Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 05-15-2017, 10:43 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 2
Washing machine overflow - now what?

Very new RV'ers here.
Girlfriend ran the washer with the gray tanks closed and we got some overflow back from the hose connection.

I wanted to move out the washing machine and check beneath for water, etc. but can't see how to move it easily. It's wedged in tight! Do I have to take the entire closet apart? Any other suggestions?

__________________

2012 Redwood 38BR
2006 Ford f350 dually longbed
Andersen Ultimate hitch
johnh10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 11:05 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
r time soon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 577
I bet the washer is like our Splendide. If you remove the small bottom plastic piece on the lower front of the washer it is probably screwed down to the floor. I would remove the bi-fold doors and also the bull dog latch piece. Then cover bottom opening with some cardboard to protect the wood. Lift carefully as they are heavy and awkward.

Chris

2012 36RL
r time soon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 01:06 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Char & Steve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 994
Quote:
Originally Posted by r time soon View Post
I bet the washer is like our Splendide. If you remove the small bottom plastic piece on the lower front of the washer it is probably screwed down to the floor. I would remove the bi-fold doors and also the bull dog latch piece. Then cover bottom opening with some cardboard to protect the wood. Lift carefully as they are heavy and awkward.

Chris

2012 36RL
Chris is EXACTLY correct and it will slide out. The bottom wood trim piece may also have a side pocket screw but most likely just the 2 or 3 going into the floor.

Steve
__________________

2014 Redwood 36FL and 2015 GMC Denali 3500 DW Duramax
Char & Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 01:49 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
GA1817's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 351
My wife did the same thing early on in our ownership. That is the reason for the plastic tray. I would just sop the water up with towels and place a fan to help dry the area up. I would not remove the unit!
__________________
Dean & Cindy (Go DAWGS)
2013 Ram 3500 CC DRW 4.10 "Plain Jane"
(RIP "Struck by Lightning")
B&W 3600 Hitch 25K/6.25k
2012 36RL, Disc Brakes, G614's, 7K axles, Combo WD, Awning Toppers
Full Time Since April 1 2015:)!
GA1817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 01:53 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 329
We had the same issue with our washer, although it wasn't a major overflow (the tank was overfull before the wash and the drain valve was closed). I dried out the area around the washer and the separate drier and mopped up the water that flowed onto the main floor. Most of the water drained outside from the slide.

I didn't move the washer, and I haven't seen any damage from the overflow.
__________________
2013 Redwood 36RL, 2011 F-450, Sat Internet, Sat TV
almcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 02:41 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
rob_fla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,641
Wow, you have the exact same Maytag washing machine I have, been using it for almost 6 years now with no problems.

Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnh10 View Post
Very new RV'ers here.
Girlfriend ran the washer with the gray tanks closed and we got some overflow back from the hose connection.

I wanted to move out the washing machine and check beneath for water, etc. but can't see how to move it easily. It's wedged in tight! Do I have to take the entire closet apart? Any other suggestions?

__________________
Robert & Sheryl
2014 Redwood 38FL
MoRyde 8K IS, Disc Brakes, MoRyde Pin Box
17.5 Goodyear G114's, RV Armor Roof
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Curt Q24 Hitch

rob_fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 03:30 PM   #7
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_fla View Post
Wow, you have the exact same Maytag washing machine I have, been using it for almost 6 years now with no problems.

Robert
I would like to see a picture of your Armor roof if possible. Thanks
gvtahoe88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 09:17 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
rob_fla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,641
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvtahoe88 View Post
I would like to see a picture of your Armor roof if possible. Thanks
RV Armor Roof

IMG_2165.jpg

IMG_2168.jpg
__________________
Robert & Sheryl
2014 Redwood 38FL
MoRyde 8K IS, Disc Brakes, MoRyde Pin Box
17.5 Goodyear G114's, RV Armor Roof
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Curt Q24 Hitch

rob_fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 11:29 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Char & Steve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 994
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_fla View Post
Rob,
Roof looks great. Very shinny so is it slippery or just appears that way?

Steve
__________________

2014 Redwood 36FL and 2015 GMC Denali 3500 DW Duramax
Char & Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 05:37 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
rob_fla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,641
Quote:
Originally Posted by Char & Steve View Post
Rob,
Roof looks great. Very shinny so is it slippery or just appears that way?

Steve
Steve, it was shinny when it was installed as shown in the picture, now over a year later, it is more of a matt finish and no it is not slippery when getting up in the roof to do the occasional washing / cleaning,
__________________
Robert & Sheryl
2014 Redwood 38FL
MoRyde 8K IS, Disc Brakes, MoRyde Pin Box
17.5 Goodyear G114's, RV Armor Roof
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Curt Q24 Hitch

rob_fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Redwood Registry

38RD

Randalf

Fmlyfun

bjfdvm
Add your Redwood RV
» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Redwood RV or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.