Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-07-2016, 05:53 PM   #1

Warranty

Can anyone explain the Redwood warranty? I have 2013 Redwood, it came with the 2+5 year Warranty. I have been going to Elkhart Indiana at the end of each season to have repairs completed at an authorized RV repair shop, that the Factory set me up with. They have been wonderful, when I can wait for repairs. All those things have been covered by Redwood.
I want to know how you get repairs dealt with when traveling and you are not near an authorized Redwood dealer and how the warranty works then?
TroutTravelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 07:37 PM   #2
Site Team

Your trailer will be grandfathered with the 5 year structural warranty that is no longer offered.

As for using your warranty, I think you'll have to call the factory service center if you have problems. In the past when I was on the road they would direct me to the nearest service dealer and helped work out some service. I'm not sure if they still do that or not but they should.

With all the shake up 2 years ago with the management team and now they're putting new people in place again, it'll be anyone guess.
Old 03-08-2016, 12:29 AM   #3

For the past two years we have been full time. 95% of our service repairs under warrenty were performed by Mobil techs. Just have them contact Crossroads with their finding and get approval for repairs. So far so good for me. Tom
Old 03-08-2016, 01:00 AM   #4

Warranty

Thanks for your quick responses. It is my bedroom slide, again, that is not functioning properly. Last time I put it out, it only went part way, and only one side. Our site here has our front very low, but we are level. My husband thinks the slide may be too heavy for the way we are positioned. Any thoughts?

We managed to get it back in by playing "in" & "out" many times with my husband helping the side with the needed extra nudge. Finding a good mobile tech will be my next challenge. We are in the San Clemente State Park in California for a limited time.
Old 03-08-2016, 03:45 AM   #5

Have you used CRC on the rails and gears of the motors. This has been a on going issue with bedroom slides and you need to keep them lubed so the will function correctly.
Old 03-08-2016, 01:31 PM   #6

You also need to keep the switch depressed for an additional 3-5 seconds after the slide stops moving. That needs to be done whether extending or retracting. Lci has a great video explaining how and what to use to lube the Shwintek system.
Rick and Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 03:40 PM   #7

After calling several service repair shops, I found a Camping World able to fit us in.
BUT, Flagstaff Camping World is not the place to go! After three weeks, with an estimate of over $3000, a big run around and no fix in sight, I called the Customer Service at Crossroads to get a repair recommendation. He reviewed our area and gave us a repair place in Cottonwood AZ, named Camelot RV Center. A small shop with a great tech. He found a broken wire, repaired it and for 3.5 hours labor we were on our way. I will now always check with Customer Service for a recommended service repair shop, & drive the distance, if possible.
Old 06-14-2016, 03:41 PM   #8

P.S. Thanks for all the suggestions, we did try them all before we gave up to go for repair! My extended warranty covered the repair after I submitted it, shop did not want to deal with them.
Old 06-14-2016, 04:05 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick and Mindy View Post
You also need to keep the switch depressed for an additional 3-5 seconds after the slide stops moving. That needs to be done whether extending or retracting.
Uh oh, I didn't realize this point, is this only for the newer models? Is this procedure actually prescribed by LCI?
Oh...I forgot the five kids.
spindrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 08:32 PM   #10
Site Team

Any of the Schwintek slides Tom. We do it every time, in or out, hold the button for a slow 3 count. This synchronizes the motors. Also, never stop partway, always go full in or out.
Old 06-14-2016, 09:22 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick and Mindy View Post
You also need to keep the switch depressed for an additional 3-5 seconds after the slide stops moving. That needs to be done whether extending or retracting. Lci has a great video explaining how and what to use to lube the Shwintek system.
This was actually one of our "minor repair" requests for the Rally last year. Our Shwintek slides were so out-of-sinc that I had to manually push them in and out while Debbie pressed to buttons. Troy, the Redwood Tech, showed us how to extend and retract them properly, and we have not had any issues since.

Bob
Grizzby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 09:38 PM   #12

Well I'll be....
Oh...I forgot the five kids.
spindrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 11:46 PM   #13

Run the schwintech slides out about 3" & then back in 3 times & hold the button when in for a count of 3, this is how the service center synced my bedroom slide.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote