Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-27-2014, 07:18 PM   #1

Water pressure suddenly low

First off, Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Hope your staying warm!

Now then, a few nights ago after getting home from work and wanting nothing but a nice hot shower the water pressure was hardly coming out of the shower head. No problem I soaked it in vinegar, cleaned all of the facets strains etc. still not very good pressure. The landlord and I will be working on the water pump in the well, he thinks that might have something to do with it. But if that is t the problem what could I check on my camper? Thanks all.
Dark Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 07:22 PM   #2

If you are carrying water in the fresh water tank, kick on the pump and see how the pressure is. I do that a lot when the demand is high in the campground and pressure drops.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 07:31 PM   #3

That the thing... The demand is just us. We are on a landowners land and he only has 2 camper spots available and my buddy moved out last year so it's just my better half and out dogs out here. It's the paradise of the Bakken
Old 11-27-2014, 10:32 PM   #4

Replace water filter.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 10:52 PM   #5

Got a brand new one in, still no difference. What I don't get is it on the camper or somewhere before the water gets to the camper. Because it just happened 2 nights ago, no slow decrease in pressure just boom low pressure.
Old 11-27-2014, 11:58 PM   #6

what is the pressure at the source? are you using a pressure reducer?
Old 11-28-2014, 12:04 AM   #7

No pressure regulator. The set up the land owner has is the pressure goes from 40psi down to 20psi then back up to 40psi and so on and so forth.
Old 11-28-2014, 12:13 AM   #8

if so, it is the well, not the camper. You are experiencing fluctuations before it gets to your camper. 40 psi is even a little low. 20 psi is pretty much a trickle.
Old 11-28-2014, 12:22 AM   #9

Have you tried running off the on-board fresh water tank, using the on-board water pump as suggested in the first response??? If you get good pressure using the on-board pump, then the problem is most likely the landlords problem. But if you still have low pressure then it's an internal RW problem. You need to determine first if it's inside or outside.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 12:34 AM   #10

Okay now here is possibly a less than intelligent question. On the winterizing hose that goes to the water pump I wanted to know in the was anything in yet because I ran the pump and didn't see pink in the water. Soooo I sucked on the line a little and sure enough there was antifreeze in it. I took the cover off the looking glass that goes to the water pump and there was some in there also when I should have been clear. Is my pump just not working now or what? I could hear it working but that's about it.
Old 11-28-2014, 01:16 AM   #11

OK, I think you're going to have us all confused now, I know I am.
You're trying to use your RW and it's water system, but at the same time you've winterized it????????????????
There is a valve that must be turned to draw water from the fresh water tank, and turned the opposite way to draw from the Winterize hose connection. There is a recent thread with pictures that show this valve.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
Old 11-28-2014, 01:31 AM   #12

The landlords pump should range between 40 and 70 psi. That's what mine is at home.
Elliott & Vicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 01:48 AM   #13

Well pressure range will vary from system to system. Our S&B Deep Well pump runs from 30 to 50, and if it drops below 20 it will shut the pump off until manually reset.
Old 11-28-2014, 01:51 AM   #14

Okay I am in the basement as I type this. Looking at the 1/4 turn valve by the water pump. The valve is in line with the pex line. Meaning the valve is open. And the looking glass is right beside it. This is just for the winterizing correct?
Old 11-28-2014, 04:29 AM   #15

Okay, my head is spinning. Low water pressure and now 3 lights all went out >.< every winter I swear things decide to go to hell at the same time hah.

Okay, there are no kinks in the water hose, have a brand new water filter, all faucets are clear of debre. I have no idea what else it could possibly be on the camper so I am thinking it's the landlords well. At least I hope so.
Old 11-28-2014, 04:53 AM   #16

You are scatter shooting instead of eliminating variables...
and at the same time giving us information that makes it hard for us to help diagnose your issue...

1) What is the temperature there ? is it freezing ?
2) Have you tried filling the fresh water tank and turning on the internal pump as asked ?

Please do this first and let us know so we can then direct our efforts to help in a more constructive direction.
johnboytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 04:59 AM   #17

Temp is below freezing but I have a very good heated hose. So that's not the issues I don't think.

Filled the fresh tank some. An ran off the pump without there being much difference.

Question: the only way to fill the tank is thru the large tube correct? There isn't done bypass that I'm missing? Also there isn't a bypass that makes the pump suck directly from the city water hook up correct?

I know I am wording this less than desired but just kinda frustrated right now I do apologize. Thanks for working with me on this issue.
Old 11-28-2014, 05:08 AM   #18

Sorry, lot's of questions so we can help ~ !
We aren't sure where your experience level is so trying to hone in on how to 'splain

ok, having a heated hose may help with the water that's in the hose,
but if elsewhere has frozen, that COULD be part of the issue...

has your furnace (NOT heat pump) been on the whole time it's been freezing ?

Let's make sure we are on the same page...
when you say low water pressure, what is low to you ?
an rv, by design cannot handle anything near what a house can - the max is somewherearound 60 psi...

Did you say you checked all the connections - the water filter is not stopped up, the water pressure is low throughout the rv or just in one place ?

ok - let's start at the source...
is there good water pressure outside at the hose bib BEFORE your heated hose ?
If so, next check after the heated hose,
if ok there, check your outside shower,
etc....

this is the water pressure regulator that I purchased http://www.amazon.com/Valterra-A01-1...pressure+gauge

it allows me to see (and adjust) the water pressure...
Old 11-28-2014, 05:20 AM   #19

The pressure is at 25-40psi as he has his pump set for.

I believe that the furnace is on a lot due to the cold. Not all the time though.
Pressure from the source and heated hose is where his pump is set at. Not sure on the outside shower. Which reminds me I have to disconnect that for the winter
Old 11-28-2014, 02:52 PM   #20

Sorry then....

I keep thinking it's the locations issue until proven differently...
20 psi is basically NO water pressure...

How about a simple test then, go to a commercial campground for one night and test it there ?

if it works fine there, the problem is with the site you are at...
if not, then it's in the rv...