Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-22-2013, 10:57 AM   #1

Wife and I are living full time in our Redwood 36FB. We have our first warranty appointment with the dealer on Feb 1. Since we're full timers, we hope to drop it off in the morning and get everything addressed that day. We'll pick it up before they close.

While we have created a list of items, wanted to see if there's anything else we should ask the dealer to do while we have it in. Preventative type stuff?

Dealer knows we're coming, has our list in advance, has ordered known parts needed, etc.

Thanks
2015 Redwood RV (39MB)
GCAKIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:47 AM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCAKIA
Wife and I are living full time in our Redwood 36FB. We have our first warranty appointment with the dealer on Feb 1. Since we're full timers, we hope to drop it off in the morning and get everything addressed that day. We'll pick it up before they close.

While we have created a list of items, wanted to see if there's anything else we should ask the dealer to do while we have it in. Preventative type stuff?

Dealer knows we're coming, has our list in advance, has ordered known parts needed, etc.

Thanks

Depending on how long you have had your coach, you may want to contact Redwood customer service to see if there are any Technical Service Bulletons out on your model. You could then provide that information to the dealer ahead of time for them to make any necessary arrangements. Check with .............

Brian Emmons, Redwood Technical Support attelephone No.574-457-7811.

When I had my coach in to the factoryfor it's annual inspection in November,there were a couple of TSB's performed that brought everything up to the latest.

The problem is that for some dealers, they don't always take the time to check for TSBs.

hoosierguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:17 PM   #3

Great suggestion. Thanks
2015 Redwood RV (39MB)
Old 01-22-2013, 12:34 PM   #4

Called Brian and he was great. He was able to pull up the history on our specific Redwood and knew we needed to get one part ordered in advance to get a Level Up TSB addressed. Thanks again!
2015 Redwood RV (39MB)
Old 02-07-2013, 01:27 PM   #5

Well our appointment was last week to get our warranty work done. Got up early Friday with the intent to get the Redwood to the dealer early so they'd have all day to work on it if needed. Got it all wrapped up and ready to go. As I began to hook it up to the truck, needed to adjust the Lippert lift system. The master panel showed no power and had no operation to it at all. Great.

Called the dealer to let them know about the problem and that we would be late. The service tech I spoke with said it was most likely a blown fuse and that this was the issue to be addressed by the TSB.Apparently without this TSB applied the system regularly blows fuses and won't operate. Great.

The good news is that once I replaced the fuse, it worked fine and we got it into the dealer OK.

So, I will absolutely pass along the recommendation that came originally from Guy and Phyllis; be sure to take the initiative to check with Redwood directly on TSB's. You can't assume your delaer will do this as a standard part of their service. Great!

Thanks again to Guy and Phyllis!
2015 Redwood RV (39MB)
Old 02-07-2013, 06:11 PM   #6

How do we check for TSBs... do we have to call Redwood?

Old 02-07-2013, 10:59 PM   #7

I'm going to have my dealer contact Redwood about open TSB's for my unit before I bring it in for warranty. I want the dealer to learn the appropriate process.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:51 AM   #8

Check with .............

Brian Emmons, Redwood Technical Support attelephone No.574-457-7811.
2015 Redwood RV (39MB)
Old 02-08-2013, 10:54 AM   #9

Sinder,...excellent point. I don't understand why that wouldn't be a standard part of their customer service process. Whether the Redwood is under warranty or not, it's important for Redwood owners to know about recalls.

I asked our dealer why it wasn't done as part of their process. I was told it's the responsibility of Redwood to send the owner a letter. Not a good answer.
2015 Redwood RV (39MB)
Old 02-08-2013, 11:40 AM   #10

Why couldn't those service bulletins be posted on this forum regularly? Could be useful to us all!
Old 02-08-2013, 01:26 PM   #11

You mean, other than the fact it would probably triple the number of warranty claims?
Mike & Pam '12 36RL, Kodiak Discs, 17.5" G114s H-Rated, SRE4000 w/HD Shackles, Joy Rider Shocks, Flex Air, 5.5 Onan, W&D, DW, 4 Scare Lights, (2) 6V Trojan T-145s; Progressive EMS-HW50C, Winegard DTV Sat, Sony/Denon 4K Home Theater, WiFiRanger EliteAC Pack, weBoost 4G-X Cell Booster.

2022 RAM 3500 Limited CC, LB, 4x4, DRW, Max Tow, Cummins HO, AISIN, 4.10, Mopar 30K w/OEM Prep, Transfer Flow 70gal Aux Tank/Toolbox.
5th_Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:15 PM   #12

Could help them get it right the first time!
Old 02-08-2013, 04:29 PM   #13
Site Team

Keep in mind these ARE NOT recalls, they're simply service items for the service people to be on the look out for. If they were posted, the shops would get flooded with what folks think are emergencies. I do understand everybody's desire to look out for potential problems but by posting the TSB it could cause a potential problem to be viewed as a serious problem.