Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-11-2018, 04:19 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin' texans View Post
I haven't bothered to look at my gauges in 4 years, they are so inaccurate I don't know why they bothered to install them.
Also as fulltimers we've learned the sound when flushing the toilet when it needs to be dumped, typically we can go easily last 7 days on the black & dump the galley at the same time. The bath grey I leave open when connected or I'd being dumping it daily between laundry & showers, so I close it a day or two before dumping the others to get a good rinse after draining the black.
So far this has worked well enough that I wouldn't spend the $200 or lay on the ground taking the coroplast loose.
We also havent used our sensors, cause when we flush the toilet it will blow back due to the tank being almost full, and we also close our two other tanks and then drain them after draining the black tank, and this has worked very well for my wife and i, and it normally takes about 3 weeks to fill our black tank.......
2017Redwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 04:11 PM   #22

We use Calgon and Borax along with Porta Pak holding tank deodorizer every time we dump, I always fill and flush flush three times till I see clear water in sight glass, then wife adds 1\2 cup Calgon, 1 cup Borax and deodorizer allow about five gallons water average and secure. Doesn't help much with probes, but have never had a problem with holding tank. Haven't relied on the gauges since we started full timing and realized they were useless.
Listen to your flushes, they will let you know when time to dump, I allow nine to ten minutes to fill tank with water to flush, stay close to dump valve and be mindful of time and you should have no problem.
Jeff&Karen39MB is offline   Reply With Quote