Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-28-2015, 07:03 PM   #1

water drip out of blue drain hose

I have a 2015 Redwood 39MB. There is 2 blue hoses towards the back of 5th wheel under the kitchen slide out one has a handle to release water and the other one a drain hose. I noticed plenty of water dripping from the drain hose but don't know where this drip is coming from. My first guess was the ice maker or refrigerator defrost. Anyone have a answer for this? Thanks, Susie
Aguanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 06:28 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aguanga View Post
I have a 2015 Redwood 39MB. There is 2 blue hoses towards the back of 5th wheel under the kitchen slide out one has a handle to release water and the other one a drain hose. I noticed plenty of water dripping from the drain hose but don't know where this drip is coming from. My first guess was the ice maker or refrigerator defrost. Anyone have a answer for this? Thanks, Susie
I have also dealt with a similar issue but my two blue hoses are more under my BR slide out. We have a 2015 38RL, so we may or may not be talking about the same thing.

I found in another post that my issue was related to the fresh water tank. The one without a shutoff valve is the overflow. Unfortunately, RW has an issue with the tank creating a "siphoning effect" when it is filled. The water will continue to come out once it gets started and will not stop until it gets down to a certain level. For me, it was about the 1/3 level. Some had suggested to put a similar shutoff valve on there to stop the flow, which is what I did until I could get it back for warranty work.

My dealer, ExploreUSA, had to drop the fresh water tank in order to fix the issue. When I asked my service advisor what he did to fix it, I was told the tech would only tell him "it was a secret". For the life of me, I don't understand that kind of a response.

I haven't had a chance to test out the fix yet, but I do have the shutoff valve on it if it should leak again.

I hope this helps.

Steve
sbenhoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 07:16 PM   #3

Thanks for your help. My fresh water tank is 3/4 full from the dealer. Spoke with dealer and they didn't know (DUH) so I will call RW direct and let you know what I find out.
Old 05-31-2015, 07:19 PM   #4

Yea....it's amazing how those that work on these units at the dealerships must rarely read the forums. When I mention information I have found in this forum they have no idea what I'm talking about. You would think they would want to pick up on a few pointers from actual RW owners.....I hope RW can help you out
sbenhoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 11:52 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbenhoff View Post
Yea....it's amazing how those that work on these units at the dealerships must rarely read the forums. When I mention information I have found in this forum they have no idea what I'm talking about. You would think they would want to pick up on a few pointers from actual RW owners.....I hope RW can help you out
Add to that, many have never owned an rv themselves.

Mark
Old 06-01-2015, 12:13 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by markw View Post
Add to that, many have never owned an rv themselves.

Mark
It is just a paycheck to many of them
17.5 Goodyear G114's, RV Armor Roof
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Curt Q24 Hitch

rob_fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 11:50 PM   #7

I guess I should have read more of the threads to find out this is a common problem. I have repaired this issue with a shut of valve from HD. I'm now on page 47 of all the great posts. So far I love my Redwood. Minor issues only so far.