Old 11-13-2014, 05:38 PM   #1
Traveling

Water Dripping From Red LED Switch

Houston we have a problem. It has has been dry here for a few days so I was able to check for sure... We definitely have WATER dripping out of the switch under the nose cone for the LED light switch And let me just say:
{{{{{{{{{{{{{DANG IT}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Anybody else ever had this?
The heatpumps are causing there to be water on the roof, and I haven't even TOLD Todd about it yet for him to go check, but I guess that means it COULD be coming from the roof.... OR from somewhere internally, but that seems unlikely because to my knowledge there is no water line of any kind in that area.

Thoughts? I am thinking right now: Condensation from the cold forming on the inside of the nose cone, running down and exiting at the low point. I have TWO wet spots: one under the king pin and one under the switch.

Maybe it's nothing.
TNTBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 06:41 PM   #2

We had the same leak and the dealer recaulked the roof seam where the rubber meets the fiberglass.
Oh...I forgot the five kids.
spindrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 06:54 PM   #3
Traveling

Thanks Spin; I was thinking it might be that too. Well, we have a service appt coming up. Will add that to the list.
Old 11-14-2014, 12:39 AM   #4

The only seams for the nose cap are on the roof where the Alpha roof meets the cap, the joint is sealed with the Alpha sealant. The only other seams are where the walls meet the cap. The most likely suspect would be the roof, check for signs of a gap in the sealant.
Old 11-14-2014, 12:40 AM   #5
Traveling

Thanks Chuck. Will do... just as soon as it stops snowing :-)
Old 11-14-2014, 12:42 AM   #6

Cold is finally getting to No Georgia, temps will drop below freezing tonight...time to go to Florida!!!!!
Old 11-16-2014, 12:14 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTBaker View Post
Houston we have a problem. It has has been dry here for a few days so I was able to check for sure... We definitely have WATER dripping out of the switch under the nose cone for the LED light switch And let me just say:
{{{{{{{{{{{{{DANG IT}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Anybody else ever had this?
The heatpumps are causing there to be water on the roof, and I haven't even TOLD Todd about it yet for him to go check, but I guess that means it COULD be coming from the roof.... OR from somewhere internally, but that seems unlikely because to my knowledge there is no water line of any kind in that area.

Thoughts? I am thinking right now: Condensation from the cold forming on the inside of the nose cone, running down and exiting at the low point. I have TWO wet spots: one under the king pin and one under the switch.

Maybe it's nothing.
After you opened this thread, I started keeping an eye on my switches under there. Water drips from mine also. It has been as dry as powder here for several days. I'm thinking it's sweat, with the cooling temps here. I hadn't noticed it in warm weather, and I have been going over this unit a lot since it arrived. Our cold just started in the last few days. It stays pretty cool in that nose closet.
Old 11-16-2014, 06:29 AM   #8

We noticed water coming from the edging that wraps around the nose. Service guy drilled two holes for drainage. He thinks it's from a tiny spot up the wall near the roofline. Found out from dealer that RW only covers this( sealant of joints) for 90 days from purchase.
Don and Judith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 05:50 PM   #9
Traveling

I am really starting to think it's condensation in the nose cone... Dried it out. Been no rain, it's wet again. Its cold outside. Interesting.
Old 11-16-2014, 06:21 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTBaker View Post
I am really starting to think it's condensation in the nose cone... Dried it out. Been no rain, it's wet again. Its cold outside. Interesting.
I'm pretty sure it's condensation, also. It only does it when it's colder out, and the heat is on in here. 45 degrees out right now, and powder dry. I have only noticed it on mine after it gets dark, and temps fall.