Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-15-2013, 08:06 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy
It is like Thor doesn't like the name Crossroad, such as on the emblem on the left side of the RV, it says Thor Redwwood. Thor ownes Montana too, but the Thor uname isn't on it. Just saying.
my Montana says Thor on the tail. What was your point?
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:00 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom ant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy
It is like Thor doesn't like the name Crossroad, such as on the emblem on the left side of the RV, it says Thor Redwwood. Thor ownes Montana too, but the Thor uname isn't on it. Just saying.
my Montana says Thor on the tail. What was your point?
It still goes by Keystone Montana, When I bought my Redwood, the dealer did not say anything about Crossroads, the first I heard of Crossroads was when I was trying to find a closer dealer. Thor Redwood said I could go to any Crossroads dealer for warranty work because Thor bought out Crossroad Carriage.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:49 PM   #23

TRUE!
Old 04-15-2013, 10:02 PM   #24

The sky was NEVER blue'r, friends stepped up and helped DW, DW was "ASWOME", kids all stepped into the spot light, church said prayers and GOD MADE THE TRIP EASY! Doc says he never have so little trouble, Southwest Medical Cancer Center beyond best care. Fantastic care @ the cancer cancer, all I had to do was make the TRIP! I pray no one gets cancer best chance, UT SOUTHWEST MEDICAL CNCER, THEY HAVE YOUR 6!
Old 04-15-2013, 10:33 PM   #25
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RifRaff
The sky was NEVER blue'r, friends stepped up and helped DW, DW was "ASWOME", kids all stepped into the spot light, church said prayers and GOD MADE THE TRIP EASY! Doc says he never have so little trouble, Southwest Medical Cancer Center beyond best care. Fantastic care @ the cancer cancer, all I had to do was make the TRIP! I pray no one gets cancer best chance, UT SOUTHWEST MEDICAL CNCER, THEY HAVE YOUR 6!
I'm glad it worked out for you.....I'll consider them. I'll probably have to start some sort of treatment for cancer myself later in the year or early next. Thanks for sharing
Old 04-15-2013, 11:25 PM   #26

Man, I'll be praying for U! Ask your friends to pray, it's incredible hard trip, I'll ask God to take your health into his hands.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:36 PM   #27

MAYBE we'll meet, I'll be there several times myself in the next 2 years. Even if Verizon fios won't. Let me go back to work. No job slot available. Don't know what that does for my insurance needs. LTD ENDS in 2 or 3 months, Verizon seems to be saying: TOO BAD, SO SAD. NOT OUR PROBLEM. IN MIDDLE OF THE CANCER TREATMENT I will lose INSURANCE, MEDS COST $48000.00 a yr. so, short summary, 65 yrs old, no insurance, no job, no problem.
Old 04-16-2013, 06:55 AM   #28

Father God I pray for there full recovery in the mighty name of Jesus, Amen.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:24 AM   #29

RifRaff:

You have my sympathy and my prayers. We had several years of patching together insurance coverage after DH lost his job and I lost my practice. They can't just end your insurance -- there's COBRA that continues your current insurance after you lose your job. It's not cheap, but way less than $48,000 a year. Check out state "group" insurance. Don't know about TX, but in VT we were able to get coverage for about $500 a month each pre-Medicare. Once Medicare kicks in, there are supplement plans -- again, we used state programs for a while-- premiums were cut about in half. Check out any organizations you may belong to (or can join)-- AARP, work related (union?), church related, whatever. Don't give up! There are programs out there to help! Check with meds manufacturer -- some will cover part of the cost. Hospitals and doctors may give you a better price (something close to what insurance companies pay rather than "full price"). Check out drug trials and other research projects. You may have to travel to get to one, but fortunately we RVers have the advantage of being able to do that. Campgrounds have offered discounts when we tell them we're there for treatment at a local hospital. Hospitals have employees whose job it is to help patients find programs they are eligible for. If there's anything I can do to help (even brainstorming) contact me by PM.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:36 AM   #30

Now that is what I am talking about. One big think tank and prayer chain. RWers are special people.

Old 04-16-2013, 09:42 AM   #31
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueMar
RifRaff:

You have my sympathy and my prayers. We had several years of patching together insurance coverage after DH lost his job and I lost my practice. They can't just end your insurance -- there's COBRA that continues your current insurance after you lose your job. It's not cheap, but way less than $48,000 a year. Check out state "group" insurance. Don't know about TX, but in VT we were able to get coverage for about $500 a month each pre-Medicare. Once Medicare kicks in, there are supplement plans -- again, we used state programs for a while-- premiums were cut about in half. Check out any organizations you may belong to (or can join)-- AARP, work related (union?), church related, whatever. Don't give up! There are programs out there to help! Check with meds manufacturer -- some will cover part of the cost. Hospitals and doctors may give you a better price (something close to what insurance companies pay rather than "full price"). Check out drug trials and other research projects. You may have to travel to get to one, but fortunately we RVers have the advantage of being able to do that. Campgrounds have offered discounts when we tell them we're there for treatment at a local hospital. Hospitals have employees whose job it is to help patients find programs they are eligible for. If there's anything I can do to help (even brainstorming) contact me by PM.
I agree, there are many options out there....just make sure you ask. Also go to the community health clinics that sometimes have drugs that have been donated. Also tell your doctors that you don't have insurance.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:46 AM   #32

Send a message via Yahoo to RollsRoyce

Marty and Suzanne, That kind of information is wonderful and sharing it is even more so...You guys are AOK in my book...May God bless us all and those who are not healthy "GET WELL SOON"
RW36FB
RollsRoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:38 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Ginny
Quote:
Originally Posted by SueMar
RifRaff:

I agree, there are many options out there....just make sure you ask. Also go to the community health clinics that sometimes have drugs that have been donated. Also tell your doctors that you don't have insurance.

DW lost her RX plan. Checked out Costco and told them no RX plan...that was like a "magic" word. Started geting RX at about 1/10 the price...worth asking!

God Bless!!
2013 36 RL
subdoc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 03:19 PM   #34

I know exactly what you are going through. I had breast cancer in 2005. It decided to come back and visit last September in my lower back. I so would like to retire and just enjoy the RW, but need to work until I make Medicare. That's is 1/12 years from now. I do love my job, but I want to start traveling sooner than later. Hubby is retired now, I'm jealous. I heard Escapees were trying to put together a group insurance plan. If I saw that happen, I would check that out as well. I have to take my treatments forever since it this is my 2nd time around. I can never be classified as "cured". Dr. calls it "chronic cancer" and I will always have to watch for other issues. I will be going into the hospital for a port placement on Monday. Chemo has depleted my veins and last month it took 9 tried to get a vein. I had a port before, so this should make the infusions much easier.

I will also put you on my prayer list. Prayer is the most wonderful thing. The next best thing is positive thinking.

Sharon
SW1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:16 PM   #35
Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RifRaff
MAYBE we'll meet, I'll be there several times myself in the next 2 years. Even if Verizon fios won't. Let me go back to work. No job slot available. Don't know what that does for my insurance needs. LTD ENDS in 2 or 3 months, Verizon seems to be saying: TOO BAD, SO SAD. NOT OUR PROBLEM. IN MIDDLE OF THE CANCER TREATMENT I will lose INSURANCE, MEDS COST $48000.00 a yr. so, short summary, 65 yrs old, no insurance, no job, no problem.

Too bad you couldn't move to canada, cuba, the UK or france

07 Dodge 3500, Exhaust Brake, Edge Programer, Killer "B" Turbo
13 RL ALL options except Gen and W/D
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:13 PM   #36

Hi All,

Got the call from my Service Guy at Camping in Style in Brooklin Ontario and they completed the following:
- greased wet bolts, 2 zerks missing, replaced and greased
- only 6000 miles on unit, told no need to grease wheel bearings until 10,000
- roof inspected and sealed as needed
- all exterior lights and clearance lights resealed
- all slides recalibrated, seals cleaned and lubricated, glides lubricated
- jack cylinders cleaned and lubricated
- washer/dryer/bedroom slide reset so it closes flush on all outside surfaces
- slide trim cut back where it was touching lino when closed at top of stairs
- all maxxair fans checked and lubed
- sagging TV cabinet door hinges realigned
- paperwork faxed to Redwood for Year 1 Inspection
- trailer washed and ready for pickup this Saturday

- Cost to Owner ===> ZERO !!!

That's Customer Service!!

Old 04-18-2013, 08:21 PM   #37

NO COST?! What a super dealership.
Oh...I forgot the five kids.
spindrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:26 PM   #38

BradPAjax,

Customer service at its best.

I wish there were more service people like that in the USA.

Dave

Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:27 PM   #39

They are awesome! Dan is my Service Guy and he is a pleasure to work with.

Old 04-18-2013, 09:26 PM   #40

Talked to Ron Howard (What a great personable guy). He reassured me the 2 year warranty is still the norm at RW (not at Crosswoods). He did say you need to due your annual check (at our cost) to keep the warranty in effect. That seems reasonable to me. Some of you have the bonus of your inspection being comped! Thats great.
2013 36 RL
subdoc4 is offline   Reply With Quote