Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-27-2013, 01:29 PM   #1

I need to replace a window shade on our 2012 36RW. The cat decided we did not need a shade on his favorite window. I called Redwood and was told our unit is not under warranty and would have to buy a shade from a dealer. I would like to find one some where besides the dealer if possible.
j1251b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 03:53 PM   #2

John, I have no idea who manufactured these window blinds; however, I assume you have the pleated shades and not the newer MCD shades. If it is the MCD shades, you can contact them at: WWW.mcdinnovations.com or at 800-804-1757.

Now if you have the pleated shades, you'll have remove them first by opening (raising) them completely.

Next, grab the shade from both sides and gently rock them back and forth - towards you and away from you from there tops. They just click in to there mounting brackets.

Once off take a look at the top of them. They should be marked with there dimensions and a number such as W811. Give these to your dealer and he should be able to get you exact replacements.

Adamsvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 06:04 PM   #3

There are places that repair pleated shades. If it's just the material that the cat attacked, they may be able to match the material instead of having to replace the whole shade.