Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-05-2017, 01:00 PM   #1

Wifi range extenders

I've been reading up on range extenders to put on my coach to boost the signal in parks that just don't deliver a good signal. Any comments or suggestions.

Don
3D Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 01:02 AM   #2

I have a Jefa Tech Repeater with an external antenna. Maybe not the best, but reasonabily priced and does work.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 08:19 PM   #3
Site Team

I just ordered the one from Techno RV. Will report back after I get it up and running but Eric promises I'll like it.
Old 08-07-2017, 12:30 PM   #4

Thanks for sharing that information. Both these systems are similar in hardware and price.
Techno has the suction cup mount, that goes on the slide, so no hole drilling is required. That's a plus.

Piper Guy let me know how your install goes. After I get my roof replaced, that blew off in Albuquerque last month, Techno will be my next addition to the coach.

Don H
3D Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 03:42 PM   #5

I didn't drill any holes with my system. The outside Antenna is mounted off the ladder and I routed the up into the Entertainment slide thru the same hole as the Antenna, Sat coaxes and power lines, just resealed the hole when done. So my Repeater sets in the little cubby area below the Tele.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 04:45 PM   #6

I have a Techno repeater sitting in its box from last year just waiting for me to set it up and try
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 07:33 PM   #7

Have a WiFi Ranger Elite AC - which is an expensive and sophisticated device. But so far, every campground WiFi has been so slow and overwhelmed that it was unusable after boosting. My opininon - don't waste your money boosting reception of something dead slow.

Also, the cell booster improvement devices also give very marginal improvement.

My best improvement was upgrading to my Verizon MiFi 7730 and using dual short roof mounted MiMo antenas.
Mike & Pam '12 36RL, Kodiak Discs, 17.5" G114s H-Rated, SRE4000 w/HD Shackles, Joy Rider Shocks, Flex Air, 5.5 Onan, W&D, DW, 4 Scare Lights, (2) 6V Trojan T-145s; Progressive EMS-HW50C, Winegard DTV Sat, Sony/Denon 4K Home Theater, WiFiRanger EliteAC Pack, weBoost 4G-X Cell Booster.

2022 RAM 3500 Limited CC, LB, 4x4, DRW, Max Tow, Cummins HO, AISIN, 4.10, Mopar 30K w/OEM Prep, Transfer Flow 70gal Aux Tank/Toolbox.
5th_Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 12:53 AM   #8

I have the Techno RV unit. It is mounted with ty raps on the ladder. One thing to note with all units you need a "line of sight". Last winter where we stayed i had lousy reception even with the unit. I called the tech center they asked if i could raise the antenna so attached it to the top of our flag pole. WOW what a difference. It will help from just using your lap top but you really need line of sight.
2015 38 GK
Cheryl & Wayne
ted 95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 02:07 PM   #9
Site Team

I promised a reply ~ a resounding yes to the Alfa CampPro WiFi booster from Techno RV. Please note that you can find it about $25-30 cheaper elsewhere, but if you buy it from Techno, you get both a video link and a hard copy install from Eric (owner of Techno) that makes setup very easy. If you did it with the instructions that come with the package you could probably do it but would waste a LOT of time.
Very noticeable difference in signal. yes, it will still slow down when the park is full, but at other times it saves me a lot of data on the MiFi.

WeBoost cell signal booster. If you're in the fringe areas, well worth the $$$ . Where we are we have 1 bar of signal, maybe, and slow 3G. Installed the WeBoost and we now have 2-3 bars and a pretty solid 4G. I'm happy with it.