Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-12-2015, 03:35 AM   #1

Angry Washer Connections

I know this has been talked about on here before. They may have fixed the problem on the later models of Redwoods, but thought there might be some out there that have not heard this. We are having a washer and dryer installed on Monday. Because we have heard the nightmares people have had on this forum, thought we would tell what we found. Russ took the bed out and checked to see that all the drain hoses were connected and not crimped. We found the drain hose crimped and it was not even connected to the drain pipe leading to the holding tank. If we had not done this, it would have drained under our bed and into our coach. So just a reminder, if you have a 36 RL and are planning on having a washer installed, you might want to remember to check out the drain hoses under the bed. Better safe than sorry.

Russ & Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 05:15 AM   #2

Very good reminder!

I ended up with water on the floor and tore the whole bed apart only to find the real problem was I forgot to drain the tank. The rig was brand new to us and I was enjoying playing with everything so much I didn't realize how much water we were using

Since then, Dory has been ruthless to me, heckling me everytime I do the wash "don't forget to open the tank - na na na". Almost as bad as reminding me to put diesel in the truck instead of gas everytime I fill up, just because we got towed to Ford 1 time 7 years ago with 24 gallons of premium gasoline in the tank..... She has no mercy... I can't wait until she does something wrong....
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 02:04 PM   #3

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
Russ
Good reminder
When i installed our washer in 36RL i didn't check, washed a load of clothes and noticed water coming out from under the bed. Tore it apart and the flex line that connects to the drain pipe, the fitting that was glued to the end of flex pipe had come apart. After a trip to Home Depot all is well. I have had to repair numerous small things EG wire not connected to central vac inlet, bedroom furnace vent pipe fell off under the basement, cotter keys left in awning motors etc
This forum is a great resource as most of the problems i have had have already been posted so I knew what to do right away.
Old 02-13-2015, 02:49 AM   #4

We have surely learned a lot about things that can go wrong with our Redwood. And saved us some headaches. Thanks everyone!!!!!!
Russ & Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 03:01 AM   #5

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
Russian
I have had trailers and truck campers for the lass 36 years and they all have issues. Normally when you have a problem you have to start looking and trace everything out. The great Benifit of this forum is the majority of rvs have the same issues and by reaping the knowledge of all these great people here, we can head straight to the known trouble spots to start our investigations. Also we get first hand a counts of new and improved products and upgrades.