Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 06-23-2014, 09:22 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,856
Wheels

In another thread welcoming a new member, Brad posted a couple of tire/wheel combos. This is one of those pics. I just noticed that my dealer put the G614s on this wheel. Is the concern weight carrying capacity or rated tire pressure, or both?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Red wood tire wheel combo.jpg (75.1 KB, 11 views)
__________________
2012 F350 KR CC DRW w/ some stuff
2013 36FL
Cindy and Tom, Toby and Kasey (our Berner and Newfie)
Oh...I forgot the five kids.
spindrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 09:44 PM   #2
Site Team
 
piper guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,802
Check the back of the wheel. It's what the wheel is rated for. Also may be stamped on front near valve stem. Max tire pressure on the G614's is 110 psi. Some of the "E" wheels will handle this, some only 100 psi. If the 100 wheel ~ ............... you probably need to go to other wheels.
__________________
Vaughan & Tracy 2013 RW 36RL, 2013 F350 DRW CC, 2016 Focus. MorRyde IS, MorRyde pinbox, disc brakes, Comfort Ride Hitch. "Life is to be embraced, Grab it with both arms ! "
piper guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 05:01 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
atom ant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 7,101
As Vaughan said, check the back of the wheel to be sure. Try to find the brand name as well.

Assuming it is a T-03 as pictured here through Tredit

http://www.tredittire.com/T03-P53.aspx

it is only rated for 3,580 lbs., which is fine on a 7K axle, but you lose the full advantage of the G614 load rating of 3,750. Pressure is not listed in Tredit spec, so I would verify they can take 110 psi. by checking in the back.

Tough decision as to whether you should replace them or not now because done is done, but just know what your limitations are for those wheels based on rated load and pressure. The tire is 3750 lbs @ 110 psi.
__________________
Brad & Dory - Lone Tree, CO
CURRENT - 2013 Itasca Meridian 42E/2013 Wrangler 4dr Sahara
SOLD - 2014 Redwood 36RL/2014 F350 DRW
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 05:09 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,856
Thanks fellers.
__________________
2012 F350 KR CC DRW w/ some stuff
2013 36FL
Cindy and Tom, Toby and Kasey (our Berner and Newfie)
Oh...I forgot the five kids.
spindrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 05:32 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Radio_Flyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 448
Had another Montana come in this past weekend with a Marathon E blow out and side skirt damaged. That was the final scare for me. Ordered new wheels and tires from Trailer Tires and Wheels in Ohio this morning. Went for the 17.5s and GY G114s. My wheels wouldn't handle the G614s so it was new wheels anyway. Great folks to deal with. Get them on this weekend before our Alabama trip.
__________________
Skip & Patty
2013 Redwood 36RL
2015 Ram 3500 Laramie CC DRW 4x4 (Bertha)
USN Retired

Radio_Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 07:56 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
johnboytoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,054
And you should have no trouble selling the g's to those that have the st tires on any NUMBER of forums

getting rid of the st's tires was the first thing I did on my previous 5er...
__________________
Ours: '11 Monaco Diplomat 43DFT followed closely by '14 Jeep 4 dr Wrangler.
Hers: '13 Explorer Sport - AWD 365hp twin turbo scooter!
Previous: '13 Ford F350 CC Platinum and '13 38GK
johnboytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 08:02 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
atom ant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 7,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio_Flyer View Post
Had another Montana come in this past weekend with a Marathon E blow out and side skirt damaged. That was the final scare for me. Ordered new wheels and tires from Trailer Tires and Wheels in Ohio this morning. Went for the 17.5s and GY G114s. My wheels wouldn't handle the G614s so it was new wheels anyway. Great folks to deal with. Get them on this weekend before our Alabama trip.
If they didn't balance them, get them balanced. Those are heavy tires and when they bounce, look out!

Lug Centric balance too.
__________________
Brad & Dory - Lone Tree, CO
CURRENT - 2013 Itasca Meridian 42E/2013 Wrangler 4dr Sahara
SOLD - 2014 Redwood 36RL/2014 F350 DRW
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 08:08 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Radio_Flyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 448
Thanks, will make sure they are balanced, from what I ordered, they should come balanced, open plug, steel valve stems, powder coated lugs. Hope to install them this weekend if all goes well. And planning on selling my old ones, at least someone can use the wheels.
__________________
Skip & Patty
2013 Redwood 36RL
2015 Ram 3500 Laramie CC DRW 4x4 (Bertha)
USN Retired

Radio_Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 08:47 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
atom ant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 7,101
My buddy and I both sold our wheels in 1 day on Craigs List, mine brand new and his used so I would say you shouldn't have a problem selling them.

However, in discussion with my buddy we determined our buyer was the same guy . He tells a good story to negotiate price, but in reality he is a Russian fella that makes a living flipping RV trailers.
__________________
Brad & Dory - Lone Tree, CO
CURRENT - 2013 Itasca Meridian 42E/2013 Wrangler 4dr Sahara
SOLD - 2014 Redwood 36RL/2014 F350 DRW
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 09:41 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Radio_Flyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 448
As long as he will pay, I'm good with that :-)
__________________
Skip & Patty
2013 Redwood 36RL
2015 Ram 3500 Laramie CC DRW 4x4 (Bertha)
USN Retired

Radio_Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 10:00 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
atom ant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 7,101
Oh I was good with it, but just saying our 1 day sales may not be a representative sample across the country . I've sold this fella much more since then.
__________________
Brad & Dory - Lone Tree, CO
CURRENT - 2013 Itasca Meridian 42E/2013 Wrangler 4dr Sahara
SOLD - 2014 Redwood 36RL/2014 F350 DRW
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 12:31 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
NW Snowbirds's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 299
Send a message via AIM to NW Snowbirds
"Assuming it is a T-03 as pictured here through Tredit

http://www.tredittire.com/T03-P53.aspx

it is only rated for 3,580 lbs., which is fine on a 7K axle, but you lose the full advantage of the G614 load rating of 3,750. Pressure is not listed in Tredit spec, so I would verify they can take 110 psi. by checking in the back."

I phoned Tredit and they said the T03 8 lug wheel can handle 110psi but you cannot increase the wheel loading. This means I will upgrade to an F or G rated tire when my E tires are worn out. I have had no issues with the E rated Marathons thru 10,000 miles, but I would prefer a little more sidewall strength as safety.
__________________
2012 Redwood 31SL chasing 2013 GMC 2500HD Duramax SRW
NW Snowbirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 12:39 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
atom ant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 7,101
Get it in writing!

Tredit bought me new wheels because they said my old Montana wheels would handle 110 psi and they put it in an email. 5 years later they changed their mind after I was just about to put a second set of G614s on. I got 4 spanking new T-04s out of the deal.

I wouldn't run the ST tires beyond Dealer to a tire dealer, but that's me. Actually had a guy next to me blow his ST last year and left half his tread on my rental car hood as I pulled over.
__________________
Brad & Dory - Lone Tree, CO
CURRENT - 2013 Itasca Meridian 42E/2013 Wrangler 4dr Sahara
SOLD - 2014 Redwood 36RL/2014 F350 DRW
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 06:24 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
Oriana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by atom ant View Post
My buddy and I both sold our wheels in 1 day on Craigs List, mine brand new and his used so I would say you shouldn't have a problem selling them.

However, in discussion with my buddy we determined our buyer was the same guy . He tells a good story to negotiate price, but in reality he is a Russian fella that makes a living flipping RV trailers.
Chap that bought mine was Eastern European, maybe the same one Long way for tires though.
__________________

Andy & Judi, Canine Companions Duke & Kona
2012 F350 Lariat CC SRW Airlift 5000 |2013 RW 36FL Winegard Trav'ler
Travel Blog: www.andyandjudi.com
Oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 06:27 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
Oriana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by atom ant View Post
Get it in writing!

Tredit bought me new wheels because they said my old Montana wheels would handle 110 psi and they put it in an email. 5 years later they changed their mind after I was just about to put a second set of G614s on. I got 4 spanking new T-04s out of the deal.

I wouldn't run the ST tires beyond Dealer to a tire dealer, but that's me. Actually had a guy next to me blow his ST last year and left half his tread on my rental car hood as I pulled over.
That's as far as I went on the Marathons - dealer to home and then commercial tire shop.
__________________

Andy & Judi, Canine Companions Duke & Kona
2012 F350 Lariat CC SRW Airlift 5000 |2013 RW 36FL Winegard Trav'ler
Travel Blog: www.andyandjudi.com
Oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 11:57 AM   #16
Senior Member
 
RifRaff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 286
Put 'H' 17.5 on 2012 FL, also CHGED spare. Tires and rims deliver $2700.00. Tires rated @ 4800 lbs per tire. Air pressure 125 psi. Now as to the AXLES,
Can anybody tell me where they had them installed and the price?
__________________
2010 DURAMAX 4x4 Crew Cab Redwood, 36FL with the BEST PERSON in the WORLD; my REDHEADED LADY!
RifRaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 12:55 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,856
Quote:
Originally Posted by RifRaff View Post
Put 'H' 17.5 on 2012 FL, also CHGED spare. Tires and rims deliver $2700.00. Tires rated @ 4800 lbs per tire. Air pressure 125 psi. Now as to the AXLES,
Can anybody tell me where they had them installed and the price?
Where did you make the purchase?
__________________
2012 F350 KR CC DRW w/ some stuff
2013 36FL
Cindy and Tom, Toby and Kasey (our Berner and Newfie)
Oh...I forgot the five kids.
spindrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 03:55 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
0nTheRoad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,092
Quote:
Originally Posted by RifRaff View Post
Now as to the AXLES, Can anybody tell me where they had them installed and the price?
I ordered the 8K axles from the factory when we had the RW built.
__________________
SOB
0nTheRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 02:33 AM   #19
Traveling
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 910
Really bummed, just learned that we only have 7K axles on the RW and for some reason, thought they had gone to a standard 8K from the factory on new rigs. Really disappointed and we are checking our paperwork. ALSO, we have the same, small, "E" 235 80 R16's-rated spare that was mentioned earlier. I am not sure if that is something we can fight or not. How can they safely give you a lower rated tire weight-wise? Even to just get the coach off of the the road, I don't get it. Our tires are NOT balanced but they are G614's.
TNTBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 03:29 AM   #20
Site Team
 
Dave&Ginny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 5,379
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTBaker View Post
Really bummed, just learned that we only have 7K axles on the RW and for some reason, thought they had gone to a standard 8K from the factory on new rigs. Really disappointed and we are checking our paperwork. ALSO, we have the same, small, "E" 235 80 R16's-rated spare that was mentioned earlier. I am not sure if that is something we can fight or not. How can they safely give you a lower rated tire weight-wise? Even to just get the coach off of the the road, I don't get it. Our tires are NOT balanced but they are G614's.


Sorry to hear about you're disappointment. On the bright side, I had to pay extra to get the G rated tires (I did get 5) and now they come standard. My last truck was a 2011 F350 with 20 inch tires but the spare was only 17 inch. I guess it's becoming standard practice.
__________________
SOB "The RV Wiseguy"
Dave&Ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Redwood RV or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×