Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2018, 09:07 PM   #1

What happened to the Redwood 36FB?

I was very disappointed when I recently learned that Redwood is no longer building their 36FB floorplan. We have a 2013 36FB that was built in December, 2012 (Pin #3103) and ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!! When we were ready to buy our fulltiming RV in 2013, DRV's Mobile Suite was #1 on our list, followed by the Redwood. MS had a very similar floorplan to the 36FB at the time, and there seemed to only be about $10-15K pricing differential between the two,Redwood being the less expensive. Upon walking through many of both DRV's and Redwood's products at Lazydays RV, Redwood's quality blew the socks off of the Mobile Suites we looked at when it came to the interior decor, finishing touches and construction of the interior woodwork, (cabinetry, trim, etc.) exterior finish (full body paint job), window coverings, etc. The utilities area in the Redwood was much more accessible in the 36FB verses RV's comparable floorplan, when it come to getting to the many components and plumbing/wiring to work on if needed. Not saying that RV builds an inferior product here. There was just a very noticeable difference in the quality control at the time.

Getting back to the title of this thread; The 36FB, and DRV's comparable floorplan seemed to be very popular choices amongst the RV buyers at the time. Yet today you cannot replace it with a new one. Does anyone know why Redwood chose to discontinue building the 36B? I cannot even find where DRV is building their floorplan anymore that was comparable to it. I truly wanted to stay with Redwood (Thor) products, but am not interested in any of the current floorplans being built by RW. Don't know what we are going to do now, except to keep the one we have for long term. Hopefully by having it always parked under the RV carport the state provided at our lead host site will add to its life expectancy. Figure we will need about 20-25 years of service out of it before we are to old to manage a campground and live in an RV fulltime.
Gary Hage is offline   Reply With Quote