Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-01-2012, 02:04 PM   #1

Has anyone had warranty repairs done at the Redwood factory? I am wondering if they have provisions for me to stay in my unit in the evenings.
I plan on going there, Syracuse , in mid June for warranty work.
Thanks
Bob
Old 12-01-2012, 03:46 PM   #2
Site Team

I just came back yesterday from the factory. I guess it depends on what they're doing to your unit. I think I'd call Linda (Tinkerbell) and ask her. They have 50 amp plugs all over the place and it probably wouldn't be hard to run a power cord out one of their doors to hook up to.

They have a building set up just for repairs and they do a wonderful job.

Old 12-02-2012, 07:53 AM   #3

Thanks for the reply, I will give Linda a call. I have a list of about 15 items so far, none of which should be overwhelming. I look on line and do not see an RV park within 20 miles of the place.
I see by the picture of your unit that you have the second awning on the slide out. Im thinking about having one put on while in for warranty, do you find it that useful?
Bob
Old 12-02-2012, 08:32 AM   #4
Site Team

Bob, That's one of the options that we added at the very end of the production and boy are we glad we did. I think the main awning is just too small. The whole side of the coach is now shaded and I'll definitely do it again when I order the next coach.

While you're at the factory for service, they'll check over and adjust things that you didn't know needed adjusting. It'll be well worth the trip.

Old 12-03-2012, 08:01 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Ginny
I just came back yesterday from the factory. I guess it depends on what they're doing to your unit. I think I'd call Linda (Tinkerbell) and ask her. They have 50 amp plugs all over the place and it probably wouldn't be hard to run a power cord out one of their doors to hook up to.

They have a building set up just for repairs and they do a wonderful job.

Dave...............I agree with your comments about the Redwood sevice center. I had my 36RL in for the annual inspection and minor warranty repairs in November. While there, they went through the entire coach and found some items that I did not even know about. Theyadded more and different latches to the pantry door to keep it closed. The freezer doors on the Dometic refrigerator were found to be warped and the Dometic factory representative ordered in and replaced the doors. My list included 12 other minor items that were taken care of with no question including replacing the sound system sub-woofer. And Linda, the service scheduler, is a great representative for Redwood..............she is a sweet lady.

Guy

hoosierguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:16 PM   #6
Site Team

Guy, I'm glad you had a great experience!