Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-19-2017, 07:05 PM   #1

Water pump quit working

Water pump won't pump water from fresh water tank when not connected to city water. We drained both hot and cold lines with the pump off. Then turned the pump on and turned faucets on. Not more than a drip then that stopped. Any ideas on this ? We have a 17 RW. 3921 GKL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Barnjess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 07:53 PM   #2

Being that this is a '17 MY, have you ever used the onboard water tank? Can you hear the pump run?
Oh...I forgot the five kids.
spindrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 08:29 PM   #3

There is a by-pass valve near the pump for winterizing. Make sure that it is open not closed. Mine was closed from the factory. Also check the cap on the winterizing hose in the convience center. That cap has to be very tight not to leak air into the system.
Old 09-19-2017, 09:22 PM   #4

It has worked in the past. We think we may need to Prime it. Seems hubby ran it (the pump) while hooked up to city water trying to get more pressure. So I guess I should have asked how to Prime it.

Old 09-19-2017, 09:47 PM   #5

Does it make noise like it is trying? Never had to prime one...
Old 09-19-2017, 10:22 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtasee View Post
Does it make noise like it is trying? Never had to prime one...

Yes it does

Old 09-19-2017, 10:47 PM   #7

It should not be a problem running it while attached to city. It sounds like it is not getting supply. I had a problem with the cap I mentioned above and the valve near the pump. Also check to see if the red lever (in the convience center) for the water heater by-pass got bumped and it is running through by-pass. If you were trying to get more pressure through the city side, I would also check for a restriction in the water filter.

I am sure you tried purging the air through the hot water heater and other lines after draining and making sure there is enough water in the tank for pick-up.
Old 09-20-2017, 12:29 AM   #8
Site Team

Mine quit working when I was winterizing last winter. On a whim, not really thinking I could fix it, I took it out (easy to do) and took the end off of it.
There was a flat circular disc and I pressed on it. It was a valve that was stuck and it came loose.
Reinstalled and it worked and is still working.
Old 09-20-2017, 04:57 AM   #9

We took the filter lot cleaned it and now it works great. When we get to a 'city " we will replace the filter. Thanks so much for all the help. This is a great group. I hope some day to be able to return the advice we've received from you. Safe travels.

Old 09-20-2017, 05:04 PM   #10
Site Team

The filter is common and you can get most anywhere like Lowes, Home Depot, etc. amazon too. Lots of different types, I carry a couple different ones depending on the water were getting into coach.