Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-05-2014, 01:10 AM   #1

Very Disappointed Very Very!!

We have owned 2 Redwoods 2012 36FB and now a 2014 38FB. We like every owner of any RV (some more than others) realize that there will always be some problems right from the get go that need to be addressed. Mostly minor and through Redwood mostly always taken care of. That is why we are a owner of our second one.
Our concern is that on our 2014 we now have 2 issues that question the Quality Assurance of rigs moving out of the factory:
1- our main slide was never level when extended so took it back to dealer and when the Tech leveled it out (so pens would not roll off the table along with our red wine :-)) our full paint job lines were off by 3-4 inches when closed. We have been in contact with Redwood and set up a date in Oct..
2- our biggest disappointment came yesterday when after a few days of smelling what seemed to be Black Tank odor I went below and saw liquids leaking from our belly. Things were sagging. Not unfamiliar with RV repairs I dropped the belly and looked for the problem. What I found was Duck Tape (bad sign) and a plastic wire cover tube cut and put between the I Beam and the the core of the tank (not the 1" flange clearance as required). Any movement would cause chafing on the main tank causing a break and leak.
Two things: the I Beam is screw in....move it if it is not in correct alignment do not use Duck Tape and plastic tubing to hide poor craftsmanship that will cause problems.
Number 2, I was in the Military and am very familiar with Quality Assurance! If at any time I was doing an inspection and saw Duck Tape it would raise a red flag and I would investigate.
I have not yet contacted Redwood on this issue but hope by next week we have discussed this and have found a solution.
Thanks to all of you for bearing with me on this one More pics if you would like to see.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (19.6 KB, 135 views)