Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-20-2015, 02:05 PM   #1

water pump

water pump will not come on when switchs or turned on
gman020539 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 02:56 PM   #2

Two things to check; if the valve inside the closet down on the bottom is turned, the pump will cycle for a second and that is it. if you are hooked to city water, 15-20lbs of water pressure will keep the pump from coming on. More than likely when it was winterized the valve was not turned back. It is on the floor inside the panel going to the pump.
USN Retired

Radio_Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 12:28 AM   #3

Well I the opposite problem. New unit that I haven't had the chance to use yet. I've ran water out the sinks several times and the switches are off. I don't hear a pump running but after 2 or 3 gallons. I've yet to hook it up to water. How ever much the dealer placed in the tank is all it has. Tank shows empty. I'm worried that it's running all the time, are the pumps that quiet? It's at the dealer now but I don't know if their doing anything about the pump. It's there for brakes and bearings. Anyone had these symptoms? Where is the pump on a 2014 38fl?
Moland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 02:03 AM   #4

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moland View Post
Well I the opposite problem. New unit that I haven't had the chance to use yet. I've ran water out the sinks several times and the switches are off. I don't hear a pump running but after 2 or 3 gallons. I've yet to hook it up to water. How ever much the dealer placed in the tank is all it has. Tank shows empty. I'm worried that it's running all the time, are the pumps that quiet? It's at the dealer now but I don't know if their doing anything about the pump. It's there for brakes and bearings. Anyone had these symptoms? Where is the pump on a 2014 38fl?
for one thing if you get water out of the faucet without hooked to city hose your pump is working. Normally if it is quiet in the trailer you can hear it come on.the pump will only engage when the water tap is turned on. Your pump is in the basement behind the back wall
Old 07-17-2015, 02:19 AM   #5

Are these pumps made to come on even without the switch on if you open the faucet.
Old 07-17-2015, 03:38 AM   #6

The water pump on the 38 FL is behind the rear panel in the basement storage compartment where the access door is for the water filter.
Our pump will not run unless it is turned on, but it does have two switches, one on the panel in the pantry and one in the docking area where the water hose connects.
If either pump switch is turned on the water pump will run, maybe the outside pump switch is turned on?
17.5 Goodyear G114's, RV Armor Roof
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Curt Q24 Hitch

rob_fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 06:36 AM   #7

The switch in docking area is very easily turned on, I do it about every time when connecting cable tv.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 01:25 PM   #8

When the switch in the docking area is flipped the light on the switch on the control panel lights up. Is this the norm. No matter which way the two switches are water will still come out. I'll know tomorrow if the dealer figured it out. Thanks fire the responses.
Old 07-17-2015, 04:08 PM   #9

Correct on the light. That's how I find out I left the one on down in the docking station sometimes.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote