Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-07-2018, 07:57 PM   #1

When its all over, what will you do?

When its all over for you as a fulltime RVer, and you can no longer drive or travel all over the country each year, like so many fulltimers seem to enjoy doing, what will you do? Will you give up the RVing lifestyle altogether and move back into a bricks and mortar house, or group hosing for the retired, etc. or will you continue to live out your days in the comfort of your beautiful Redwood Fiver? Say in an RV resort, or maybe even on a piece of private property?

My battle with stage 4 neck and throat cancer pretty much clipped our wings as far as being able to travel as a part of our RV lifestyle, so we've become what is know as stationary RVers, living in the Redwood year round in the same campsite. Thank goodness that the site includes being a part of both our our fulltime jobs with the state. But when the time comes that we must retire and as long as we both still have the good health to do so, we want to continue living out our days in the comfort of our RW 36FB. I would love nothing more than to be able to find a small amount of acreage (1.5-3 acres) in a nice safe area where we could put in electric, a well, and a septic tank, in addition to up to a 24-30 foot wide by 45 foot long RV carport with a full concrete slab for a floor, and an enclosed family room/garage in one side of the cover and permanent parking space for our Redwood in the other side. Maybe even build a nice horse stable or garage next to it. Why should one have to give up a perfectly good (and beautiful) living space, kitchen, bathroom, and bedroom in the RV? Especially if you are very comfortable living in it year round, just to have to go back into a site built house that you don't really want or need!
Eaton Fuller Super 10-speed Transmission
ET Senior Fifthwheel Hitch,articulating air ride pin box
Resident Lead Host @ Ross Prairie Trailhead & Campground
Gary Hage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 10:15 PM   #2

I think I'll eventually end up with my 5er in MN likely on a lake site and a park model in a rv resort located in a snowbird state like AZ. That will be when my towing days are over.
Kajohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 11:37 PM   #3

We have our Redwood for sale as we bought a small house in a 55+ resort in Az, love it. Its a good place to be if some day one or both of us health starts failing, close to Tucson & Phoenix. Have been talking about finding a cooler summer spot to park the RW, it's just that we can't make up our mind as to where that would/could be. We have kids/grandkids in the Texas panhandle & the Seattle area, both of which we have NO desire to stay more than a week or two. So until we figure some place to go our RW is still for sale & we'll travel in the summer.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote