Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-24-2019, 01:11 AM   #1

What the heck is up with the 2019 gray water?

Do not say I am crazy...my wife does.

I have a 2019 3951WB; there are two gray tank T-handles and one black tank T-handle. (Still sane so far.) Was checking to see which tanks holds what gray water since the RV has four sinks, washer, 1 shower and of course the toilet. (I opened the first gray tank T-handle and systematically determine which sinks drained into it as well as the second gray tank (Still sane so far). EXCEPT one bathroom sink did not drain into any gray tank. Here is where the wife says I am crazy because one sink drains into the black tank. What was the Redwood thinking?

Have a few ten other head scratchers to figure, such as is it a feature for the landing gear to collapse on my truck when releasing the RV from the hitch after extending the legs properly?
RW3951WB19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 01:24 AM   #2

The 1 sink into the black could be normal depending on the floor plan, not familiar with yours, in relation to the location of the grey tanks. If they had to run the length of the RW to dump 1 sink into the closest grey tank wouldn't happen.
IMHO having the small amount of water from 1 sink draining into the black would be a non issue, the extra water may be beneficial.
Now if the shower or wash machine drained into the black that would be back to dealer to be replumbed ASAP.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 04:08 PM   #3

Seen a few rigs that one sink drains into the black tank....sometimes elevations of drain pipes make it necessary.....also seen actual reasoning stated by manufacturer that the extra amount of waste water helps the black tank stay "fluid"...aids in dumping and keeping tank cleaner...one small sink adds so little to the black tank...nothing to worry about...Wes
wintertree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 06:01 PM   #4

landing gear issue ?

Not sure what you are asking about the landing gear....maybe clarify so the forum could give you an answer (or I am being just dumb....) The landing gear further compresses when off the truck hitch ?...Wes
Old 02-24-2019, 06:14 PM   #5

Redwood is not the only one to run drains to a different than expected tank. Some have a grey tank just for the washer/ washer prep. If you don't put in a washer then the 2nd grey of 40 to 45 gallons doesn't get used at all, when they expect to have 80 to 90 gallons of capacity. Not unusual.

2012 36RL, Full Body Paint, Dual Awning, Dual a/c, Splendide Combo, Fisher Paykel dishwasher, 6.5kW Onan, Goodyear G614's. 2015 F550 6.7l, 4X4, Lariat, CC, 176" WB, Long Box, B&W Companion
r time soon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 06:19 PM   #6

regarding your landing gear legs collapsing it could be a sign of a hydraulic leak. Check the bottom of the cylinders and the sand pads to see if any hydraulic fluid is leaking there. Others have used the Racing Fork Fluid ( Antistiction fluid ) in their reservoir to help with the popping and creaking of the jacks.

See the attached Lippert sheet for details.

2012 36RL, Full Body Paint, Dual Awning, Dual a/c, Splendide Combo, Fisher Paykel dishwasher, 6.5kW Onan, Goodyear G614's. 2015 F550 6.7l, 4X4, Lariat, CC, 176" WB, Long Box, B&W Companion
r time soon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 11:01 PM   #7

If your landing gear is dropping, what about the other jacks once disconnected & leveled?
If you don't find any leaks it may just be air in the system. With all the jacks up/all slides in check the fluid reservoir by the batteries, the fluid should be filled to within 1/4 to 1/2" from the opening, once filled to proper level run the slides in/out & jacks up/down a few times to work the air out.
The fluid used should be 15w motorcycle fork oil. As per the factory techs, use a turkey baster to remove 1 quart of the original fluid & replace with the fork oil, operate hydraulics to mix oil.
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
Old 02-25-2019, 04:53 PM   #8

It's not a case of trying to Auto Level without pulling the TV away is it?? As the front of the RW will drop down before starting the auto level cycle.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 05:36 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by wintertree View Post
Not sure what you are asking about the landing gear....maybe clarify so the forum could give you an answer (or I am being just dumb....) The landing gear further compresses when off the truck hitch ?...Wes
We picked up our new RV on February 20th and headed back to the campgrounds. Set the wheel chocks and extended the front legs (landing gear) to remove the RV from the truck. I looked to ensure legs were on the ground and there was clearance with the pin to pull the truck out. As soon as the RV's pin box cleared the hitch, the RV set down on the truck's railings (6-inch drop). The RV's front legs compressed down. There was no visible fluid leak on any of the legs (6 of them) or any of the hoses around or the hydraulic pump. Was able to nurse the RV with the up button to get the RV off the truck and pull it out of the way. Was able to "auto level" the RV but a contractor's level show the RV is not level. Is there a way to retrain the hydraulic system?
Old 02-25-2019, 07:45 PM   #10

Send a message via AIM to NW Snowbirds
Sounds like air in the system. Run the jacks and slides in and out about 10 times which should eliminate the air.
Old 02-25-2019, 08:31 PM   #11

[QUeOTE=NW Snowbirds;82836]Sounds like air in the system. Run the jacks and slides in and out about 10 times which should eliminate the air.[/QUOTE]

Be sure the fluid reservoir is full before doing this or it'll just be a waste of time.
Yes, there's a recalibration procedure either in your manuals or online. Be sure to level it to your liking from the manual mode before doing the recalibration.
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
Old 02-26-2019, 06:41 PM   #12

No sir. Lowered the front legs to height to pull the truck out.
Old 02-26-2019, 06:49 PM   #13

Going to spend some time this afternoon to see what is going on. The rear legs are not leveling the rear of the RV. Can tell because the toilet water is leaning to the outside wall. I have 4 inches of leveling blocks under the leg's pad and it still does not level. Will probably have to take back for warranty.
Old 02-26-2019, 07:45 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by RW3951WB19 View Post
We picked up our new RV on February 20th and headed back to the campgrounds. Set the wheel chocks and extended the front legs (landing gear) to remove the RV from the truck. I looked to ensure legs were on the ground and there was clearance with the pin to pull the truck out. As soon as the RV's pin box cleared the hitch, the RV set down on the truck's railings (6-inch drop). The RV's front legs compressed down. There was no visible fluid leak on any of the legs (6 of them) or any of the hoses around or the hydraulic pump. Was able to nurse the RV with the up button to get the RV off the truck and pull it out of the way. Was able to "auto level" the RV but a contractor's level show the RV is not level. Is there a way to retrain the hydraulic system?
OUCH !!...Scary....Lift till you see a small gap between hitch plate and pin box plate....should be no weight on the truck....not sure how it could fall if it was not actually sitting on the hitch....suspect ...you may have thought it was up and it wasen't....I am in the same boat...I unhooked mine for the first time and had to mess up and down till I was sure it was up off the hitch but not enough to jam things....Your jaw release lever should activate easily when you are in that sweet spot....Old news to the experienced owners out there....Any damage ?
Wes
Old 03-02-2019, 04:11 PM   #15

I agree with NW Snowbirds. Air in the system will cause this.

Retired and happy
Mike & Lizzy
2013 36FB Black & Silver w/ 2018 F350 Lariat LWB DRW Powerstroke
mjdcwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 11:05 PM   #16

Funny because we had to test things out to see what was routed where. When we first got our unit. I really don’t think having more water in Black will hurt.
next chapter is offline   Reply With Quote