohio where the temps have been below freezing for the last few days now. Sometimes in the very low 20's. We shut the ice marker line off to the frig before hand, just to save the headache during the cold. Will shut the tank valves off next week when temps are expected to drop near 0 or below. I think the biggest thing to keep in mind is if the sewer hose will hold water. As this will freeze and cause problems back up the sewer hose into the camper.
Old 12-10-2016, 02:08 AM   #7

Are you still on the RW site...I know I have sent you messages that you may not have received..Finally retired in September..Full timed in Alvarado RV park for 3 months and now have been in RV park in Canton, Tx...Just bought a lakefront property in Northshores in Emory Tx. Building a log home but will stay in I-20 RV park on I-20 in Wills Point/ Canton. I think I noticed you are not in a RW now.
RW36FB
Old 12-10-2016, 02:13 AM   #8

Last reply was for Johnboytoo
RW36FB