Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-21-2014, 01:47 AM   #1

What happend to Jeff ??

Dropped off the rig today in Denver at Windish for a list of warranty stuff. Asked the service writer if he knew of this forum. No. I said it would be to their benefit to check every once and a while. Also caught up with the young salesman that sold us the unit and asked him if he knew of the forum, no, and suggested he follow as well.

Should get the coach back in about 2-3 weeks since they had all the parts all ready ordered.

I tried to explain the link between the factory, the dealership and the customer and that there are real people out there that are discussing this product and they should be a real part of that discussion. Hopefully, they will see that the end user has some awesome input into the product both from what should come from the factory and what should come from the folks that modify their rigs.

I sure hope that all involved, from beginning to end can make this a true 4 season, baby boomer rig.

BTW, there is still snow on Freemont pass, and going through the tunnels on I-70 was very cool !!!

2014 38GK, disc brakes, MorRyde SRE 4000, 2-Yamaha 2000 gennys, G14's, dual awnings, Progressive EMS.
2014 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW with Luverne Bull Bar and skid plate.
coloradolivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 02:37 AM   #2

Stopping by Windish Thurs. to get a replacement microwave. Ty the service rep has been bending over backward to keep us happy on our 38GK.After the microwave is complete we are headed to Grand Lake Co. for the Memorial Weekend. Hope the weather holds out OK.
jhardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 03:11 AM   #3

I ordered my 38gk from Windish last week.
Full timers Oct 2014
Ramblin Roadrunners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 03:36 AM   #4
S&K

Jeff is probably staying in the background, or.. I hope he is.

Coloradolivin', I like your view that WE as Redwood owners have a great impact on the success of a very successful company. Keeping everyone in the loop will help build not only better units, but better relations between dealerships, service centers, manufacturers of components and factory reps.

If Redwood keeps listening to the needs of their customers, they will have a steady base of growth and expansion that they are looking for.

2014 RW36FB
2014 F-350 CC DRW, 25K Reese, Roll-n-Loc, Rhino Liner
'Half-timer' - Full time retired, tho!
Ken & Shelley
S&K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 07:49 AM   #5

Mine goes in to Windish today for some minor work as my parts are in.

Coloradolivin, curious why you are taking it in before the parts get there?

I had to laugh, then cry. I spent all last year trying to recaulk a replacement slide seal I installed in a campground last spring. It was a factory seal I got from a Dealer in South Dakota, and so was the Sikaflex caulking they gave me. Didn't stick..........
Tried proflex, didn't stick.........
Tried exterior DAP, didn't stick........
Tried Windish during the annual inspection and I thought they had it...... pulled up tonight and the friggin seal is trailing out the back of the slide like a tail on a rat!

Time for some magenta .22 loads in my Hilti Ramset!
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 01:54 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom ant View Post

I had to laugh, then cry. I spent all last year trying to recaulk a replacement slide seal I installed in a campground last spring. It was a factory seal I got from a Dealer in South Dakota, and so was the Sikaflex caulking they gave me. Didn't stick..........
Tried Windish during the annual inspection and I thought they had it...... pulled up tonight and the friggin seal is trailing out the back of the slide like a tail on a rat!

I would think a tech at Redwood/Crossroads would be able to tell you exactly what caulk they use at the factory when they install the seals. They will be replacing 2 of my upper seals at the service center so it will be interesting to see how they caulk them and what they use. I can assure you that Alpha Ply roof caulking is not what you should use, contrary to what a Crossroads dealer thought!
Rick and Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 02:44 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom ant View Post

Dang, that is frustrating !! They had all the parts there, made the appointment long time ago. Told him to keep it until it is done, he said maybe couple weeks

2014 38GK, disc brakes, MorRyde SRE 4000, 2-Yamaha 2000 gennys, G14's, dual awnings, Progressive EMS.
Old 05-21-2014, 02:46 PM   #8

Maybe Lexel ??

Old 05-21-2014, 02:51 PM   #9

Coloradolivin, Can you do a different picture of your RV. It looks broke with the front landing gear on the ground. DW keeps asking me if it is broke. LOL
Full timers Oct 2014
Old 05-21-2014, 03:46 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramblin Roadrunners View Post
Coloradolivin, Can you do a different picture of your RV. It looks broke with the front landing gear on the ground. DW keeps asking me if it is broke. LOL
I sure can !! My parking pad is level, but it is on a slope so it looks kinda weird !!

Old 05-21-2014, 03:50 PM   #11

How's this ??

Old 05-21-2014, 03:59 PM   #12

Now I understand. Nice picture of your rig.
Full timers Oct 2014
Old 05-21-2014, 08:06 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick and Mindy View Post
I would think a tech at Redwood/Crossroads would be able to tell you exactly what caulk they use at the factory when they install the seals. They will be replacing 2 of my upper seals at the service center so it will be interesting to see how they caulk them and what they use. I can assure you that Alpha Ply roof caulking is not what you should use, contrary to what a Crossroads dealer thought!
Believe me, I'm having nightmares of those pictures I saw with the lap sealant all over that seal

Windish fixed a couple of other seals last month during the annual, and the clear stuff they used is still working. I think they just missed the upper seal. I'll have to ask them what they used. Maybe it was my prep with alcohol that made it not stick.
Old 05-21-2014, 08:08 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradolivin View Post
Dang, that is frustrating !! They had all the parts there, made the appointment long time ago. Told him to keep it until it is done, he said maybe couple weeks
Ya, looks like the 30th on mine. They are swamped trying to get Memorial Day folks out.
Old 05-21-2014, 09:23 PM   #15

Yea, they were swamped--I was there for about an hour and they delivered three units, not RW, but others. Also, there were two ahead of me, and another behind coming in. Only saw three RW on their lot and asked the salesman how they were moving and he said really well and he just ordered one for someone that am. What all are u having done ??

Old 05-21-2014, 11:40 PM   #16

Pretty simple on mine - replace cracked fender, replace lift rods on the outside cabinet door (got weak and slams shut), and shim or rebuild the door frame to the bedroom - after we put the washer/dryer in, the slide extends and the door opening is about 1/2" too wide and it won't latch.

Not to mention the haunted slide seal that resurrected itself on the way there.

I only saw two RW this morning, but may have driven by too fast. A non-painted one was at the service side, maybe that was the third new one, and someone's black and tan was being worked.
Old 05-22-2014, 12:38 AM   #17

Our list is mostly little stuff. But like you, street side fender, upper refer vent, install new ATS and the fireplace. Big ticket item is I want them to fix my roof to original. The repair done in Corpus was sufficient, but not to my liking. Hope they have a good paint guy !! They sub it out, but he said this guy was really good.

Old 05-22-2014, 01:06 AM   #18

hope so too - I think they have to cut my fender and send it out for paint as well. What is a ATS?

Anymore of this 6 tornados and foot deep hail and we'll both be looking at new roofs!!
Old 05-22-2014, 02:04 AM   #19

Yea, saw the weather you guys had today and hoped that we were either in the shop or spared the hail !! Hope you guys did ok.

I am hoping that they install the fender, then have the painter paint it so the lines match.

The ATS is the Automatic Transfer Switch the changes from shore power to genset when the genny is fired. We don't have a genny, but when we had the electrical prob, it fried the ATS.

Old 05-22-2014, 03:59 PM   #20

Ah, thanks on the ATS. I should have known that.

Any chance the ATS was the source of the problem? They (Iota brand) were recalled by Keystone on our last rig, as they lugs would loosen and cause a fire, or the neutral would slip off.